Topic: Dabo: "they're booing us boys...."
Replies: 8   Last Post: Sep 27, 2017 1:36 AM by: rjohn19®
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

Dabo: "they're booing us boys...."

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 5:44 PM

I watched the game of TV but assume the crowd was not booing the players....they were booing the play calling in frustration. If you boo the team you suck!

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/No-falling-asleep-on-the-bus-Swinney-expects-raucous-environment-in-Blacksburg-16233

No excuse for booing period - but as I say, that's just me

[8]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 5:55 PM

I've watched Clemson sports through thick and thin all my life and I can honestly say that it never once occurred to me to actually "boo" the team or the coaches under any circumstances.

There have been plenty of times since I was a little kid back in 1958, through the really lean years of the early 70s when I was a student, right up to the present day when I haven't been happy with the way things were going, but I never, ever booed the Clemson Tigers. Not once ... ever.

IMHO, it's not something you do in college sports.

Maybe it's okay in the pros, I don't know because I don't follow the NFL or the NBA.

Re: No excuse for booing period - but as I say, that's just me

[5]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 5:57 PM

Back in my day(the 60's) if you booed the team you were about to get your ### beat by somebody.

Re: No excuse for booing period - but as I say, that's just me

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 12:47 AM

The only ones getting Booed are the refs, (when needed) and
possibly someone on the opposing team for dirty play.
GO TIGERS!!!

I heard a sprinkling, but really how could anyone boo a

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 6:18 PM

staff that has already won a national championship and finished runner-up once. That's crazy. If it helps relieve frustration, that's no excuse. Here's what I do to relieve frustration at a game, or while watching at home.

I never boo, period. If I'm at the game and feel like I'm just about to go crazy with frustration, I get up and go walk on the concourse for a few minutes. Many times I can still see the game, but the walking helps get rid of the pent up nerves. If I'm home, I turn off the tv for a while. Let some time go by and then go back to the game.

Was plenty loud on tv

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 6:20 PM

Good mic placement

I "booed" a lot......

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2017 6:27 PM

during the Pitt game last year. Tackling too hard. Geez.

Anything that helps put a chip on their shoulder.

Posted: Sep 26, 2017 7:02 PM

Maybe we should booooo more often. Help create the "us versus them" mentality except now it's their own fans who are the "them"!

Re: Dabo: "they're booing us boys...."

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 1:36 AM

Didn't Spence get booed a few times?

Replies: 8   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Georgia Tech
FOR SALE: WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE SEATING: Three tickets (folding chairs) right behind the band and a Motor Pool...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
2344 people have read this post