Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks

Dec 18, 2015, 9:08 PM

And they were louder

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well... they were winning.***

Dec 18, 2015, 9:08 PM

they haven't had any opportunity to be happy in a long time

Dec 18, 2015, 9:11 PM

who can blame them?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Respectfully - As an avid Clemson B-ball fan, it's hard ...

Dec 18, 2015, 9:19 PM

to watch the recent teams under the current coach.

I like some of the players a lot - JB in particular.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: True.***

Dec 18, 2015, 9:20 PM

Re: Respectfully - As an avid Clemson B-ball fan, it's hard ...

Dec 18, 2015, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Respectfully - As an avid Clemson B-ball fan, it's hard ... ]

I like JB but last game he let Bama make him basically a nonfactor. He is the leader. He cant do that. He has to find a way to impact the game every time out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kind of like Billy Brice was close to 50% Clemson fans

Dec 18, 2015, 9:29 PM

Football dwarfs all other sports combined. Let them have their little moment. They can then go back to bashing Dabo and praising "Boom" Where the hell does that nickname even come from? Seems to suit that bunch well though.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

To be fair....there were an AWFUL lot of Orange

Dec 18, 2015, 9:39 PM

In the s#!++er about two weeks ago.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks

Dec 18, 2015, 9:42 PM

The entire state is 75% Coot faithful , so it makes sense that on a neutral floor they mug up in there in big numbers .
Yes , its a shame .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 19, 2015, 12:02 AM

You need to redo math. It's 50-50.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:20 PM

> And they were louder

####, just ####!

Dec 18, 2015, 10:29 PM

Yep, and our fans that live close enough to be at the game want go. They sit on their A$SES at home with the arena just a few miles away and talk sh!t while our opponents fans are blowing out what few solid orange fans we have at the game. All that it takes to be a solid orange fan, is to go and make your voice heard while supporting our team that is playing a few blocks or a hour down the road. When you see bull sh!t like tonight's fan support, it proves that our Clemson fans are just fans to Clemson football, and screw the other Clemson sports. Our FB fans will drive for hours to fill DV with 83 thousand fans for a Wofford and Appalachian state FB game, and won't drive just an hour or and hour and a half to fill a 15 thousand seat basketball arena. And 15 thousand screaming Tiger fans would have made up for the 6 points our team lost to the coots by. And I'm sure there are more than enough Clemson fans in a hour and a half radius around the arena to pack it with 15 thousand Clemson fans. If you want a good basketball team, support the one we have, and it will become a very good team. Our FB team wouldn't have the talent we have with just 30 thousand fans in the stands supporting our FB program. Their favorite color could be orange, their favorite college could be Clemson, and their favorite Head Coach could be Dabo. But without the fan support that packs DV, the talent wouldn't come to play at Clemson. Support the basketball and baseball teams the way we support our FB team, and we will have our three major sports in the top 20 in the country with all three!!! If you're not going to support them, don't pisss and moan while b!tching about Brad and the team, bc we as fans aren't doing a ### thing to help. We are just embarrassing the H&ll out of them when they look around and barely see any orange in the stands supporting them!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 10:35 PM

Exactly, I was there and, at times, was the only fan cheering when we did something right in the first half. If you're NOT a true Tiger basketball fan then you are just a front running football fan and not a true Clemson sports fan. We need a new coach but with no concern nor passion from our fan base, why would that happen? Those on here who whine about our basketball program couldn't dribble a ball nor set a screen. The lifeless fans who let USuc take away or home court are DEFINITELY part of the problem. Definitely!!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 11:31 PM

Question for everyone bashing fans not attending... first off I didn't realize that fans being there controlled how many shots we make or how many free throws we miss but if that's the scape goat there are other issues we can talk about later ....second I'm a die hard clemson fan in everything....I think soccer is the dumbest thing and hardest thing to watch ever (my opinion and I'm entitled to that) but I didn't go huntin last weekend just to check them out in the title game....my point is this basketball program sucks and it's simple...brownell is not going to get it done here, I mean honestly has it gotten any better since he took it over...his best year was the tourney team with Purnells players lol...the guy can't recruit and it shows...6 years is enough so I'm tired of hearing all the bashing on the fans....win some D@MN games and more will come it's very simple...I think after these last few years of the same crap ppl are fed up and they should be...basketball program both men's and women's is almost embarrassing and I'm tired of the excuses we can win in both at clemson...we have before...just gotta have the right guy leading

Dec 18, 2015, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks ]

Yes, these folks on here bellyaching and saying "who cares, it's only football" are the same lazy folks criticizing a sport they couldn't care less about. Tonight was a HUGE STAIN on our athletic program. I saw someone saying "I don't have money to support them." That's idiotic, you can get a good seat for about what you could feed your family breakfast for. Get real guys.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks ]

Another cry from the lazy and dumpy crowd, we are a FOOTBALL SCHOOL. Wonder how Michigan State would respond to that or Wisconsin? You guys do not get it or you just do not want it!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 10:49 PM

We ARE a football school , that's a plain fact . Always have been .
Personally, I support all of Clemson's athletic endeavors , in spirit and from the wallet ...but it isn't a cop-out to call Clemson a football school , because we are just that .
It's the only money maker in town .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 18, 2015, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks ]

Another cry from the lazy and dumpy crowd, we are a FOOTBALL SCHOOL. Wonder how Michigan State would respond to that or Wisconsin? You guys do not get it or you just do not want it!!!

What?

Dec 18, 2015, 10:47 PM

You just listen the two worst possible examples. Both those schools are solid in both sports

Dec 18, 2015, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks ]

The team has quit 3 of the last 4 years. It's hard for fans to want to support a team who quits year after year. They will move on, and seem to have done so.

More accurate: 1/3 Clemson 1/3 uscc 1/3 empty seats.***

Dec 18, 2015, 10:45 PM

nm

uh no. It was about 80-90% full***

Dec 18, 2015, 10:46 PM

Dec 18, 2015, 10:48 PM

This was on our bandwagon fanbase tonight not only did we get invaded we got invaded by our rival. I'm sure that got our players really exited to play.

Dec 18, 2015, 10:51 PM

Did you see the Clemson orange inside of the Roach last month ?
It works both ways . Fans show up and support the players when there is a reason to be excited about it .
Right now , Tiger basketball is just not fun to watch .

DB23

Dec 18, 2015, 10:57 PM

They should have our support even if we were the sh!tiest BB program in the country. They study and play at the very same University as the FB players go to!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 11:01 PM

On point ????

Dec 18, 2015, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Crowd was 50-60 % gamecocks ]

Completely agree . Not certain more people do than don't, agree that is .
I am at work in NYC . I live in Charleston . It's almost impossible for me to get to basketball games in the upstate at all , but I do send them fundage and my best wishes for every outing .
Clemson hoops will turn around , not sure when but I feel like the administration would like to see more success from our 2nd biggest athletic venture .

DB23

I'd say 60-40 Clemson, they were much louder though

Dec 18, 2015, 11:13 PM

Of course they had more to cheer about. Clemson fans finally got loud towards the end, really a pretty nice atmosphere considering not littlejohn

ALL IN!!

And your point is?

Dec 18, 2015, 11:47 PM

We suck. Brad is Aweful. . In my 58 years our BBall has not been worse.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic