Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo vs Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Dabo vs Spurrier

Nov 30, 2012, 10:22 PM

Does Dabo ever admit he was outcoached against Usuck in any of the losses? I like him and despise Spurrier but its obvious. He speaks on execution a lot and to do that you have to put your players in position by doing whats been successful. He and CM didn't do that,I thought BV tried all he could,no gripes with him

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo was not out coached..SEC refs screwed us***

Nov 30, 2012, 10:27 PM

There were certainly bad calls.

Nov 30, 2012, 10:33 PM

But we flat out got beat by a team who played (and appeared to be coached) better that night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo was not out coached..SEC refs screwed us***

Dec 1, 2012, 7:04 AM [ in reply to Dabo was not out coached..SEC refs screwed us*** ]

Back ups had better stats than your all americans bottom line. If that isn't out coaching then, what is?

Dec 1, 2012, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Dabo was not out coached..SEC refs screwed us*** ]

Dabo has never been and never will be outcoached by anyone! That is why all of these schools with vacancies are getting ready to line up to interview him and throw millions of dollars to a sterling young coach who has played in two ACCCG's in 4 years AND won the prestigious Bobby Dodd award last year.

Dec 1, 2012, 8:02 AM

Dabo WAS outcoached, but the offsides on our big sack late in the game on 3rd down gave them a first down and changed the situation.
The ref on our sideline threw the flag AFTER the play ended. I thought it was a grounding flag as it was thrown so late.
No reverses, trick plays, did not use Sammy out of the backfiled, no screens, only 1 deep ball, 10 yard cushion at LOS, arm tackling, and not punishing receivers.
OUTCOACHED AGAIN!!!

We had some BS calls too. Dabo was outcoached. He couldn't

Dec 1, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Dabo was not out coached..SEC refs screwed us*** ]

adjust during the game. Kevin Steele got blamed by clemson fans for the loss to us last year. But during that game, clemson's offense was impotent.

Re: Dabo vs Spurrier

Nov 30, 2012, 10:35 PM

I agree with you on most points.I too think Brent did what he could with the personal he had.Only wish he had blitzed a few more times and bumped Saunders on the line.
As far as Dabo,and Chad,I think both were outcoached by Spurrier, although I doubt they would confess that in public.I also also been told in conversation that Chad coached with a little bit of fear.
Who knows.All that matters is 0-4,and 0-5 could be coming in 358 days.

Over the years I've sort of adopted the attitude that a

Dec 1, 2012, 7:23 AM

losing coach has been outcoached and/or the losing team has been outplayed. As to Dabo and Spurrier, considering Spurrier's successes over the years, he should be the better coach in most games in which his teams play, although the facts sometimes belie that point. And regarding our recent game, I just simply believe that on that night, the better coached team won.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Over the years I've sort of adopted the attitude that a

Dec 1, 2012, 7:46 AM

Yes I agree! One coach with less than a decade of experience vs coach with decades of coaching. Experience is an advantage. Also, goes for players as well. A team of sophomores and freshman is on the upward slope of the learning curve.

Dec 1, 2012, 7:55 AM

Dabo is as good or better recruiter than Spurrier. Dabo does not adapt to play with what talent he has as good as Spurrier.
They were playing without their star RB and exremely lucky starting QB and still beat us by 10.

Spurrier is way more experienced but hopefully Dabo learns over time.

Dec 1, 2012, 8:46 AM

I dont know if I totally agree with all the BS about Dabo and Co. being outcoached. I tend to wonder why the offense did not continue to play with the same wreckless abandon that it had the majority of the season.Why was the running game abandoned, when it appeared to be working. The playmakers on the team just were not involved, and it appeared that Tajh was inspired to run the ball first and ask questions later.Most all of this was due to Usucks defense kicking Clemson's butt at the LOS. (much as I hate to admit it)

Dec 1, 2012, 9:05 AM

Who calls the plays? Sometimes being outcoached is not about preparation it's about changing on the fly, or not changing just because you are a "fast paced" offense. Morris is a baby in coaching years and he will learn that if it's not broken, don't fix it. At no point in the game did they stop our running game, but we insisted on throwing the ball on 2/3rds of our plays.

Dec 1, 2012, 9:30 AM

I keep hearing about how we got beat by a backup QB but no one ever mentions that we were pretty much playing with 3rd string DBs with the exception of Meeks

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic