Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ Uiagalelei no show
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

DJ Uiagalelei no show

Oct 22, 2018, 12:39 AM

Heard Uiagalelei was not in Clemson this weekend due to him missing his flight after a high school game. Information about why he missed comes from a family member in this tweet:

https://twitter.com/mau_uiagalelei/status/1054189886498951168

(More info about that and how DJ feels about Clemson on the same page.)

The questions I have about this are 1. should we be worried about the no show given the information in the tweet? and 2. Does him missing the NC State game hurt our chances with him given it was most likely the last big home game on the schedule (give or take South Carolina).

We already have good talent but having a kid like that is (IMO) what could erase the Tua factor.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ Uiagalelei no show

Oct 22, 2018, 1:15 AM

Wouldn't read to much into this yet. This kid is high on Clemson and he did state he would be rescheduling. I know it'd of been great to have him there with that atmosphere against the puppies, but we should be like that with every game because you never know who's watching or standing on those sidelines.

He would be a great addition to this family!!!

Oct 22, 2018, 1:22 AM

Agree with that 100% and would make a stellar addition to this offense. I believe you are right and only time will tell but it almost feels like we wouldnt be able to give him the full dose now unless he comes for Scar.

Oct 22, 2018, 1:32 AM

LA traffic is the worst in my opinion. There are lots of reasons I would never live there, but that traffic is an immediate deal breaker, so the other reasons never really come into play.

I'm from LA

Oct 22, 2018, 1:38 AM

it's a good place to be from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm from LA

Oct 22, 2018, 11:14 AM

And away from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 22, 2018, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: DJ Uiagalelei no show ]

I think the Duke game, being Military Appreciation Day will also be a good game fir he and his Dad to visit. I would hope that our fans are packing the stadium every week and that game pageantry is special

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: DJ Uiagalelei will show

Oct 22, 2018, 6:06 AM [ in reply to Re: DJ Uiagalelei no show ]

I did some research on DJ. He is a quality student and speaks well. Whatever he says is the truth, and he likes what he has seen at Clemson. His family will also see what Clemson has to offer when they visit. If we are fortunate to have DJ attend Clemson and play football for the Tigers we will be getting one of the best student athletes in the country. Go Tigers!

Oct 22, 2018, 9:35 AM [ in reply to Re: DJ Uiagalelei no show ]

I always believe the comments made by members of this family, seem to be a class act all around. DJ would be a perfect fit at Clemson with his strong character. My biggest concern is the baseball check he will be offered at graduation. Will he resist the $ to get a good education first??

Oct 22, 2018, 10:55 AM

If he isn’t offered top round I would think he would come. Can he play football and baseball at Clemson, some have.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

No we should not be worried

Oct 22, 2018, 1:37 AM

about anything Clemson recruiting related. They got this. Worrying doesn't help you or Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2018, 4:02 AM

Hes already said he is attending the Duke game. No worries folks.

Tua factor? How would his commit affect "Tua factor"...

Oct 22, 2018, 5:52 AM

They, barring injury, probably would not be starting in the same seasons-Tua would be gone by the time DJ would possibly start.

Oct 22, 2018, 5:59 AM

The only negative is all of the remaining home games will be nooners due to our opponents suckage.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:56 AM

Hopefully the sc game is a night game. I understand the opponents played but come on only 1 game at night that was at A&M during the regular season. That’s not right and I think the Valley at night is something special to show the recruits. Would have definitely helped getting DJ there this weekend.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:21 AM

He had previously stated he and his father were going straight to the airport after his football game. I thought that'd be a hard thing to pull off but I think he's straight up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^this exactly! He was playing a high school game. Had to get from there to lax.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:27 AM

Who knows how much time he had but it is certainly a plausible story. No reason not to believe him and so what if he doesn’t come. Trevor is the one who makes Tua factor equalize. Like neal said worrying isn’t going to help. It was never super likely that he comes to east coast anyways. The fact that he is even interested says a lot. We will be fine.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:36 AM

Trevor Lawrence erases the Tua Factor . DJ-U would add to that erasure , and then there's little old Chase Brice over there who just comes in and drives the team down the field and throws TDs . Our offense is all set .
Also eliminating the Tua factor ? Our smothering , relentless defense . Regardless of what the SEC sycophants murmur incessantly into the TV , Alabama will not face a defense as good as Clemson's defense until they have the misfortune of facing it .
There's no single player that can beat us right now .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Alabama needs someone to erase the trevor Lawrence factor.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:02 AM

Tua is good but not good enough

Oct 22, 2018, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: DJ Uiagalelei no show ]

We just need to hope Dj doesn't somehow find his way into going to bammer. Hopefully tua doesn't start a trend of elite QBs going to sabans football factory

No need to worry, but....

Oct 22, 2018, 7:49 AM

If you’re a school competing for him, you’re thrilled he missed that game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

What exactly is 'the Tua factor'?

Oct 22, 2018, 7:53 AM

Throwing 4 verts to the best stable of WRs in the country against a conference that is used to heavy personnel?

Re: What exactly is 'the Tua factor'?

Oct 22, 2018, 8:49 AM

** 2nd best group of WRs in the country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

it's close, but I give the edge to Bama right now

Oct 22, 2018, 11:33 AM

Jeudy is the best receiver on either team to my eyes. He has been since HS. Tee is likely the second best, but take a peak at Jeudy's statline on the year. Henry Ruggs has a statline mirroring Tee's, but add in 3 more TDs. If we think that our true freshman Justyn Ross sets us apart, take a look at Jaylen Waddle averaging over 21 per catch. Devonta Smith has also made some big time catches you may recall.

Most don't see that.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to What exactly is 'the Tua factor'? ]

Every time there's a passing Offense in the SEC,UF(Slurrier/Meyer),A&M(Johnny Football),Auburn(Cam), they tear up those slow oversized LB's and short DB's in that conference up.

Re: Wouldn’t be

Oct 22, 2018, 7:56 AM

He isn’t lying either the sheer volume of cars out there is insane, I can believe this.

Re: Wouldn’t be

Oct 22, 2018, 7:56 AM

He isn’t lying either the sheer volume of cars out there is insane, I can believe this.

Oct 22, 2018, 7:58 AM

I was in LA 2 weeks ago. Flew out on Sunday afternoon. It took 40 minutes to go 2 miles from the rental car drop off to the terminal. There is a ton of construction and traffic was a nightmare. I’m sure it was way worse on a Friday night.

Oct 22, 2018, 8:19 AM

We already have a QB to balance "the Tua facor".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and to whoever is stalking his family to ask where he was...

Oct 22, 2018, 8:49 AM

not a good look.Let the kid breathe a little you weirdo.

I wouldn't worry about the everyday actions of

Oct 22, 2018, 10:03 AM

a high school kid. .unless it was my high school kid

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 22, 2018, 10:40 AM

"no show" seems a poor choice of words.. or maybe designed for hits. missing a flight that he tried to make is different than simply no showing.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good lawd.....

Oct 22, 2018, 10:45 AM

he missed his flight. He will be at the Duke game. Calm down, people.

Screw Calford.

It is called Interstate 405.

Oct 22, 2018, 10:55 AM

It is pretty much the only way to get to LAX coming from the north or south and it is almost always a parking lot around LAX.

He was coming from the south (Orange County). He would need to give himself 2+ hours at least to get from Orange County to LAX on a Friday evening to comfortably get to LAX, through security, and to his gate.

Sounds like he didn't have that kind of time after his game was completed.

Trying to get to LAX form anywhere outside LA is a nightmare.

Oct 22, 2018, 11:08 PM

I read into it that it was so important to him he tried to catch a red eye in LA after he played in a game. Just attempting to get here shows me tons. LA traffic plus airport security on a Friday night right after you just played a game, think about it, it would have been a miracle had he made it.

Oct 23, 2018, 5:00 AM

I live in LA and freeways are not terribly bad after 9:00 PM at night.Very manageable unless there is an accident on the freeway.

The kid plays at John Boscoe in Bellflower which, late at night is about an hour drive to LAX. However, his team was playing, I think in Rancho Santa Margarita which is SE Orange County. So add another half hour at least.

Now I drive to catch a late night flight from Orange County to LAX often and never have had problems with traffic. Usually get there in about 45 minutes. Of course I'm not coming from Ranch Santa Margarita. So realistically, he was looking at 1hr 30 minutes to get to LAX from the game stadium.

His game was at 7:00. I assume a high school game ends at around 10:00. He gets out of his pads, etc. gets to the car, you are probably looking at 10:30 at the latest. At that point, traffic wouldn't had been that bad. He just simply didn't give himself enough time to make his flight. He probably arrived to LAX around 11:45.

I read where the flight was into Atlanta so he most likely was trying to catch either the 10:40, 11:05 or 12:35 AM flight. Well no chance on the 10:40 or 11:05 flights. So must had been 12;35 flight.

Just too tough to do. I doubt traffic was the issue. More the lack of time, and then once at LAX, dealing with parking will add to it plus security. Although that late at night security isn't really that bad but still you have to factor in some time for sure but nothing more than 20 minutes.

Kid will be back at Clemson. No need to make anything more out of it. If he tries the same flight weekend of Duke and plays a game that night, he will most likely miss that flight as well. Best bet is to hope for a night game in the Valley and he takes a very early flight in the morning.

Oct 23, 2018, 6:03 AM

Tua will be in the NFL by the time DJ is contributing to a title run for us

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic