»
Topic: Cootvegas be like
Replies: 88   Last Post: Sep 20, 2017 12:46 PM by: Ridgeland Booster
[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 88   Pages: 1  

Cootvegas be like

[17]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:52 PM
    Reply
image.jpg(146.5 K)

I can't believe we lost to Kentucky for the fourth time in a row.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:55 PM
    Reply

You ought to be a 'coot' fan because you even have Coot in your screenname and it is basically the only thing you talk about. I don't think about SC other than during the 1 game a year Clemson plays them.

Don't think any SC fan could come up with screenname ClemVegas. I think I coined the term.


this be like***

[22]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:58 PM
    Reply





I'm actually equal parts cynicism and apathy. I'm always willing to believe the worst as long as it doesn't take too much effort.


Response be like

[5]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 2:59 PM
    Reply




Re: Cootvegas be like

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:00 PM
    Reply

Coined the term? That sounds right since it doesn't make sense.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:07 PM
    Reply

Where have you seen the term ClemVegas used? I have never seen it.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:15 PM
    Reply

Smh, it wasn't a question to you, it was rhetorical.


More like

[10]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:00 PM
    Reply




Re: Cootvegas be like

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:01 PM
    Reply

I think Clemson is not a historically elite program, but striving to be so.

I think Carolina is not a historically elite program and are as lost as an easter egg in finding their way out of mediocrity.

Your opinion?


Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®



Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:06 PM
    Reply

my point is I don't care about Carolina, you guys are obsessed with it so you m ight as well be fans. You can probably describe a fire hydrant near the SC stadium in great detail.

I don't care if Clemson is considered 'elite' or not. I'm going to watch the games regardless.


But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:16 PM
    Reply

Whether or not they deserve a trophy, would YOU consider Clemson an elite program?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:19 PM
    Reply

Clemson has had great seasons in recent years and great seasons in the past especially the 80s. I don't see the point in calling it an elite program and it seems probably Clemson will have mediocre and bad seasons at some point in the future. Every team has a clean slate every season.


Chris Fowler disagrees with you

[8]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:23 PM
    Reply

https://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Chris-Fowler-Clemson-is-elite-and-isnt-going-anywhere-15524

I'm actually equal parts cynicism and apathy. I'm always willing to believe the worst as long as it doesn't take too much effort.


Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:25 PM
    Reply

This is my point, you guys crave validation and adulation from sports media. lol Chris Fowler has no idea what will happen in the future.


Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:28 PM
    Reply

This is my point, you aren't understanding what we are saying. We are at an elite level right now. 5, 10, etc. years from now we may not be elite. But you can bet your ### we will look back on this time as the golden age of Clemson University football.

This also does not show anyone craving validation and adulation from sports media, it's a refute to your claim that we are somehow not elite at this given time. How does that escape you?


I TD'd you for saying "you guys"

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:31 PM
    Reply

coot

I'm actually equal parts cynicism and apathy. I'm always willing to believe the worst as long as it doesn't take too much effort.


Re: Chris Fowler disagrees with you

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 11:43 PM
    Reply

> This is my point, you guys crave validation and
> adulation from sports media. lol Chris Fowler has
> no idea what will happen in the future.

you guys? The masquarade is up dude!


It's all clear now.

[2]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:23 PM
    Reply




Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:25 PM
    Reply

You "don't see the point" in it but you sure as #### want to argue for points against it over and over and over again.

We are at an elite period in our program. The 80's were an elite period for this program. That's how things work sometimes and it's ok to admit it and enjoy the ride.

In the future Clemson will have average seasons, however, it doesn't seem probable that it will occur any time soon.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    Reply

> You "don't see the point" in it but you sure as ####
> want to argue for points against it over and over and
> over again.
>
> We are at an elite period in our program. The 80's
> were an elite period for this program. That's how
> things work sometimes and it's ok to admit it and
> enjoy the ride.
>
> In the future Clemson will have average seasons,
> however, it doesn't seem probable that it will occur
> any time soon.

I'm not sure why you think that I'm not 'enjoying the ride'. I don't feel the need to characterize Clemson as an 'elite' program?


you come across as rather stupid, yet somehow believing that

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:31 PM
    Reply

your stupidity gives you some special insight that the 99.9% around you have missed.

interesting.

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: you come across as rather stupid, yet somehow believing that


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    Reply

you are the redneck that can't spell dear correctly, right?


Deer ClemVegas,


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    Reply

You dumb.


i rest my case. thank you.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:34 PM
    Reply



Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:32 PM
    Reply

Because you certainly aren't acting like you're enjoying the ride and are accusing Clemson fans of craving attention/adoration and being boastful of our programs elite status?

Fans that are happy don't do that.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:34 PM
    Reply

I am pointing out that you are bragging, which is true. You can 'enjoy the ride' without obnoxious bragging. It's just a game.


five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:35 PM
    Reply



Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:37 PM
    Reply

Another false accusation that I'm a coot. Do you ever think about anything other than the coots? It seems sports attracts people who want to hate something.


Re: five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:38 PM
    Reply

If you didin't like it when the 'coots' bragged during their big 5 peat, why do you do it when Clemson is winning. lol


Re: five-bombing coot not liking the bragging. nice.***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:39 PM
    Reply

I'm not gonna apologize for not bragging about my team when it plays well and mocking fans that do brag. #VirtueSignal


#PajamaBoy***

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:42 PM
    Reply





Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:47 PM
    Reply

Please point out where I was "bragging," as well as how anyone could brag on a Clemson message board to other Clemson fans.

"Hey other Clemson fan, my team is elite, suck it!"

See, doesn't make sense. Also was not being obnoxious, the "suck it" part in my ridiculous example above would be obnoxious. But talking with a fellow Clemson fan and saying, "Hey, we're an elite program right now," is 100% not obnoxious.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:48 PM
    Reply

I mean let's go back to the start, you're on a Clemson message board (the defending national champions) and you don't think fans are going to be proud of the accomplishments of the past few years and the culmination of those leading to us having an elite status right now?

I mean, do you not see the issue there with your logic?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:54 PM
    Reply

I love how you point out that Clemson won the natty last year. lol Who knew?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:56 PM
    Reply

I love how you posted a reply to my post but didn't address anything in it except for a small bit that was in parenthesis. How neat!


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:57 PM
    Reply

It is because you keep talking down to me. Why do you need to state Clemson won the title last year.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:00 PM
    Reply

It was just an aside that I put in my post, nothing necessarily directed at you.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:01 PM
    Reply

This Clemson team really isn't the defending national champs given all the good players that left.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:04 PM
    Reply

Smh, you just aren't making logical sense and are jumping around from one point to the next. I answered your question and you come back with a ridiculous statement.

We are the defending national champs because CLEMSON won the title and CLEMSON is at an elite level and CLEMSON has recruited at an elite level because CLEMSON has elite facilities and CLEMSON has an elite coaching staff.

That is honestly the dumbest statement I've probably ever read.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:07 PM
    Reply

My point is I can find posts by SC fans that said the same thing about their program 3 years ago. I still see Florida and LSU fans call their programs elite.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:20 PM
    Reply

Actually you cannot because they did not win a title, do not have elite facilities, and do not have elite coaches currently.

If a Florida fan says they are elite you can laugh at them to their face. Elite programs don't lose to FCS schools.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:42 PM
    Reply

Ok, my point is that if is possible, even if not probable, that a team not considered 'elite' can win their conference (such as Wake did 10 years ago), or win a natty, then what is the point of putting programs in elite and non-elite buckets.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:00 PM
    Reply

Because those are exceptions, not the rule.

Take a look at the last 4 national champions:

Clemson
Bama
Ohio State
Florida State

Those four programs are considered elite teams. Random ### teams do not win nattys unless everything lines up for them perfectly, a la Auburn in 2011.

More often than not, elite teams win it all, just the way it goes.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:04 PM
    Reply

lol well I guarantee you there are people that would say Auburn is more elite than Clemson.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:12 PM
    Reply

Basically if Clemson doesn't win it this year, or at least make playoffs, the dumb ########## mantra will return. lol


HAHAHAHA! @CLEMVEGAS - you aren't even a good coot troll


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:11 PM
    Reply

how does it feel to be a terrible at being part of a terrible fan base?


Re: HAHAHAHA! @CLEMVEGAS - you aren't even a good coot troll


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 6:15 PM
    Reply

here is a summary of every one of your posts on here:

You're a coot, coot.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:59 PM
    Reply

Let's say Byrant plays terrible against VT and Clemson loses the game and let's say it is about 20 points. Let's say Clemson looks horrible in this game.

Is Clemson still an elite program?


if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:00 PM
    Reply




Re: if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:02 PM
    Reply

I don't say 'we' because I don't play on the team. You guys say we like you are on the team. I say Clemson because I'm referring to the Clemson players.


Re: if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:06 PM
    Reply

It's the Clemson family, we are a part of the team. Especially if you buy season tickets, merchandise, donate to IPTAY, etc. that goes to giving the Clemson players scholarships.


Re: if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:08 PM
    Reply

lol

You have nothing to do with what happens on the field. You are a spectator. I don't say we out of respect.


Re: if you are spose to be a clemson fan is it to hard to say we***


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:11 PM
    Reply

Hmm, so crowd noise doesn't effect what happens on the field? You don't say we because you have some ridiculous views on life.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:03 PM
    Reply

I would say so, based on the recent few years.

It's interesting that the opponent you listed was VT. In 2014 Ohio State lost to VT at home 35-21, and then went on to win the national championship that year.

Was Ohio State still an elite program after losing?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:05 PM
    Reply

I don't think OSU should have made playoffs that year.

You are missing my point though. You are basing Clemson being elite this season based on 3 games this year. I'm asking does that change if Bryant plays terrible. What if Clemson loses some other games. It will be the same coach, same players, same facilities, etc.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:09 PM
    Reply

I don't care if you don't think they should have or not they did and they won it all beating the #1 and #2 teams that I'm sure you thought should be in the playoffs.

You are missing my point, it's not just based on this year's three games. It's based on the fact that we have been playing at an elite level for the past few years.

If Bryant plays terrible we have an elite defense that will help us out. You are also basing your questions on what ifs, and I'm basing us being elite on events that have actually happened.

I also do not see this team losing more than 2 games as a worst case scenario, what are the other "if" games you see us losing?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:11 PM
    Reply

Anything can happen if a team makes it to playoffs. I think OSU got in that year based on the dumb 'blueblood' 'elite' program thing because the other two teams were Baylor and TCU.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:12 PM
    Reply

Hmm, so being elite has its perks huh? Based on prior years results, which you stated earlier meant nothing.

So you are now contradicting your original points.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:13 PM
    Reply

I'm basing it on what-ifs to see if your view of Clemson being elite will change with some losses.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:15 PM
    Reply

It will not, because I do not share the views you do that being an elite team is on a season only basis.

Based on your response to the 2014 Ohio State team I don't even think you believe that anymore because they were elite that season as they won a title.

Elite programs have time frames in which they are elite. Sure, Alabama was down a good bit a while ago but now have been elite since Saban got there.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:46 PM
    Reply

Don't Alabama and Auburn have a lot of vacated wins, vacated seasons, bowl bans, probation, etc?


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:17 PM
    Reply

#### if I know I don't research their programs, but go ahead and look it up yourself.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:47 PM
    Reply

My belief is there are 'elite' coaches, not programs.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:18 PM
    Reply

This literally makes zero sense.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:40 PM
    Reply

You literally misuse the word literally. lol


well, you didn't join TigerNet until about 2 weeks after we

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:58 PM
    Reply

won the National Championship. And you seem kind of stupid. So, it's possible that you might not realize we had won it all. Not that being the best team in the country means we are elite, not by any means.

It's almost as if us winning it all got under your skin somehow.

Photobucket is holding my sig pic hostage. Screw them.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:56 PM
    Reply

Ok. My point is that Clemson hasn't won anything yet this season other than 3 games including 1 against a cupcake. There is no question they played well in those games.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:59 PM
    Reply

Ok, that is correct. I would also point out that we've looked dominant and elite in those three games. Carry that back to our title last year, going to the title game the year before and nearly winning, and one of the top defenses in the nation this year and you can call us elite which was originally how this started.

Now note, that is not bragging to you that Clemson is better than your team because I do not doubt you are a Clemson fan. That is just stating my opinion on the level our team is at right now based on the recent few years and what I've seen this year.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:00 PM
    Reply

Ok, I don't think you went Clemson. Clemson is just your NFL team. The people that accuse me of not being a Clemson fan are generally sidewalk fans.


Re: But do you consider Clemson Elite?


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:10 PM
    Reply

You don't think I went to Clemson? We've actually been over that before, and I also did not accuse you of not being a Clemson fan.

Reading is key, jack ###.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:16 PM
    Reply

So you admit you've seen a fire hydrant outside their stadium, eh?


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:20 PM
    Reply

I happy you don't care about Carolina. I really don't either. If they weren't our closest in-state rival with 114 games between the two schools, I would care even less.

It's not like we are OU/Neb or OSU/Mich or even AU/Ala right? I mean really, it's just crazy to talk about your rival on your team's internet message board. If you even talk about them at all.......

I don't care if we are elite either, just win baby.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:23 PM
    Reply

I don't see any reason to talk about SC except the week that Clemson plays them. Some of you guys seem to talk about SC more than Clemson. Probably know all the details of Muschamp's contract, etc. They just another team on the schedule to me. I see no reason Clemson fans need to talk about SC simply b/c it is in the same state.


How about because

[4]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:25 PM
    Reply

you and your band of morans is making our state look bad. You can't even light fires properly, or have working toilets. How are y'all better than cavemen again? It looks bad on the state that we're the flagship of.


Re: How about because

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:27 PM
    Reply

I bet many SC fans can spell moron though. lol

There is no such thing as a state flagship university unless the state has a single university system and the state congress designates a flagship campus. Our state doesn't have a university system, all of the universities are independent.


We both know which university everyone considers the best.


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:39 PM
    Reply

Cut that crap.


Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:25 PM
    Reply

to whine like a beotch?


Re: Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:28 PM
    Reply

says a hostile guy whining about my posts. Sorry to interrupt your 'clemson is elite clemson is elite' cheerleading type posts.


Re: Serious question: do you not have anything better to do than

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:29 PM
    Reply

Just checked, he doesn't have any posts saying "Clemson is elite, Clemson is elite."

That would be weird.


LOL, you've made over 50 posts in 2 hours WHINING

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    Reply

about how other posters refer to Clemson's status in the college football landscape.

You're a Coot woman, we get it. If you're not, you should consider growing a pair.


Re: LOL, you've made over 50 posts in 2 hours WHINING


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:32 PM
    Reply

I appeared to have triggered you but you are calling me a whiner. WHy don't you go post on another topic? ANybody that says anything on here that is not fanboy in nature you think is a 'coot'. I've said numerous times that I hate it when other fanbases start bragging about their program being elite.


You're right, you've made over 50 posts and I'm

[1]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:33 PM
    Reply

the one that's triggered.

Lutz. Cootfag's gonna Coot.


Re: You're right, you've made over 50 posts and I'm


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:35 PM
    Reply

You are responding to everything I say on here with hostility. Obviously I am under your skin. The reality is nobody responds to your opinions because you are dull.


That's where you're wrong. I couldn't respond to your

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:39 PM
    Reply

50 posts of whiny, feminine gibberish even if I wanted to.

That you are a troll and this is an act on your part doesn't change that you are a little bitch. Carry on with the incessant whining, Coot.


Re: Cootvegas be like


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 4:14 PM
    Reply

We talk about them because misery loves company. They are misery, we are company. hth.


They're our in state rival. Get over yourself******


Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    Reply




Re: Cootvegas be like

[5]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 3:06 PM
    Reply




I just wanted to post in this epic thread...

[3]
Posted: Sep 19, 2017 5:08 PM
    Reply

...carry on.


Re: Cootvegas = Marlboro County Coot

[1]
Posted: Sep 20, 2017 12:46 PM
    Reply

Pretty sure.


Replies: 88   Pages: 1  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: The Citadel
FOR SALE: 2 Tickets in section J Row Z. Clemson v Citadel. $150.00 obo. Located in Easley. Email only.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Board(s) - Clemson Football ]
Start New Topic
3851 people have read this post