Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 83
| visibility 1

Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:30 PM

I mentioned our Orange Bowl win to a coot today and thought the coot was literally going to explode. He immediately went into a rant about how we didn't deserve to go to the OB and that they deserved it more but couldn't because of the two team per conference limit. He said we got the bid out of "charity" and tried to argue that they should have played OSU and not us.

Am I wrong, but didn't we get the bid because of our conference tie in with the Orange Bowl? And didn't we get selected because FSU was selected for the BCS CG and we went as the second best team in the ACC? And wasn't OSU selected as the "at large" team? Didn't it work that way every year under the BCS?

Doesn't the SEC have the same type of arrangement with the Sugar Bowl, the Big12 with the Fiesta and Pac 12/Big 10 with the Rose?

If so, was Bama's selection as the SEC's alternate rep also a "charity" selection and pretty much every other team that was ever selected to a BCS bowl as their conference alternate when their champion was selected to go to the BCS CG was a "charity" selection?

And if I'm correct wouldn't their real beef be with OSU and UCF for being selected as at large bids over them and not with us?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the Orange was under no obligation to choose us***

Aug 22, 2014, 5:31 PM

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: the Orange was under no obligation to choose us***

Aug 22, 2014, 5:36 PM

Why not? Does the ACC not have a OB tie in anymore?

If york is right, it doesn't if they ACC champs go to MNC***

Aug 22, 2014, 5:37 PM

Clemson

I think once the ACC champion was in the MNC.... they

Aug 22, 2014, 5:39 PM

could choose whoever they wanted...

If the ACCC is NOT in the MNCG, them they must take them...

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

^dis^***

Aug 22, 2014, 5:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

That being said... us being available was a win for the OB

Aug 22, 2014, 5:44 PM

we have a history with them, we travel well, and we allow them to honor the ACC commitment...

If say, WF was in our place, OB probably doesn't worry about preserving the ACC tie

We do now

Aug 22, 2014, 5:48 PM [ in reply to Re: the Orange was under no obligation to choose us*** ]

with the exception of the years that the Orange Bowl is in the playoff an ACC team will be in the Orange Bowl, but under the BCS system the Orange Bowl had no obligation to give an ACC team a bid if the ACC team had been selected for the BCS Title Game.

Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:44 PM

Doesn't matter what you call it. We clearly showed we belonged there when we won.

Aug 22, 2014, 5:51 PM

Losing to them 5 in a row sucks. However, 10 years from now we'll forget about it. But, we'll always remember the Orange Bowl victory and our recent ACC championship.

So how long did you hold up the line at the drive through...

Aug 22, 2014, 6:08 PM

trying to explain this to the guy working the window?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So how long did you hold up the line at the drive through...

Aug 22, 2014, 6:38 PM

Unfortunately a family member of mine..I usually avoid CFB conversations with him because he's the type that goes off the handle at even the mention of anything positive about Clemson. Even a fellow Auburn Alumni family member avoids CFB discussions with him because he always says stuff like " How'd you guys let our conference down by losing to a crappy ACC team".

Oh the irony...SCar fan getting mad at an Auburn fan...

Aug 22, 2014, 6:51 PM

You let us down because you couldn't beat FSU...

Meanwhile, they haven't beaten Auburn since 1933.

Auburn is (9-1-1) against South Carolina

Average score: Auburn 27.5 - South Carolina 14.5

Per decade
W L T PFPG PAPG
2010's 3 0 0 35.7 19.0
2000's 2 0 0 36.0 12.0
1990's 2 0 0 25.5 15.0
1980's 0 0 0 0 0
1970's 0 0 0 0 0
1960's 0 0 0 0 0
1950's 0 0 0 0 0
1940's 0 0 0 0 0
1930's 2 1 1 18.0 12.3

All games
2011/10/01 Auburn 16 - South Carolina 13 W
2010/12/04 Auburn 56 - South Carolina 17 W ** SEC CHAMPIONSHIP **
2010/09/25 Auburn 35 - South Carolina 27 W
2006/09/28 Auburn 24 - South Carolina 17 W
2005/10/01 Auburn 48 - South Carolina 7 W
1997/10/04 Auburn 23 - South Carolina 6 W
1996/10/05 Auburn 28 - South Carolina 24 W
1933/12/02 Auburn 14 - South Carolina 16 L
1932/12/03 Auburn 20 - South Carolina 20 T
1931/11/26 Auburn 13 - South Carolina 6 W
1930/11/27 Auburn 25 - South Carolina 7 W

They are literally too stupid to insult...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 6:19 PM

The BCS was supposed to put the #1 vs. #2 teams into the national championship...that was it's only purpose. For the most part it did was it was set out to do.

That "coot" is in the minority

Aug 22, 2014, 6:20 PM

Most SC fans don't care. BCS games had lost their luster once borderline top 25 teams started getting bids several years ago. I'll take the state championship all day over BCS and if you disagree, well, you're lying .

Re: That "coot" is in the minority

Aug 22, 2014, 6:28 PM

USCjr's trophy case disagrees

Aug 22, 2014, 7:03 PM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

BMS2006,
The only lie being told is the one you're telling yourself as you say that.

Lol at rather have a state championship than BCS trophy

Aug 22, 2014, 7:21 PM

We have 65 of those state championship titles and y'all have 42. I think a BCS trophy is a little more important, seeing as we only have one and y'all have zero.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Re: That "coot" is in the minority ]

Honestly, you would rather beat OSU last year than SC? Yes or no reply only

Exactly***

Aug 22, 2014, 8:08 PM

Aug 22, 2014, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: That "coot" is in the minority ]

100%

YES

Try to understand it from this perspective:

I've witnessed twenty-seven "state championships" in my life including seven win streaks....Five of which were four years in row. However, I've only witnessed one other major bowl victory prior to last years victory over OSU. However, I was only 11 years old at that time and didn't fully appreciate what my tigers had done. I was also there when we lost to WV and understand what it felt like to lose that game.

No doubt, the losing streak sucks, but it will end and be forgotten about. That Orange Bowl trophy will sit in our trophy case forever.

I know, having never been to a major bowl it's difficult to understand this. Perhaps SC will win one one day and you'll understand it better. Until then, enjoy the streak while you still can.

Yes, my answer is yes.

Aug 22, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: That "coot" is in the minority ]

Last year of BCS, no other chances to win one. We have multiple streaks vs chickens and get a chance to play them every year. Won't ever get another shot at a BCS bowl.

Did that help? I hope that helped.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Denial Phase***

Aug 22, 2014, 8:32 PM

Your the one in denial.

Aug 22, 2014, 8:41 PM

So you would have rather beat Tigers last year than won a BCS bowl?

Most of your fan base would have rather won a BCS.

Wrong on all points

Aug 22, 2014, 8:47 PM

We own you

^^^keep on trolling.

Aug 22, 2014, 8:54 PM

Tell'em Coot. Sad.

Re: Wrong on all points

Aug 22, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Wrong on all points ]

How can you "own" a team when you have 23 fewer wins than they do?

I don't think it works that way.

If it does I'm sure there are a lot schools out there that would love to be "owned" by their rivals that way. LOL

Aug 23, 2014, 1:22 AM [ in reply to Wrong on all points ]

65/42 sir says you're a liar, point blank, a liar!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2014, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Wrong on all points ]

Argue with this BMS2006
http://www.winsipedia.com/clemson/vs/south-carolina

Aug 23, 2014, 8:02 AM

He will. Coots only recognize the 2009-2013 seasons . They have no need to look at historical data , they are unaware of any reason to concern themselves with facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: LOL. Denial Phase***

Aug 22, 2014, 8:47 PM [ in reply to LOL. Denial Phase*** ]

Like I said...Perhaps one day you guys will understand it.. Good luck.

What does a river in Egypt have to do with

Aug 23, 2014, 5:33 AM [ in reply to LOL. Denial Phase*** ]

anything?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL. Denial Phase***

Aug 23, 2014, 10:40 PM [ in reply to LOL. Denial Phase*** ]

Seriously, we've been dominating the chickens for a century. We now have 1 BCS trophy. Is this even debatable? You're a chicken. Deal with it

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Yes.***

Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Re: That "coot" is in the minority ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Yes.***

Aug 23, 2014, 5:01 PM

Coots live on a houseboat , in a marina on that African river.
They fish for compliments but are known for their ability to fill the live wells with bottom feeders.

DB23

Aug 22, 2014, 9:37 PM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

5 years go a BCS win was more important than beating Scar. It had been 40 years since you last won in consecutive years. We had won like 8 of the last 10, 15 of the last 20, and 30 of the last 40. It was not a rivalry. Your second HOF coach was 1-3. It was bad.

In the present time a win over Scar is of utmost importance deep down to every true Clemson fan, whether they will admit it or not.

I would trade our OB win for a win over Scar last year in a heartbeat.

But what makes your current streak different is that our program is just as strong as yours, arguably better. You have been better the day we played and we have #### the bed, outside of the rivalry we have done more.

The 40 years prior to the start of your current streak you were terrible. We were clearly head and shoulders above you.

Better program than us the last. 5 years?

Aug 22, 2014, 9:42 PM

Ok you have really lost it. I won't engage with someone who is that far off the deep end

Re: Better program than us the last. 5 years?

Aug 22, 2014, 9:51 PM

In the last 5 years we have 2 division titles, a conference title, and a BCS bowl win.

You have 1 division title.

You have won the head to head battle but outside the rivalry we have done more than you have. That's not debatable.

Recruiting, graduation rates, all that goes into the state of a program as well, and we are ahead of you in both of those areas.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:58 PM

Dude, you really need to get a grip on reality. Not going to engage with you.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:00 PM

Now he's talking engagement .

Trust me , Coots love Skatell's.

DB23

Aug 22, 2014, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Better program than us the last. 5 years? ]

Reality is you have 3 good years out of 100+, with nothing to show for it but a division title and a few mediocre bowl wins.

Aug 23, 2014, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Better program than us the last. 5 years? ]

Because you can't argue against the facts that carries only the TRUTH. By not engaging will save face for you, but only in a simple round about way. And if You say that's not true, you will have PROVEN yourself to be a flat out LIAR!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2014, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: That "coot" is in the minority ]

Skeeter,
I understand where you're coming from, but I think you're only saying that because we're currently in the middle of the losing streak. A streak that most of us have never experienced in our lives. But several years from now, when things are back to normal and we're sitting there enjoying another multi win streak over the coots like always, that Orange Bowl trophy is going to be a whole lot more meaningful than it is now. Trust me.

Spoken like a true cocklover...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:00 PM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

Delusional.

Ohio State had won, whatm 24 games in row until Michigan State ended their sure appearance in the national championship game? That winning streak was one of the top 25 or so in NCAA history.

It was a huge game. Pretty much bigger than any game the coots have won in their entire history.

I'm sure it stung a lot on that night and I'm sure it still stings to a great extent. But trying to minimize it below the hardee's trophy or reducing it because it wasn't a national championship - that's one of the most pathetic things ever typed on this website.

You said something about lying? Please try harder to not lie to yourself, then get back to us. Maybe one day you'll accomplish something more noteworthy than beating Clemson, but I doubt it.

Re: Spoken like a true cocklover...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:11 PM

Didn't sting at all. Really don't care. We had just handed you guys a 5th straight beating. We don't care what you do in the bowl game. And once again you finish the season looking up at us on the polls.

"We"

Aug 22, 2014, 6:57 PM

I guess when you're used to losing most years of your entire life, yeah, then beating Clemson would carry more weight than winning a BCS bowl game. Makes sense. Maybe one day you'll actually accomplish more than beating Clemson? I doubt it.

Re: "We"

Aug 22, 2014, 10:24 PM

"You're" the state's JV team. Might as well start facing the facts.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:27 PM

JV teams don't play in the Orange Bowl #######.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:30 PM

3 of the last 6 teams to play in the OB have been fringe top 25 teams. You guys fitted right in

Aug 22, 2014, 10:33 PM

Fitted? Nah I don't think we did that.

Aug 22, 2014, 10:39 PM

He needs to be fitted , for a Coot straight jacket.
They know it burns them up and they make tons of excuses don't they ?
Bottom line of the bottom line is that while they are pecking around bragging about beating Clemson , we are positioned to make ACC and NC title runs ...for a long time.
When Spurrts hangs it up soon , they go right back to chump status in a league they are already viewed as such in .

DB23

What bowl was that you played in again?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: "We" ]

What is your BCS bowl record?

Re: What bowl was that you played in again?

Aug 22, 2014, 10:37 PM

Undefeated. You're missing the point

Undefeated???

Aug 22, 2014, 10:39 PM

What are you talking about? Again, do you think you'll EVER accomplish more than beating Clemson? Hint: Wisconsin wasn't it.

Re: Undefeated???

Aug 22, 2014, 10:42 PM

The Coot is string with this one .

Set phazers to deep fry.

DB23

Aug 22, 2014, 10:48 PM

It was a joke. We went 0-0 in the BCS era. And "fitted" was a auto correct error on phone. You guys are trying to get away from the point that you are now little brother. I'm done talking to kids that are up after bedtime. BMS out

Bro, do you not proof read...***

Aug 22, 2014, 10:52 PM

Aug 22, 2014, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Undefeated??? ]

You can have ownership of this rivalry , and call yourself big brother Coot ...just as soon as you win 24 straight to take the lead.

Lol. Po Bastads don't even realize how lowly they really are.
Mascot is a CHICKEN , that might have been your forefeathers first mistake.

DB23

Aug 22, 2014, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: "We" ]

"fringe top 25 teams"

You mean, as in like the type teams you guys have been beating in bowls?

My word...

Aug 22, 2014, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Re: "We" ]

Delusional doesn't even begin to describe that hilarious mental state you've got yourself in.

Re: Spoken like a true cocklover...

Aug 23, 2014, 1:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Spoken like a true cocklover... ]

WE have handed you dumb A$SES beating after beating after beating. Now that you have won 5, you are scared to death to look over your own shoulders. You fear the actual pain still so very raw in your guts.

Tell 'em capon

Aug 22, 2014, 10:01 PM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

so sad

Aug 22, 2014, 11:56 PM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

I don't know that I would rather have the state championship than a BCS trophy. Don't know that I wouldn't either. A BCS trophy would be nice to get.

That being said, both years Clemson went to the Orange Bowl, we had the better record, the better ranking, and beat y'all head to head. I wouldn't trade our seasons for y'alls seasons those years just to play in a BCS game.

Whatever makes you feel better.***

Aug 23, 2014, 9:17 AM [ in reply to That "coot" is in the minority ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

They don't have to***

Aug 22, 2014, 6:52 PM

Re: They don't have to***

Aug 22, 2014, 7:08 PM

Little Bro can't let us be happy. They can't accept second place in the Palmetto State. They think we didn't deserve our National Championship or either BCS bowl appearance. Imagine that.
The have nots will always hate the haves ...its the way of things.

DB23

They don't like the last time we won the Orange Bowl either!

Aug 22, 2014, 8:48 PM

Clemson Tigers MNC baby!

Re: They don't like the last time we won the Orange Bowl either!

Aug 22, 2014, 8:55 PM

Now that 1981 OB is indeed a win I wish we had. No doubt about it.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:38 PM

CU got the bid by default. Only 2 teams per conference could get a bid. That's why you got it. Obviously not because you were better than USC. CU could have been 7-5 and got it over USC. Bama and Auburn knocked us out, not Clemson that's for sure. That was settled on the field.

Aug 22, 2014, 9:40 PM

Tennessee knocked you out , Coot .

By default.

DB23

Aug 22, 2014, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl. ]

There's no guarantee they would have picked you even if they could have.

A five win Tennessee team is who kept you out of a BCS bowl.

USCtim, do you even know the BCS rules?

Aug 22, 2014, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl. ]

Yes only 2 teams per conference. But there were no conference tie ins if the #1 in conference didn't make the MNC.

The orange bowl could have chosen several other teams within the top 16 of the BCS. They DID NOT have to choose Clemson.

Under the new playoff rules, if #1 in ACC does make playoff then the OB DOES have to pick an ACC team to replace.

Tell 'em capon

Aug 22, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl. ]

The failboat has arrived

That's incorrect. We got the bid over you because

Aug 22, 2014, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl. ]

we earned it and you lost to a team who's only other SEC win was against Kentucky.

Facts hurt I know.

Re: That's incorrect. We got the bid over you because

Aug 23, 2014, 12:01 AM

If we were eligible to be selected there is a very high chance we would have been taken. Better ranking, head to head win, and a fan base that would traveled extremely well for their first BCS game. The only real reason to select Clemson would have been to preserve the relationship with the ACC.

However, we were not eligible. If we had beaten Tenn we still may not have gotten in o clever Bama. Probably had to be SEC champs to get in.

Would not y'all have played in the SEC championship

Aug 23, 2014, 12:11 AM

game if y'all had beaten tenn?

Re: Would not y'all have played in the SEC championship

Aug 23, 2014, 2:08 PM

Yes. I don't think we beat AU, though, so still think we would have been hoping for an at-large.

Coots were eligible to be selected. But the next SEC team

Aug 23, 2014, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: That's incorrect. We got the bid over you because ]

if the BCS took even 3 SEC teams according to the BCS final standings was Missouri.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coots were eligible to be selected. But the next SEC team

Aug 23, 2014, 8:31 AM

You have all been pulled into the ring by the losers . Don't feed their pathetic trolling. If they want to listen to GoonCoot positivity they have sites for that where they can carouse with those of a similar ilk.

DB23

Mark, instead of dealing in your version of "likely", let's

Aug 23, 2014, 3:53 PM [ in reply to Re: That's incorrect. We got the bid over you because ]

stick to what is known. That is, Clemson went to the BCS because we deserved it. You didn't go because you didn't deserve it. That's all that needs to be said about that really. No sense talking in hypotheticals and your likely and probably scenarios and whatnot.

Re: Mark, instead of dealing in your version of "likely", let's

Aug 23, 2014, 4:06 PM

Shane , when you factor in the SEC factor and stuff , and the factor that the ACC isnt as good factor ...and stuff. I mean , I feel like there are factors that are factoring the CootStains out of the National Championship scenario .

DB23

Aug 23, 2014, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots can 't accept we won a BCS bowl. ]

How did Clemson knock Y'all out of contention? I guess that
losing to the Dawgs and the Vols didn't have anything to do
with it, usctim.

Beating Clemson

Aug 23, 2014, 10:44 PM

is their greatest accomplishment

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Beating Clemson

Aug 23, 2014, 11:04 PM

Agree beating OSU was way sweeter, we are bummed about losing 5 straight but we always move on to bigger better games in the end. You keep calling us the little brother or JV team but guess what, you own the state and a recent poll showed we are still more popular and relevant on a national level.

Replies: 83
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic