Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Dabo is a great recruiter!"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

"Dabo is a great recruiter!"

Jul 4, 2013, 2:53 PM

He recruited every player on our Jr and RSJr heavy team before he went out and recruited assistant coaches to implement 'his,' styles of offense and defense.

I love Coach Morris and Coach Venables. I absolutely love what they've done and are about to do for (us) Clemson.

This concept that Dabo luckedup and stumbled like a drunk into finding these guys is devoid of logic. It's perpetuated by the sports media to try and insure that Clemson suffers if The Chad and Ballcrusher decide to take other jobs.

They wouldn't dare have told you that the foundation of Phillip Fulmer's accomplishments at UcheaT was Davie who now coaches at dook. That, although it's the truth, would have damaged one of their darling SEC teams.

We shouldn't lose sight of these factors when we consider our good fortune having Coaches M and V sharing some of Dabo's heavy lifting.

Give credit where credit is due. The evidence shows that Dabo didn't stumble into recruiting CJ, Sammy, and the rest of today's Clemson stars why not consider that he didn't stumble into his hires?

signed CT88 a
nonquackingtiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Dabo is a great recruiter!"

Jul 4, 2013, 3:06 PM

I completely agree. IMO, the only negative against him at
this point is his record against Spurrier - a good recuiter
in his own right and a great coach. If we start winning some of those matchups again - he will be golden. We
go 0-5 against them it might be a different story.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 3:12 PM

Morris and BV are calling the plays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The buck stops with Dabo. No ifs, ands o rbits.***

Jul 4, 2013, 3:23 PM

Speaking of orbits...

Jul 4, 2013, 3:27 PM

your pulse should be elevated by the point I gave you for telling it like it is!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Speaking of orbits...anyone seen Ralph Friedgen lately?***

Jul 4, 2013, 3:31 PM

Jul 4, 2013, 3:09 PM

We do still have some that still has no faith in Dabo. But they have very little faith in not much of anything in their lives. Dabo wrote this s c r i p t that most of us are praising now in what he said up front he wanted for Clemson in his beginning. My faith says this that is happening at Clemson right now will continue with Dabo the leader. Dabo's faith in himself is strong and also ambitious.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 3:19 PM

Yep, most of the dumpers that wanted Leach or Kippen are still nipping around Dabo's edges, trying not to draw much attention to themselves while still leaving marks on his image.

Not only were they wrong about Leach and Kippen they are also wrong about Dabo. I'm just about to the point to where I hope somebody offers The Chad a good job so that Dabo can prove himself by recruiting another coordinator to run this offense. Not quite but the back handed jabs make it tempting.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-07-03/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-2013-mack-brown-kirk-ferentz-bo-pelini

And the equally absurd "he's not an x's and o's guy" or

Jul 4, 2013, 3:30 PM

"he's not a good gameday coach". Just because he so obviously excels at recruiting (both players and assistants), some dumba$$es assume that's all he can do.

This football program is Dabo's, and it is the manifestation of his vision and leadership, good and bad. Every head coach has their own unique style, but ultimately if this program fails, Dabo deserves the blame; if it succeeds, Dabo deserves as much credit as any head coach.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

well its not "all he can do", he can manage a program as

Jul 4, 2013, 4:07 PM

evidence has shown.

However, evidence has also led ######### like me to see he was in fact NOT an X's and O's guy and when he got out of that business we started winning.

Re: well its not "all he can do", he can manage a program as

Jul 4, 2013, 4:12 PM

what "evidence" do you have? please share!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need a CEO, not an X and O's guy

Jul 4, 2013, 4:49 PM [ in reply to well its not "all he can do", he can manage a program as ]

Why are we even putting "X and O" and "Dabo" in the same sentence anymore?Who cares?

A lot of teams would improve with the addition of Chad

Jul 4, 2013, 6:21 PM [ in reply to well its not "all he can do", he can manage a program as ]

Morris. I'm not claiming that Dabo is on that level as a coordinator anyway, just that he may not be incompetent regarding x's and o's as many seem to assume.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The maturation of his recruits had nothing to do...

Jul 5, 2013, 9:14 AM [ in reply to well its not "all he can do", he can manage a program as ]

with that. Please ignore the fact that when he got someone who understood "Dabo's," offensive scheme he had less and less need to micromanage the offense.

This is about perspective. I was delighted that Dabo got a shot at HCing for us and some folks are just now learning that Leach and Kippen would not have led us to football heaven.

Why don't you guys say something nasty about Dabo I can agree with such as "Dabo when through some horrible growing pains his first few years at Clemson and we all suffered for the emotional ups and downs of our young team?"

Dabo summed it up when he was hired about Xs and Os

Jul 4, 2013, 7:32 PM [ in reply to And the equally absurd "he's not an x's and o's guy" or ]

it's football, not rocket science.

Meatheads act like it rocket science.

Jul 4, 2013, 3:48 PM

Since when is quackingtiger anti-dabo in recruiting?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just me, but i'd start with the quacking part.***

Jul 4, 2013, 5:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 11:13 PM

Dabo has gotten recruits and gotten great asst coaches and is a great CEO type coach

Anyone thinks he can call plays take a closer look at the ridiculousness of Dabo and Billy Napier on the sidelines making a mockery of calling a game. That was a nightmare.

There is nothing wrong with a CEO type coach. The only issue Dabo has is most of those guys started somewhere as a good coach. Bobby Bowden is the best known CEO coach. HE coached for years as asst, HC at a smaller school, Fla St, when they were nothing, etc.

It is new to see a young guy with little football knowledge (compared to typical D-1 football coaches) getting a HC job at a big school. Take Kliff Kingsbury, young guy, hot shot with NFL experience as well as coordinator for big program before getting big HC job.

It's not a knock on Dabo, it's just nothing most of the country has seen. Then combine his antics on national tv whether and you like him or not they do make some laugh across the country. he and Clemson will be fine but he will have to replace Morris soon with success comes regrouping and moving on

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 4, 2013, 11:17 PM

thanks for one of the most idiotic rants in awhile.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yall should act like its no big deal even though its so uncommon...btw

Jul 5, 2013, 1:19 AM

Little fluke run is over

What a DA statement from a hater

Jul 5, 2013, 1:23 AM

You jacka$$

I'm perfectly happy with Dabo as a CEO capable of

Jul 5, 2013, 8:04 AM

recruiting excellent staff. Thus, it doesn't matter to me whether or not he is an X's and O's coach, but that he recruits staff members who are...then motivates them to excellence. It doesn't matter an iota to me, also, how he recruited them...ONLY that he did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit..."

Jul 5, 2013, 9:34 AM

Sir, we need to be confident in all Dabo's football coaching skills not just his recruiting. I respectfully submit that perception is reality. If, or when The Chad moves on to a higher and better paying position the perception that he was the heart and soul of our offense will inhibit the continuation of the excellent recruiting we've done over the past several years.

While we previously landed great skill players like Nuk and CK the volume and quality of our last couple of classes of skill players is certainly due to the offensive scheme Dabo has put into place. These kids want to play in Dabo's system. The want to run 80+ offensive plays per game and they like the fact that we throw the ball to everyone.

IMO, if we continue to remain silent as those who choose to believe that our offensive coordinator is the heart and soul of our entire offensive system we will share their guilt of being one of the major reason we lose many fine recruits in the future.

Shall we remain silent knowing that the difference between the pumpers and dumpers is that the dumpers will be delighted to see Dabo fail in order to proclaim "I told you so?"

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic