Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is a drama queen.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,625

Dabo is a drama queen.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:16 AM

You can look for freshmen in the first quarter, substitutes at skilled positions so often no one gets into a rhythm and the most play calling that so obviously wrong he'll be accused of sabotage.

If you're not use to this behavior as typical for this time of the season you just ain't keeping up. How about everybody here just relax and let the season develop, let the youth on this team develop their confidence in the system, their team mates and themselves while the upperclassmen stretch their legs. Let all the kids have some fun and let us abandon the times when a team had to blow opponents up to move into position to get the better bowl games.

This is supposed to be fun, let the coaches and players have some fun too, guys. Heck, just remember the longer Dabo allows PJ to think he has a chance at winning the more crushed he is when the clock dials down to double zeros. If you'll consider this it will curl you toes when you watch PJ's face toward the end of the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what?***

Sep 22, 2018, 10:17 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is a drama queen.

Sep 22, 2018, 10:25 AM

What are you talking about? Put the game away then have fun. If you let a team hang around, you will get beat. See Syracuse last year. Pitt and NC State in 16’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you even college, bro?

Sep 22, 2018, 1:36 PM

People the age of our players always perform better under pressure. Remember those all nighters before the physics or chemistry exams?

You understand that making boys play under pressure is how you desensitize them to playing under pressure, right? Is that a new concept or just obvious?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 10:44 AM

I don't have a problem playing young players early in the game. I do have a problem with the play calling though. We've got probably the best set of RB's in the country. But when you try to run them through the same gap play after play, the defense gets wise to that pretty quick. We need to run more running plays than the zone read.

Our running game is based on two primary concepts

Sep 22, 2018, 12:02 PM

Primarily the zone read and inside zone. There may be a QB-Power from time to time or even an outside zone, but the inside zone is our bread and butter. Because of the way the IZ play works, the RB is responsible for choosing which specific gap to run through based on where the hole opens up. For this reason most of runs can sometimes look the same even though they have the possibility of being run anywhere from the A gap to the C gap to the side the play is called.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is a drama queen. ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Did-you-even-college-bro-24088225

What in the world ?? Oh, also, the fun is in the winning...

Sep 22, 2018, 10:51 AM

Dabo is a drama queen ? Don't think so.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 10:55 AM

Dabo doesn't know when and who to substitute in comparison to us. Remember last year when he had by far the best QB in the nation on the bench when we clearly have won it all had he played?

Sep 22, 2018, 1:40 PM

Tnet now has no meter so your post went unappreciated by the masses of johnny-come-lately morons that are trying to show what they know by second guessing a coach who built a mediocre program into a nationally respected powerhouse.

I always get off here during the game because of the idiocy that dominates this place when the clock is running.

Sep 22, 2018, 11:13 AM

I don't disagree with everything you said, but in the words of Herm Edwards, "You play to win the game." The goal isn't to inflict as much pain an heartbreak into the opponents and their fan base as possible. Instead, it's to win the game and the closer that the game is, the greater the chances of losing.

For the record, I trust Dabo completely based on his track record to put us in the best position to be successful over the course of the full season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing makes the taste of victory so sweet as...

Sep 22, 2018, 1:42 PM

a mouthful of the bitterness of defeat. The rhyme was incidental.

Sep 22, 2018, 1:54 PM

Agree with a number of your points … as for Dabo, I also believe as a long-time walk-on bench warmer himself at Bama, he is all about letting the benchwarmers in the game. Except if your name is Hunter Johnson who got no respect or PT from Dabo at game time. Now Dabo loves him some Chase Brice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,625
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic