Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cop Issues at Tailgate
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Cop Issues at Tailgate

Nov 12, 2012, 10:33 AM

No issues this past weekend. 3 Cops stopped by, we gave them some donuts. They seem to like donuts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cop Issues at Tailgate

Nov 12, 2012, 10:46 AM

"You can't have a police state without aggressive taxation."
-@iowahawk

Suppose you return to your car after the game,

Nov 12, 2012, 11:58 AM

and find your car had been broken into or vandalized.
Probably one of these donut stuffers would be called to assist you.
Lighten up on law enforcement officers. Most do a d@mn good job.

Re: Suppose you return to your car after the game,

Nov 12, 2012, 12:17 PM

And by most you mean about 15%.

Or 1.5....***

Nov 12, 2012, 12:50 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Suppose you return to your car after the game,

Nov 12, 2012, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Suppose you return to your car after the game, ]

most dont.

They very well may be, but I've honestly never in my life

Nov 12, 2012, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Suppose you return to your car after the game, ]

had a police officer, "serve or protect" me. I basically pay my taxes, to pay police officers, to write me a ticket, to tell me somehow me speeding or not wearing a seat belt should earn the city/state more of my money. Hopefully I will never need a cop, but if I do, and they show up in time to deter my emergency , I will be grateful.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They very well may be, but I've honestly never in my life

Nov 12, 2012, 12:54 PM

You realize that by writing tickets for speeding those officers are "serving and protecting" you by making the roads safer?

Nov 12, 2012, 4:45 PM

If someone came up to your front door and asked you for $500 and said they would keep your family safe for the entire year, would you give it them?

That's about how writing speeding tickets works.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2012, 12:58 PM [ in reply to They very well may be, but I've honestly never in my life ]

writing you a speeding ticket serves and protects me by helping to keep the roads safer when I drive my kids around

Re: They very well may be, but I've honestly never in my lie

Nov 13, 2012, 4:02 PM

Well I'm glad they make you feel safer, but I still get passed by people at 25+ the limit, cut-off, using no signal to change lanes, slow in the left hand lane on the phone (my personal favorite), and many other violations more times than I see people getting caught for it. Yes, I understand they can't be everywhere, and just knowing they're there acts as a deturent TO SOME. All I'm saying is I'd rather they write me a ticket and use it to fix one of the 14 million pot-holes I swerved to miss in Greenville that I got pulled over for, not act like me handing over more money automatically makes it safe. I know taxes and maybe percentages of tickets go to road construction, but put more of the money and IMO you'd honestly make the road safer for our families. JMO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Cops won't do anything...No money in it...I've had

Nov 12, 2012, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Suppose you return to your car after the game, ]

break ins...They just show up, shrug, and tell you what you should have done after the fact...

Re: The Cops won't do anything...No money in it...I've had

Nov 12, 2012, 1:06 PM

That's because there's not much they can do except point out those things so you can better protect yourself in the future. Besides most victims of break-ins expect the police to dedicate to catch the person who stole your 42" tv and put them in prison, which is irrational.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:09 PM

A gun and a mean/well-trained dog will do more for you than any cop ever will.

"A gun and a mean/well-trained dog will do more for you

Nov 12, 2012, 1:13 PM

than any cop ever will".

Also my strategy except it's a gun and 3 mean/well trained dogs.

Nov 12, 2012, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The Cops won't do anything...No money in it...I've had ]

I heard one cop call a student / kid a ###! Idiot this weekend at the train trestle underpass intersection. The cop was flashing his blinking flashlight to stop him and he did stop, just a little late, but it was hard to see the cop in the middle of the intersection, so IMO it was totally uncalled for. He also yelled at another motorist while I was waiting. IMO I would say he was totally out of control for a law enforcement guy!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's irrational to expect cops to solve crimes? I had two

Nov 12, 2012, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The Cops won't do anything...No money in it...I've had ]

handguns stolen from my Grandmother's house by some kids in the next subdivision. The "investigating" officer was more interested in trying to purchase the remaining guns, at a reduced rate, than he was about returning the stolen ones...His advice was for me to hope that the guns would be used in a crime and I could get them back after the trial...

Get them back?!

Nov 12, 2012, 4:54 PM

Yeah right! If a gun is involved in a crime that sucker is melted down and destroyed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Yep, that's the problem with government-provided

Nov 12, 2012, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: The Cops won't do anything...No money in it...I've had ]

security. They have no liability and no motivation to pursue justice, so they do just enough to cover their arses, and of course they do a lot of revenue generation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, that's the problem with government-provided

Nov 12, 2012, 4:54 PM

Anything.

amen, brotha!***

Nov 12, 2012, 5:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 Run ins with cops in the Clemson area

Nov 12, 2012, 4:34 PM

1. Sophomore year we were having a house party for the first game (Citadel). A cop came to the door and demanded we let him in, we told him to come back with a warrant. When we left for the game 2 hours later he was waiting for us and tried to give my friends a noise violation for the party, on game day, with no complaints. It was thrown out.

2. Senior year, my wife was driving my car. She came to the intersection in between Tillman and the History building. The other side of the road was blocked off, so there was no traffic issue, she did a rolling stop, and got pulled over for running a stop sign, even though the stop sign was, and had not been serving a purpose for several months.

3. In Central, sitting in my apartment minding my own buisnes a few days after having hernia surgery. The cops knock on my door, I open it and they pull me out at gun point, hand cuff me, bend me over the railing, and storm into my apartment yelling about a gun. I don't own a gun, so I was a little highly confused, and shooting blood out of my incision, which was split wide open by this point. Turns out they not only had the wrong apartment, but they had some crazy dude on a coke binge (name redacted but he is well known in Clemson circles) was saying that people were shooting at him. Instead of realizing the guy was nuts, they started pulling people out of our apartments at gun point.

So, needless to say, I love everything about Clemson, except for the cops.

Re: 3 Run ins with cops in the Clemson area

Nov 12, 2012, 4:37 PM

Jeeze, I would've done everything in my power to press charges on that third one.

I got some interesting legal advice

Nov 12, 2012, 4:40 PM

I could have sued, and I could have won, however, it would be in the courts for a few years, and in the meantime, any money I would have potentially gained would be taken by speeding tickets, stop sign violations, and any other violation they could find.

It's not just Clemson. Google "it's a no knock raid"***

Nov 12, 2012, 4:43 PM [ in reply to 3 Run ins with cops in the Clemson area ]

No, they knocked

Nov 12, 2012, 4:47 PM

I wasn't doing anything wrong, didn't expect to open the door and have a flashlight in my face and a gun pointed at my chest.

I just wanted to illustrate what's going on in this country

Nov 12, 2012, 4:49 PM

with police raids. They've gotten worse since your incident.

The third one is Central. Those cops are worse.***

Nov 12, 2012, 4:50 PM [ in reply to 3 Run ins with cops in the Clemson area ]

I know, that's why I said Clemson area

Nov 12, 2012, 4:52 PM

They were less than friendly when I went to the station to file a complaint. They basically said that what they did was legal and I was making a big deal out of it.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic