Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 and Texans upgrade
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,308

DW4 and Texans upgrade

Oct 23, 2017, 9:16 PM

After a 6 week holdout, the Texans Pro-Bowl left tackle, Duane Brown is finally back with the team. Soooo what does that mean for us tiger people? Basically, Deshaun now has someone that can finally protect him in the pocket without getting knocked down 74 times a game. So end result: Whenever Brown plays his first game DW4 passes for 400 yards and 4 TD's and practically wins rookie of the year right then. (Kareem Hunt who???) Thought yall would like to know that if you did not already know because I think we can all agree we love Deshaun Watson.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 and Texans upgrade

Oct 23, 2017, 9:21 PM

I thought I loved him once ...but the calls dried up and now we hardly even text .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 23, 2017, 10:39 PM

Good post. Having Duane Brown back will definitely help with Watson's protection and time in the pocket. I think he very well could end up with ROTY, for so many reasons, this is just an added bonus having pro bowl protection.

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Game speed is a completely different animal

Oct 23, 2017, 11:14 PM

I don't believe he will suit up cold six days out and make a huge impact. I hope I'm wrong

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Game speed is a completely different animal

Oct 23, 2017, 11:32 PM

You're right, and he has dealt with injuries. I read up on him this past summer after Watson was drafted, and I see what the below poster is saying, he is getting paid big league. He's a 3x pro bowler and 1x All pro. I hope that this guy comes in ready to play pro bowl ball, at least for Watson's long term success and protection.

Oct 23, 2017, 11:23 PM

The guy better be a steel curtain all by himself.

Six year, 53.4 million dollar contract and he's holding out, because screw his team, it's all about his money.

Absurd.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 24, 2017, 6:36 AM

football contracts mostly aren't guaranteed. If he looks around and sees other guys making more at his position, without his credentials, he's going to want to match that at least. And yes, he's getting paid millions, but even if you are making 7 million a year, you know the difference between that and 10 million a year.

Oct 24, 2017, 6:44 AM

A divorce?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am thinking Watson is the cause of this re-sign..

Oct 24, 2017, 7:30 AM

Brown was hoping the Texans would fall flat on their face without him and come begging with money to get him back, but with Watson, that didn't happen, so now the guy is coming back with his tail between his legs. Plus, after the Ostweiler games, he probably felt the team was going nowhere toward the Super Bowl, and he felt that he would have to settle for money instead of the big prize in his legacy. Now he sees a chance to be on a winner.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,308
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic