Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo knows...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,640

Dabo knows...

Dec 5, 2019, 1:35 PM

I've been observing him for 10 years now, incidentally of course, not like a stalker, and I've noticed that he has a tell about him. When he feels really really good about something, he's almost giddy happy.

Before last years NC game I was watching an interview at the stadium with someone, I forget who, but Dabo and another guy walked into the camera frame in the background, and he was laughing and yucking it up. He waved to the camera, all smiles, and went on about his way. I told my wife, "that is a guy without a care in the world. We got this."

Dabo is a smart guy. And I don't think he would get into a pi55ing match with a media nobody unless he felt like he could back it up in spades. He most definitely is not a BSer. Even to say something like "We have to go 30-0..." goes against his "one game at a time" mantra. So he's laying it out there. Now, anything can happen...A meteor could drop from the sky, aliens could invade the stadium, nothing is an absolute guarantee. But Dabo looks real happy to me, and he's willing to jerk these media morons around on a string, so I just feel in the back of my mind he knows he's gonna smoke these fools big time in the next few weeks.

It feels just like it did days prior to 44-16.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo knows...

Dec 5, 2019, 1:40 PM

I told my wife the same thing, we can handle these teams. Dabo is confident.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Actually, you may be on to something...***

Dec 5, 2019, 1:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we are 30-0

Dec 5, 2019, 1:52 PM

3 of past 4 years natty champs, this run dwarfs Saban's run at Bama IMO by a long shot.

Re: If we are 30-0

Dec 5, 2019, 2:26 PM

Bama won 3 out of 4 as well in '09, '11, and '12. It wasn't the playoff era, and they lost a game in both the 2011 and 2012 seasons, but it's still pretty impressive. They followed that up with 2 more championships in the next 5 years.

We are hopefully on our way to topping Saban's run at Bama, but we aren't there yet. A Natty this year would put us on equal footing in my opinion. We would have matched his best 4 year run, but 5 nattys in 9 years is still pretty darn good over a longer period of time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of Custer was always giddy before battle too

Dec 5, 2019, 2:22 PM

until his last "giddy up."

And Nero fiddled while Rome burned. The last thing we need

Dec 5, 2019, 3:00 PM

is for Dabo to get overconfident right now. I don't think he is. He has a system, and sticking to that system has brought great success. He may be having a little extra fun with the media this time around, but I'll wager practices are deadly bidness sirius.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,640
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic