Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'Cuse has a simple plan---Gas'em
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,583

'Cuse has a simple plan---Gas'em

Sep 23, 2018, 7:45 PM

Gas'em, Gas'em, Gas'em. Those big defensive lineman are harmless when they're laying on the turf gasping for breath. No time for Coach V to call the defense cause the snap is too quick. Remember last year, our Dline was looking to the sideline for the call and 'Cuse was snapping the ball. Flashback to the 4th and 16 bowl game when we played LSU. Gas'em was our game plan back then. Hoping coach V has a unique defensive plan cause I think we may need one in this game. Remember, they held the ball the last 6 minutes of last years' game to seal the win. Our D just couldn't get the ball back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'Cuse has a simple plan---Gas'em

Sep 23, 2018, 7:56 PM

And last year we didn't have an experienced seasoned "QB" running our offense.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:20 PM

also missing seasoned place-kicker.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nobody is getting over on BV twice in a row***

Sep 23, 2018, 7:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 8:09 PM

Remember when Pitt used a shovel pass to beat us - ONCE. EVERY team that tries that now is shut down immediately, and they limp back to whence they came.

State did good against us with short passes

Sep 23, 2018, 8:12 PM

just beyond the rush, similar to what A&M was doing. Cuse will do the same thing

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'll get yours on Nov 24th. Till then, keep hoping that

Sep 23, 2018, 8:10 PM

other teams can do what yours cannot.

FIVE

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

'Cuse --Gas'em - Outside one on one's!

Sep 23, 2018, 8:26 PM

Everything you said; plus they liked their match up with our CB's. They simply looked for whoever was one on one and quickly threw to that WR. Once the DL got tired out they tried some runs. But, early in the game, tempo Nascar style. I only hope we cover better; get hands up early/often/bat some down! Not likely we get home on Dungey. If we do; he still has the ability to scramble and make something happen. Dangerous QB and team.

I look for the offense to put more pressure on them this year though. Be it TL or KB; I see the offense gashing the Cuse defense. What are they gonna do then? Keep running tempo and putting their tired defense on the field.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'Cuse --Gas'em - Outside one on one's!

Sep 23, 2018, 8:31 PM

This defense should be able to make reads and not look over at Venables for the play and get caught with their pants down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables Has Adapted Already Fellas/Ladies--check it out

Sep 23, 2018, 8:33 PM

. . . . . I noticed it right away in the 1st few games. You don't see the DL and basically the whole defense "looking over to the side for the call as much"! No doubt Cuse training! It was fairly obvious Cuse plan was to snap it before BV had a chance to see the formation. I think the LB's or Safeties have been tasked with getting everyone in the right defense based on what they have seen on film.
With Cuse' b/c they are playing so fast' you're only going to get so complicated on the play selection. The biggest thing is getting the guys lined up in time. Cuse knows they can't just line up and beat us. Just like we have a GT section of practice; I believe there has been a Cuse section; getting ready for their tempo!

Please, check the 1st few games vs this same time last year at how much less the players are looking over to the side. You can't let BV get a bead on what you are doing offensively and survive! Dungey and that WR playing out of their mind plus KB going down done us in L.Y. and we still had a chance after their best effort!

thats assuming the offense gets on the field. Their D

Sep 23, 2018, 9:22 PM

Has given up a pile of points to not o good teams. 42 to W mich? Beat Free shoes U? Big deal, Samford almost did that. Something tells me we score early and often.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USCjr played LSU in a bowl game? Remarkable.***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice pulse.***

Sep 23, 2018, 10:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 10:32 PM

Don't forget it was a Friday night game, which favors the home team, they can have a normal week. KB went down in the 2nd quarter, and it's not like they blew us out. We lost by a field goal. We didn't have our kicker and we lost by a field goal.

You counter them gassing us with ball control...

Sep 23, 2018, 10:39 PM

Our OL needs to show up and let's hand off 25 - 30 times this game to ETN and Feaster. Last year we had a short week to prep, and the lack of O didn't help anything.

Sep 23, 2018, 10:54 PM

You can't gas a team that is 2 deep at every position.

Sep 23, 2018, 11:10 PM

PetesPonies Very True! Out goes C. Ferrell in comes X. Thomas or KJ Henry to spell A. Bryant! Scary thought for a tired OL. The CB just have to jam them a bit to give the pass rush time to get home.

But, again, I think if you look back at the first 4 games you saw far less "check with me" at the sideline. Obviously someone on the field is putting everyone in position. When they try that this year we will be lined up at least! Big advantage to the Tigers!

Go Tigers! Beat the snot Orange out of Syracuse!

Sep 23, 2018, 11:07 PM

Yes remember that stupid fake punt?

Sep 23, 2018, 11:09 PM

Yes remember that stupid fake punt?

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,583
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive