Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curious for y'all's input...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Curious for y'all's input...

Apr 17, 2018, 9:30 PM

So as much as I love and care about football, I'm not going to pretend that I can evaluate talent and know when a guy has the "it" factor or not... But anyway, my son plays on a team with this kid named Jonas who is just head and shoulders above everyone else on the team and pretty much the whole conference as a FRESHMAN. The kid is a freak athlete and has a desire to win like no one I've ever seen. He's already been guaranteed an offer from UVA but he told me he wants to play somewhere bigger "like Clemson." Here's his freshman highlight video. From what y'all see there, do you think the kid has any change to play at Clemson?

http://www.hudl.com/profile/7967076/Jonas-Sanker

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is he should come to Clemson's summer camp

Apr 17, 2018, 9:45 PM

and go all out ... see where it leads. Kid's only in 9th grade and it's not too early to make a name a name for himself. You never know until you try. He should go for it. And good luck to him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious for y'all's input...

Apr 17, 2018, 9:54 PM

I coached a couple of D1 scholarship kids as freshman and he looks the part on this film. What talent level is he playing against and how is his work ethic off the field? Those determine A LOT. We had a RB that was getting letters from D1 schools all over the country about coming in recruiting visits but he was lazy in the weight room and classroom. Now he is doing nothing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2018, 10:03 PM

LemonTiger
He plays for a private Christian school in the central Virginia area. The talent is pretty up and down. They play some cupcakes but also play some schools like Blue Ridge which is basically a D1 recruiting boarding school.

To be honest, his work ethic is dependent on the talent around him. If he is the best out there, he won't be as driven to put in the extra work. But if he sees other people that are better than him he will do whatever it takes to surpass them. Like I said, the kid's desire to win is second to none. He HATES losing and will do whatever he can to be the best on the field and to make sure that doesn't happen. So I imagine he'll do whatever he can to get to Clemson.

Apr 17, 2018, 9:55 PM

I'm thinking you best remember that only coaches may have contact with a prospect. Keep talking to the kid about his choice of schools and he may never be able to sniff a Clemson offer, no matter how good he is.

Apr 17, 2018, 10:04 PM

Brownie
As a friend of his and his family, I doubt me talking to him about where he wants to go to school is any issue... But I'll keep that in mind.

Apr 17, 2018, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Curious for y'all's input... ]

I’m genuinely curious, could that really be considered a violation? Reporters constantly talk to prospects about college choices.

Apr 18, 2018, 7:17 AM

If the ncaa considers you a representative (i think they use another term) of the school, and that includes a fan, it may be a violation. HOWEVER, if you have a prior relationship with the kid, it may not. You should check with the compliance office.

Apr 18, 2018, 11:31 AM

If that's true, that's absurd ha. I'll look into it though.

Apr 17, 2018, 9:59 PM

Dude seems to have a solid frame and being only in 9th grade, will only get better. Looks quick and strong.
Kid kind of reminds me of a Wayne Gallman type and I don’t see any glaring weaknesses (granted it is highlight tape) to why he couldn’t play big boy football.

If he gets 6ft1/2ish or so, safety maybe the path. Do you know how tall/weight he is?

**just my opinion, by no means a talent evaluator, but I did stay in a holiday inn last night**

not sure , but I think you

Apr 17, 2018, 10:20 PM

just committed a recruiting violation haha

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2018, 10:26 PM

FWIW, I think he he's a player. He has size, speed, good hands, can high point the ball and is aggressive. As you said, he's a competitor and doesn't want to lose. I can see him being a dominant WR or DB at the CFB level.

As already said, he needs to work hard and come to Clemson's camp. If hes willing to work, he should see an offer from a lot of schools.... and quite possibly one from us.

Apr 18, 2018, 12:51 AM

Depends on a lot of factors, will he keep growing or did he just develop younger more quickly. If he continues to grow and develop this kid looks like he’s got a good shot and an offer from UVA as a freshman is nothing to scoff at. I’ve seen a lot of talented kids lose offers from grades also so he has to keep grinding in every aspect

Apr 18, 2018, 7:38 AM

Mrs. Sanker , that you ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic