Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Craziest season in college basketball this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Craziest season in college basketball this year

Feb 23, 2019, 8:50 AM

I think that award goes to Prairie View A&M of the SWAC.

After starting the season with a win on the road at Santa Clara, they lost their next 11 games (all on the road.)

Their first home game came against NAIA D-1 member Huston-Tillotson University which they won 81-65. That ended their OOC schedule at 2-11.

They opened conference play on a 9-game winning streak and currently sit atop the SWAC at 11-1.

They are 13-12 overall and 6-0 at home. They have played more road games than any other team in D-1 basketball so far.

Talk about a tale of two seasons.

An honorable mention goes to Chicago St. At 3-24, they are in a 3-way tie for least amount of wins and a 2-way tie for most losses in D-1. They are 0-12 in the WAC and 0-18 on the road. They are losing games by an average of 28 points.

But, enough about the negative. Let's talk about their 3-game winning streak that came in the middle of their OOC schedule.

They began that streak with a commanding 23-point victory over the Phantoms of East-West University. The Phantoms are not a member of the NCAA or NAIA but they compete in the USCAA (United States Collegiate Athletic Association.) Who knew that was a thing??

I couldn't find out if the Phantoms compete in D-1 or D-2 of the USCAA b/c their athletic's website doesn't work, though ESPN has their whole roster listed on their page for them. Either way, great win for the Chicago St. Cougars.

The Cougs followed that up with an impressive 8-point win over Eastern Illinois (14-14).

Then, they capped off their 3-game winning streak with an exciting 84-82 victory over Trinity Christian College. TCC list the game as an exhibition game on their schedule, but if Chicago St. wants to count it, I'm counting it!

TCC competes in both the NAIA D-2 and the NCCAA (National Christian Collegiate Athletic Association.) As a side note, I had never heard of the NCCAA, but I guess I should have b/c their headquarters are in Greenville and both Greenville U. and Erskine compete in it.

Anyway, at the end of the year TCC has the opportunity to compete for both the NAIA D-2 and NCCAA national championships. Pretty cool, but not even close to the coolest thing about the school. They have the greatest nickname in sports....The Trolls!

Ahhh...finally got to it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know everyone has been waiting for an update

Feb 23, 2019, 8:14 PM

Prairie View won again; Chicago St lost by 20; and the Trolls are waiting for postseason play.

Since you mentioned the NCCAA and it's in Greenville, SC

Feb 23, 2019, 9:29 PM

then you mentioned Greenville U., I got a little
confused. I had never heard of Greenville University
so I looked it up; it's in Greenville, Illinois.

Apparently there's a Greenville in 34 states and it's
one of the most common city/town names in the country.

https://us.geotargit.com/citiespercountry.php?qcountry_code=US&qcity=Greenville

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he was referring to North Greenville University?

Feb 23, 2019, 9:49 PM

They were formerly North Greenville College. I don't know which league/division they are in though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oops! I meant North Greenville. Bob Jones is also in the NCCAA***

Feb 24, 2019, 10:27 AM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic