Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Could Tyshon Dye be
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Could Tyshon Dye be

Aug 2, 2013, 11:17 AM

the Gurley we missed on last year? He looks the part,could be special.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All depends on how his ankle healed***

Aug 2, 2013, 11:20 AM

Re: Could Tyshon Dye be

Aug 2, 2013, 11:31 AM

I think Dye is the Best RB we have but he is No Gurley. Gurley is a better ath and has elite speed. Gurley was the Nation Champion in the 110 hurdles. He is a legit low 4.3 maybe 4.2 guy Dye is a 4.5 guy at best. However a 4.5 guy at 220 with quickness he has is still really good.

Gurley is not a 4.2

Aug 2, 2013, 11:35 AM

Not even 4.3 at his weight of 230 lbs

Re: Gurley is not a 4.2

Aug 2, 2013, 11:46 AM

He is 220 and No way he doesn't run in the 4.3s at the combine. He was the fastest Hurdler in the country his senior year. He has elite speed prob faster than Sammy. I took losing him harder then any other recruit. He is an Adrian Petterson type talent.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/sports/high-schools/tarboros-gurley-runs-worlds-best-575251

Aug 2, 2013, 11:53 AM

According to this he's 226 and runs a 4.43

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=123268&draftyear=2016&genpos=RB

Aug 2, 2013, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Gurley is not a 4.2 ]

Gurley is 1) not a 4.2 or 4.3 runner 2) Gurley will run in the 4.4's at the combine 3) NO way in hell he is faster than sammy

Gurley does have good speed for a RB his size BUT

Aug 2, 2013, 12:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Gurley is not a 4.2 ]

no way is he faster than Sammy. Sammy is the 4.2's legit. Gurley is maybe 4.37ish. Which is nothing to sneeze at.

HAHAHA, just stop right there***

Aug 2, 2013, 12:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Gurley is not a 4.2 ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hand timing will make you fast like lightning. ***

Aug 2, 2013, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Gurley is not a 4.2 ]

nm

he was 210 in HS...

Aug 2, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Could Tyshon Dye be ]

doubt he runs anywhere near as fast as he did 25 pounds ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2013, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Could Tyshon Dye be ]

According to milesplit.com, Todd Gurley's fastest 100 meter dash time in high school was 10.70 his junior year (he didn't get under 11 seconds as a senior).

Tyshon Dye's fastest 100 meter time was run as a senior and was 10.84, only .14 seconds slower.

Dye didn't participate in the 110 hurdles, so I can't compare their hurdle times, but in terms of pure speed there isn't a big difference at all.

Aug 2, 2013, 11:54 AM

Sorry but your talking Laser times to Hand times. Gurley was the Best in the Nation. Dye won some meets here and there. I'm not trying to dis Dye I think he is an NFL type talent. But there is a reason Gurley is hands Down the best Rb in the country right now. He has basically keep Marshall on the bench. If Marshall had come to Clemson We would be talking about him being one of the best very at Clemson right now.

Gurley's 10.84 was at a region final

Aug 2, 2013, 12:13 PM

which was timed by a professional timing service, so no, we're not talking hand-times. http://ga.milesplit.com/meets/119973-region-8-aaa-championships#.UfvY-JLVAsc

Gurley was the best HURDLER in the nation, which is a fantastic accomplishment, but jumping every third step is not an effective running style for a football player.

I'm not saying Dye will be as good as Gurley, but he's got similar measurables so the potential in that regard is certainly there.

Re: Re: Could Tyshon Dye be

Aug 2, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Could Tyshon Dye be ]

Todd Gurley has never ran a 4.2 40 my man. In fact I can't think of a single running back in college or the nfl that runs a sub 4.3.

Dye is going to surprise some people....

Aug 2, 2013, 12:02 PM

for some reason i feel like the coaches may try to keep him a little under wraps until that first game. In other words dont let how good he is doing get out in the media. Then come gametime they will try to let him loose and use his size to hopefully break some tackles and bust a few big runs. He is very shifty and has good acceleration and top end speed from what i have seen in his highlights for a player his size. I think we are all going to get surprised on Aug. 31

It sure would surprise me.............

Aug 2, 2013, 12:14 PM

because Morris is not Bowden and I WOULD be surprised if a freshman rb touched the ball in a game of that magnitude. If he does...........he's REALLY special and I trust the coaches. I'd just be....surprised!

If he's good enough he should get the snaps he deserves

Aug 2, 2013, 12:19 PM

what if Morris and Dabo didn't let Sammy get the ball as much as he did against Auburn in 2011 as a true freshmen? We probably lose that game by 2 TD's.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Please read my post...............

Aug 2, 2013, 12:31 PM

I said I'd be SURPRISED in response to a post. I also said that I trusted the coaches, but I'd be surprised, especially after the Harper incident.

I feel if he is good enough to play he will play.....

Aug 2, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to It sure would surprise me............. ]

Outside of Hot Rod there as the starter there isnt another running back right now that has come up and staked a claim for reps. If he does as good in august camp as he did in 7 on 7 drills this summer he will get the playing time he deserves

All depends on if he can learn the play book and pass block

Aug 2, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Dye is going to surprise some people.... ]

The kid has unbelievable talent, but he has got to learn to do all of the other things a RB on this level does...block, read blitzes, learn a large playbook.

Tyshon had an offense in HS based on 5-6 plays. His vision and talent took over from there. He reminds me a lot of Demetrius Summers from his highlight tapes; I obviously hope his career turns out much better.

Gurley is almost unfair

Aug 2, 2013, 2:37 PM

He is easily the best RB in the country and it's not even close.

I would not compare a FR RB to him in any way.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So guys like TJ Yeldon and De'Anthony Thomas don't exist?***

Aug 2, 2013, 2:54 PM

Gurley is a true sophmore. So comparing him to a Frosh

Aug 2, 2013, 3:21 PM [ in reply to Gurley is almost unfair ]

is completely reasonable.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I really like Zac Brooks

Aug 2, 2013, 3:25 PM

I am interested to see what he can do this year also. I think he could possibly end up being a special RB.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic