Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Earned His Contract....He didn't get it on "potential"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 833

Dabo Earned His Contract....He didn't get it on "potential"

Jan 19, 2014, 8:19 AM

I am going to go out on a limb and say that it may have something to do with some things such as being ranked 46 consecutive weeks in the top 25, 2 Orange Bowl visits in the last three years with one OB win, an ACC title, finishing the last 2 seasons in the top 10, beating 2 top 10 teams in bowls the last 2 years…..I know it is a stretch…..Maybe winning league Championships and going to BCS Bowls are just a tad more important than a rivalry game…...

I am less concerned than a long contract like Paul Johnson’s or Tommy Bowden because Dabo earned every bit of this…..he took the job as an interim HC and in just five years has turned Clemson back into a national power similar to the 1980’s programs….

All the Coots have to hang their hat on is Clemson....That is it! Nothing more....Not significant trophies or titles....just 5th place rings and Clemson.....

Dabo had far less to with 5 years ago when he recruited only 12 players in his first class and was essentially selling "air" and look what he did.......We are fine. Dabo has grown into what it takes to be "The Clemson Head Coach".....it is a position that cannot necessarily be applied at other schools as Danny Ford Learned at Arkansas......Dabo knows the people, the politics and he can recruit.....We are fine

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

im all formhismlong contract and big raise

Jan 19, 2014, 8:27 AM

But as weve seen with other teams whove done this big buyout thing, its bit them in the butt. Uva cant even fire their coach right now bc of it. Aub had just won the nc and wouldve never thought theyd fire their coach 2 yrs later.

Dabo deserves alll his money but the buyout is crazy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: im all formhismlong contract and big raise

Jan 19, 2014, 8:39 AM

Exactly...I can certainly deal with the salary and think most others can too. The problem is this is a total lockdown of a coach who we don't know can produce without an elite offensive coordinator at his side. This is just a huge risk which is totally unnecessary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2015, 1:56 PM

Can any HC succeed without good Coordinators and their attending coaches? Dabo didn't think he could, and that is why he replaced his OC and his DC as the HC at Clemson. Cheezzz left, and I think he was replaced by a better secondary coach. Most people on here were only willing to give Dabo less time than they would have given a PROVEN HC. In the same amount of time a PROVEN HC would have been given, Dabo is 51/23. In the last 3 years, Dabo is 32/8. He is 1/1 in BCS bowl games. The last 3 bowl games, he loss to WV in a BCS bowl game, he won against LSU in Chic Bowl, and he won against OSU in BCS Bowl game, and he has won an ACC championship. I'm personally glad that no one else is after Dabo, and I'm happy that Dabo is still happy at Clemson. Chad Morris never played college FB, but he is being successful at coaching college FB. Dabo had never been a coordinator in college FB, but he has been pretty successful as a college HC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2014, 10:30 AM [ in reply to im all formhismlong contract and big raise ]

Bingo

Mike London didn't prove what Dabo had achieved***

Jan 19, 2014, 11:45 AM [ in reply to im all formhismlong contract and big raise ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Dabo Earned His Contract....He didn't get it on "potential"

Jan 19, 2014, 8:38 AM

I'm all in. Sure, I'd like a few wins against a particular school, but as far as representing Clemson on and off the phone, give the guy a diploma too. He's everything I would want in a "Clemson" man. Football is on the right track.

Re: Dabo Earned His Contract....He didn't get it on "potential"

Jan 19, 2014, 9:12 AM

Tell it all! Go DABO!

and if the coots win every year throughout the duration of

Jan 19, 2014, 11:50 AM

Dabos contract they will still be owned by Clemson in this great state...SOTC

Well said.

Jan 19, 2014, 1:28 PM

bump

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 833
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic