Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cootology and the Taxonomic classification of Coot fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Cootology and the Taxonomic classification of Coot fans

Nov 21, 2018, 11:06 AM

Have you ever noticed the different behavior of coot fans? During our run in 2016 I managed to observe gamecock fans and their behavior in person and online and managed to classify them in distinct categories. Not all of them will act the same and you may have encountered the different coot variety yourself. As your local Cootologist I feel the need to share with you all my findings. To help prepare you this rivalry weekend, I will list the 4 distinct coot species here:

Bandwagon Coot: They’re a coot fan but like you, they got excited about Clemson going to the CFP and was cheering for them to win. They have never root for Clemson before and this is the first time they are witnessing an actual national championship run and maybe they got caught up in the moment and euphoric excitement. It’s hard to tell the difference between Tiger and gamecock fans here.

Friend Coot: Your typical friend who is a gamecock fan. They mostly cheer for South Carolina and only rip Clemson during rivalry week. Yeah, they hate Clemson and rag you for being a Clemson fan but they are reasonable and they like you. They may have pulled for Bama, or Clemson if they like you enough. But at the end of the night of the national championship game, they are happy for you.

Silent but Deadly Coot: You think they are Friend Coot, the aforementioned category but they really really hate Clemson. You don’t normally see that side of them until Clemson loses in a big way. I saw this during the FSU 2013 game, loss to Pittsburg 2016/Syracuse 2017. I was taken aback a little and amazed to see so much venom from them on Facebook when they are normally nice. It could be they are just pissed and jealous of you or are the polite closeted last category of coot.

CDS Coot: Not Coach Dabo Swinney. Clemson Derangement Syndrome. They hate everything about Clemson and never say anything nice about or give them an ounce of credit. You see them on social media running down everything Clemson and Clemson related with their snarky comments. This coot fan is the typical trailer park trash fan you see on FGF and are the cussing, fighting, drunken bottle throwing, parking lot breeding variety. They are normally not your friends and not afraid to say some nasty things about Clemson to your face.

Feel free to add more categories.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cootology and the Taxonomic classification of Coot fans

Nov 21, 2018, 11:13 AM

Delusional Coot. Which I think is by far the largest category. Don't know/understand football, just think that their conference affiliation somehow makes them "good" (which they aren't). Don't pay attention to recruiting. Generally have generational affiliation with U5C.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Cootology and the Taxonomic classification of Coot fans

Nov 21, 2018, 11:19 AM

"Delusional Coot" is redundant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I definitely worked with a CDS Coot back in the day. He was

Nov 21, 2018, 12:17 PM

rooting for Nebraska to beat us in 1981. I asked him why he could not at least root for us because of state pride. He said, and this was while the Cold War was still on, "if Clemson was playing Russia, I would root for Russia!"

I am told he nearly got tossed from several Coot games back then, because when USuk would be on defense, he would stand up and yell "GET STIFF, C0CKS!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic