Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4's played great, but a pattern is forming with INTs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

DW4's played great, but a pattern is forming with INTs

Oct 17, 2017, 8:02 AM

I've watched every Texans game and he's been playing lights out especially for a rookie, but there is one obvious area that he's got to improve on to become the elite of the elite. He has a great TD/INT ratio right now at 3/1, but almost all his INTs/bad throws have come the exact same way. They've all come when he's been pushed out of the pocket and he's been forced to make throws while moving to his left. He would've had 2 INTs Sunday instead of one on that exact same play if not for a great play by Hopkins to bat the ball away from the defender. His picks vs the Titans and Patriots (not the Hail Mary) were all again that same way. Mostly, it's a combination of bad footwork and decision making in just that one area.

I'm sure as D-Coordinators get more film on him, more blitz and pressures will come from his right to force him to make those kind of throws rolling to his left. Coach O'Brien hinted that this is Watson's greatest opportunity for improvement going forward in yesterday's presser.

He's already terrorizing the league, but if he gets this corrected, look out!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4's played great, but a pattern is forming with INTs

Oct 17, 2017, 8:49 AM

Thanks for sharing your two cents, Brandon Streeter

Re: DW4's played great, but a pattern is forming with INTs

Oct 17, 2017, 8:50 AM

Not many QBs can claim to be as accurate when rolling to their weak side. In order to line up your body to make those throws requires a turn out to the sideline or a drop step exposing you to the rush. Neither of those puts you in the best situation to complete the pass unless you have plenty of time once out of the pocket. Sure he will improve in decision making when coverage is tight or deep in your territory, but with good field position the risk out weighs the reward and you would prefer him to complete some of those passes then not throw them at all.

null

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic