Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curious..who’s sent a child to 2 Different Colleges & which one remained their fav?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Curious..who’s sent a child to 2 Different Colleges & which one remained their fav?

Feb 24, 2020, 5:40 PM

My Son graduated from Clemson & graduated next at UGa Law..

and even though he ”could” growl & bark at the same time, he prefers & supports Clemson 110% All-In..

but he does love his Uga experience, diploma, friends & beautiful Athens.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious..who’s sent a child to 2 Different Colleges & which one remained their fav?

Feb 24, 2020, 5:49 PM

Students rarely have strong feelings towards the teams of their graduate schools. I went to Clemson and am a huge Tigers fan. I could not care less how my law school's sports team does. I went to one game because I wanted to see the history of it but left after the first quarter. Part of that may be because their football team is terrible (my high school could likely beat them). But all my friends went on to get PhDs or professional degrees, and none of them care about the success of the athletics of their graduate schools. It's entirely an undergrad kind of thing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grad school over Undergrad?

Feb 24, 2020, 7:37 PM

I lot of people go to Duke for grad school and become huge Duke Basketball fans. I deplore that sort of move and the people who make it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grad school over Undergrad?

Feb 24, 2020, 11:45 PM

I'm one of those people... Clemson grad and a Tiger through and through, but as grad students at Duke, you get season tickets if you do a one weekend "campout" in the fall. Behind the nets on both ends are grad students. Along the floor opposite the bench are undergrad. Was there two years 2016-2017 season and 2017-2018 season. Its hard not to be a Duke b ball fan after seeing two UNC Duke games in Cameron. That arguably is the hardest ticket to get in all of sports. Cameron holds 6K fans. I was happy for Clemson beating Duke this year, but overall indifferent to the outcome.

I am excited to see how C Brice does next year leading the Bluedevils and I hope we play them in the ACCCG.

I am an IPTAY season ticket holder for 6 years with two seats in the upper deck. I bleed orange, but I have to say I became a Duke b ball fan when I was in grad school there. Campus isn't too bad either.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly...

Feb 24, 2020, 6:02 PM

over the years, I have heard people use a number of adjectives to describe Athens, Georgia but beautiful was never one of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Honestly...

Feb 24, 2020, 6:08 PM

I've never been to Athens but I wonder if it is as beautiful
as Columbia? Probably not but there is not many cities as
beautful and breath taking as the Capital City.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 7:46 PM

I've been here in cootlumbia for about 25 years, and raised in Sumter, but I haven't yet found that breathtaking part of cootlumbia!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 8:46 PM

lived there for 3 yrs while at ft. Jackson-a hardship tour,'72-'75.guys who went to 'nam have nothing on me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 25, 2020, 7:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Honestly... ]

You need to go to the zoo and then to Lake Murray.

Re: Curious..who’s sent a child to 2 Different Colleges & which one remained their fav?

Feb 24, 2020, 6:17 PM

Greece ? ;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 6:17 PM

speaking only for myself...as my handle implies, i went to CU undergrad and U. Florida for grad school.

Spent about the same amount of time at both, but was always and always will be a Tiger.

Fortunately these two teams don't ever seem to play each other, in much of any sport. I'd be pulling for CU 100% though.

That said I enjoyed Gainesville tremendously, met my Gator wife there, and my oldest is there now. it was great to experience a different atmosphere for grad school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 6:20 PM

I sent one daughter to the United States Air Force Academy, and then the Air Force sent her to Johns Hopkins. I'm not sure she has fond feelings about either, but she is proud of being an Academy Grad.

I sent my son to the University of Denver and then to the University of Miami. He preferred DU.

I went to Clemson, then the Air Force Institute of Technology, then to Utah State University. And I taught at USAFA. Still emotionally attached to Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 6:35 PM

son with BA degree from Clemson and MA from USC. He enjoyed both but when they square off in athletic competition, he wears Orange every time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 7:14 PM

Nothing wrong with that Bill, at least he has a good education that will allow him to give his family a good life. Tech school is all I was smart enough to attend and afford, and that training didn't help me to get rich. I preach college education to any young person that will listen, and the most important thing I say to them, once they rush themselves into having a family, there won't be any chances of going to college unless they marry a rich spouse, and as a man I just couldn't feel good about living on a woman's money doing what I should have done when I graduated HS, and was to go straight to a good accredited college to be well educated!!! Good for your Son for doing the right things!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 7:25 PM

I had one son who went to and graduated from Clemson. I had one daughter, who broke my heart by going to Winthrop, but after a year regained her senses and transferred to Clemson where she got her degree.
Two great kids, now adults.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:19 PM

I went to and graduated with a Occupational Associates Degree from UTI- Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix AZ. When I went to school there, it was rated the best Tech School in the US of it kind, and it has grown a bunch since my time there.

https://www.uti.edu/epa-test/about

I was Die hard Clemson before I went to Phoenix, and I have never pulled for ASU or U of A, and I wore my Clemson Gear proudly the 3 years I went to school and lived in Phoenix, AZ!!! Once that Clemson orange gets in your blood, there isn't a chance of it ever coming out, it's there for life!!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 8:22 PM

I sent a son to Clemson and a daughter to USC. I love my daughter but my son is much more successful. Image that.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:34 PM

I got my undergrad from Mich Tech Univ. (- 300 inches of snow a year), MS in Mech Eng at Clemson. Ever since I bleed orange way up here in Michigan. Now my daughter just started at Clemson this fall. We raised her that way.

Oldest heading to Clemson this fall....the next

Feb 24, 2020, 9:34 PM

one says he is dead set on The Citadel. I will be equally......extremely proud of both. Fortunately I will be able to pull for both teams in football as well.....but NOTHING trumps my tigers.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Feb 25, 2020, 5:15 AM

Clemson 1967 BS, Iowa State U,1969 MS,The Citadel,2009 MA. Enjoyed
it all for the experience, but the heart was never anywhere but CU.

Feb 25, 2020, 8:38 AM

Can't speak to kids but I personally attended 6 different schools as an undergraduate and more than that as a grad student. I graduated from Winthrop but am a Clemson fan because I attended there as a bride (lived in the lovely prefabs) and my husband and daughter are both Clemson grads.

Feb 25, 2020, 10:42 AM

I had the same combination. i loved my graduate level education at UGA, but i am a Tiger through and through.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic