Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots like to say we talk too much about the past.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Coots like to say we talk too much about the past.

Jun 26, 2014, 3:44 PM

Fair enough, but let's wait till they take that L in November and see how fast they want to bring up the past.

South Carolina Football
"Somewhat Relevant Since 2010"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

I'd rather talk about the past than revel in Bama's wins.

Jun 26, 2014, 3:53 PM

I owned a Porsche once, and I can reflect positively on that without reservation. If I never owned one, I would have a difficult time enjoying (or more to the point reveling) in the fact that my cousin had one that he received after beating me in a race.

Message was edited by: cutigersJD®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd rather talk about the past than revel in Bama's wins.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:13 PM

Well said!!! Coots love to revel in others Championships....#### I can still hear them whooping it up over their baseball championship last night...LOL

Re: Coots like to say we talk too much about the past.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:07 PM

Why shouldn't we want to discuss the past, especially with them? Clemson, whether they like hearing or not, has beaten USuck more than any other team we have competed against in a series. They can "crow" about five wins in a row, but can't stomach the fact we routinely beat their best in Columbia from the initial game until nearly five decades into the series! Try having their team come to Clemson without interruption for the next forty plus seasons and see where they stand then! Perhaps then they might have somewhat more respect for what we accomplished in spite of the location of the series. Please don't use this SEC is better line to try and convince any Clemson fan that the past seemingly doesn't matter. USC got out of the ACC in 1970 because they didn't stack up to the competition!

I live in Cola. and have no patience for their "superior" attitude, especially when their overall win total in football is nothing compared to ours! We, at last glance, have well over ONE-HUNDRED more wins than they do. I say learn to live with those facts Game Chickens! As a historian I know all to well "what comes around goes around" so look out Game Chickens because you don't want to mess with a mad Tiger!

Go Tigers! Beat USuck!

Jun 26, 2014, 8:47 PM

I lived in cola. for 3 yrs.you have my deepest sympathies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 26, 2014, 4:26 PM

It is what it is and they can stick it where
the sun don't shine. They are lifes eternal
losers.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:36 PM

What do you mean, "They'll start talking about the past after they get that L in November?" They're already living in the past. If I'm not mistaken, everything that occurred before the last football season is "the past." Why is there a difference between 5 years of the past and 10 years of the past or 100 years of the past. In the present tense, the yardbirds are 1-0 against the Tigers. I fully expect that to be reversed for the 2014 season. That's all "the present" can include. So in Sakerliner logic there is no streak! Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because they are talking about a current, ongoing streak.

Jun 27, 2014, 8:24 AM

If they want to use that logic though, then we can talk about the overall record against them, since that is the current record of the rivalry, and is not in the past.

Jun 26, 2014, 4:54 PM

I guess it depends on how far into the past you want to go. If you only go back fifteen years, Clemson is 8-7. But, let's cut to the chase. These are the golden years of Gamecock football. And they have beaten Clemson five straight times. At the same time, they still have never played in a BCS bowl or any of the big bowls that became the BCS bowls. No SEC Championship either. That one ACC Championship Trophy must be getting dusty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2014, 8:49 PM

no dust.it's more likely that the acc trophy has disintegrated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 26, 2014, 6:06 PM

H&ll, they have been practicing for that since the end of last season....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called TRADITION!

Jun 26, 2014, 10:33 PM

They don't have a frigging clue what it's about. You can fit their hardware in a 6x6 closet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2014, 10:41 PM

Overall which athletic program as a whole is currently better?

thats because we have a past***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:50 PM

nm

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina, winning since 2009.

Jun 26, 2014, 11:04 PM

LOL!

Re: South Carolina, winning since 2009.

Jun 26, 2014, 11:15 PM

I'll bring up the past and present. Just because its the best doesn't mean it didn't happen or its erased all of a sudden. I mean the present hasn't been great with the in-state rivalry, but I'm not going to complain about and ACC Title and BCS Orange Bowl trophy either! lol You have the chance to win bragging rights in the state every year, can't say the same about Conf and BCS bowl games. Win something that really matters cockadoodles.

***best = past

Jun 26, 2014, 11:17 PM

NM

Any phrase containing "wait til" is a registered Coot TM

Jun 27, 2014, 1:28 PM

you may owe us a royalty :-D

Re: Any phrase containing "wait til" is a registered Coot TM

Jun 27, 2014, 2:24 PM

Big talk every year before the season. We own them historically........yada....yada....They have no trophies.........yada.....yada. Then the chance to do something about it in November and thud double digit loss, crickets. Win vs. A blouted oppenent and "refrain".

I think Joel is a Gamecock fan, and

Jun 27, 2014, 2:38 PM

what is blouted.

We dream about the future and already know the past. Easier

Jun 27, 2014, 3:04 PM

to talk about. You can brag about what you have done but not what you are going to do. Everybody will call you a bragger!! Does any of this make sense?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We dream about the future and already know the past. Easier

Jun 27, 2014, 3:14 PM

The po bastads have no history. We own their school in football to the point where 5 straight wind in the series means almost nothing overall .
Let em' sqwak ...they can be shut up in November in the Valley .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic