Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coot fans should be angry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Coot fans should be angry

Dec 5, 2013, 4:53 PM

This year was their best chance to win their division, and they blew it like a #### on prom night.
Everybody in the nation could see Arkansas, the coots traditional cross conference rival, was going downhill. None of the historic "big boys" in the east wanted any part of Texas A&M; so the SEC played musical chairs and set the columbia rejects up for a loss to College Station every year.
In a year when Georgia was decimated with injuries, florida couldn't complete a forward pass and Tennessee still sucked, cootU failed to capitalize. Freaking Missouri won the East lol.
In our lifetime the 1969 ACC Championship banner will be the only one we'll ever see hanging in williams brice.
Congrats to them for beating us 5 times in a row. This is their golden era. Victories over us is the only thing they will ever be able to hang their hats on.
Can anyone imagine the meltdown on Tnet if we blew our chance at playing for a championship because of a loss to freaking Tennessee?
Enjoy the outback bowl for the umpteenth time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure TAMU's permanent cross divisional opponent it Missouri

Dec 5, 2013, 4:55 PM

And SCAR's is Arkansas

They switch next year. nm***

Dec 5, 2013, 4:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not anymore, TA&M will face SCar every year now.***

Dec 5, 2013, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure TAMU's permanent cross divisional opponent it Missouri ]

and Missouri and Arkansas?***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:12 PM

Re: and Missouri and Arkansas?***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:29 PM

With the addition of Mizzou and TAMU, the yearly matchup with Arkansas ended, but when some scheduling conflicts came up during the initial planning, they needed to extend the matchup two more years. This was our last annual matchup with Arkansas. I'm not entirely sure Mizzou will be annual since we're definitely playing TAMU annually starting next season, but when we do play each other, they've nicknamed it "Battle of the Columbia's" since they play out of Columbia, Missouri. But like many B10 rivalries with a name and/or unique trophy, not every one of them occurs annually.

How will Missouri not be annual?

Dec 5, 2013, 7:38 PM

Aren't they in your half of the conference?

Re: How will Missouri not be annual?

Dec 5, 2013, 7:46 PM

Haha! Yes they are, so yes, we will be playing them annually. That was dumb!

So yes, we will be playing both new teams annually.

Re: How will Missouri not be annual?

Dec 5, 2013, 11:15 PM

Try to sound intelligent when you're insulting someone? I was joking with the "####" spelling. You're an idiot if you didn't realize Missouri was in your half of the conference.

Re: Coot fans should be angry

Dec 5, 2013, 5:03 PM

So what does that 31-17 loss to that horrible team make your team?

Take your loss like a man. Yes, SC choked at Tennessee, but Tennessee never quit and showed they wanted it more. Georgia still had a majority of their players when we played them and they outplayed us that game, so give them credit. But thinking Mizzou is a bad team is a mistake. They are a very good team and proved it this year. They were decimated with injuries last year (like Georgia this year), or they would have won more then too.

No one thought after the loss to Tennessee that SC had a chance of making it to Atlanta, but they finished strong. Mizzou finished stronger. They earned it.

Still it wasn't a bad season. We proved that despite our losses, we're still a top 10 team. Clemson fans like you, unfortunately, make your fan base look like a bunch of "hoar"s (it's "######" by the way...try to sound intelligent when you are insulting someone) who can't take a loss.

Enjoy getting decimated by whomever you're going to play, and oh man do I hope it's on a national scale against Alabama. You think we made you look bad? Think of the West Virginia game times 5.

If I were you, I'd hope for Chick-fil-A.

Dec 5, 2013, 5:08 PM

We fired a coach that is doing just what Spurrier is now at USuCk- beating the rival but losing to lesser teams and not winning championships.

We fired TB. There will probably be a statue put up of Spurrier outside the cockroach.

Dec 5, 2013, 5:11 PM

You are a very funny man. Please, keep entertaining me with your wisdom.

Dec 5, 2013, 5:58 PM

It's so sad that you have to seek validation from strangers on a rival's message board in order to feel good about yourself/your program.

Like, literally sad. Not funny or anything.

Dec 5, 2013, 6:23 PM

I honestly came on this site to post a message saying your team deserves a better coach than Dabo, and give solid examples of how he's actually hurting your program.

I got lost in the stupidity of your fan base blasting a team that just embarrassed your program for the 5th straight year, and only a few of you telling it like it is--that SC is a better team. I couldn't help myself in trying to explain logically how it isn't so, but logic doesn't seem to fall well on most of the fans on here. They seem to brush it away and live in the past.

So it isn't me that needs to feel good about myself or my program--the team has done enough for me to not rely on a post. Apparently your fan base needs this outlet to convince each other of an oblivious concept.

You're right though--I should be spending my time in so many ways better than this.

Came to gloat and kick salt in the wound

Dec 5, 2013, 6:41 PM

And not to seek validation.

So you are a ######## instead of a twerp.

Sorry we misread your ill intentions.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Came to gloat and kick salt in the wound

Dec 5, 2013, 7:04 PM

I wasn't going to gloat, in all honesty. My point I was going to make was how Spurrier lambasted the fan base in his first year when we applauded the team after nearly beating Georgia in the 2nd game. Spurrier said not to accept a loss and quit applauding mediocrity. I saw your fans rush the field this year when they beat mediocre teams, and Dabo should have been the first to tell them to stop cheering for a bad performance. That was all I was gonna say, and then the piss-poor attitude most of your fan base seems to embrace caught my attention. I should have realized that arguing with logic is completely useless against an oblivious few.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:22 PM

I swear you are the dumbest thick skulled fanbase on earth. I mean how many times do you losers have to be told that the fans go onto the field after every home game win or lose. The alumni and players all join together and sing the alma mater. Its been that way for decades. We are sorry you guys can't do something like that because you are all trailer trash but it is what it is.

Dec 5, 2013, 7:34 PM

This is actually the first time I've ever heard that. I know the only time I've seen the rivalry in person, at Memorial Stadium, you guys lost to SC on a missed FG. Your fans stayed in their seats then and didn't sing the alma mater with the team. Actually most of them stormed out of the stadium. So yeah, I had no idea what looks like a storming of the field celebration is actually just keeping a tradition going of singing with the fans and coaches.

The alma mater is still sung with the players/coaches/staff with the fans at south carolina. We just don't storm the field to do it.

Dec 6, 2013, 7:07 AM

That's because you are not allowed to genius it is $50, 000 fine if your fans go on the field

The anger is strong with this one.***

Dec 6, 2013, 7:25 AM

Re: The anger is strong with this one.***

Dec 6, 2013, 7:30 AM

Not really, just tired of telling you mouth breathers the same thing over and over

Except TB wasn't winning 11 games.

Dec 6, 2013, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

So your argument is worthless.

what i find kind of funny is, it didn't matter if mizzou or

Dec 6, 2013, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

usuc represented the sec eastern. if mizzou wins the conference, or if y'all would have somehow managed the feat of winning the sec, it would be the first title since 1969 either way, as i found this little nugget in an goupstate.com article today, (c&p'd) "while Missouri's last title was in 1969". sound familiar ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2013, 5:17 PM

That's some weak sauce bro ! You are only as good as your last game, and in our last game we rolled the #6 team in the country right on out of the top 10. Good luck with Bama and we'll see who sits where after New Year's day.

Dec 6, 2013, 9:46 AM

YYUUUUUAAAAHHHHHHHHH BRRRRRUHHHH

Just an FYI

Dec 5, 2013, 5:18 PM

We played Georgia when they were still healthy. Also since spurrier is just like tommy Bowden was in your eyes, when was the last time they beat 3 teams that finished top 15 teams in one season? Don't worry I'll wait.

Add to that from their win, bragging rights is the only

Dec 5, 2013, 5:28 PM

thing they got. And not much of that. Saturday's sports coverage of their win was overshadowed by bigger games and other sports news.

They also may not have done anything to our bowl picture.

Remember when we handed them a losing season and knocked them out of bowl contention? I do. Didn't we do that to them twice?

Clemson fans should be angry at Dabo

Dec 5, 2013, 5:47 PM

5 straight had never happened before. Even the year he won the ACC yall still had 3 losses and had the worst ever performance in a BCS bowl for a 4th loss.

I'm really surprised that Dabo's seat hasn't started to heat up

Re: Clemson fans should be angry at Dabo

Dec 5, 2013, 5:56 PM

I'm amazed at Clemson fans so easily redirecting their emotions to try to make themselves feel better by bringing up games 6-10+ years ago.

Spurrier, when losing, doesn't make up excuses. He blasts his team for not performing and credits the other team for coming out to play like they should. Dabo finds excuses and tries to sugar coat it.

Personally, I hope he stays at Clemson for many years.

Re: Clemson fans should be angry at Dabo

Dec 5, 2013, 6:00 PM

I'm amazed that you losers are over here talking amongst yourselves and trying to overcome "little man syndrome" despite your recent success...

Lol!

Takes more than five years to undo the psychological trauma

Dec 5, 2013, 11:24 PM

they're dealing with.

It must be exasperating. Three, four, five in a row...are we good yet? Oh, nope they still own us and always will. ####.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo's seat will heat up

Dec 5, 2013, 5:58 PM

When there is another option to come here that doesn't require a lateral move.

I come to see the Clemson

Dec 5, 2013, 6:04 PM

Propaganda machine first hand, you compare a coach who has won at every school he's ever coached at to a guy who nobody is even trying to get to coach anymore. Comparing SOS to Bowden is like comparing CU tradition to that of Alabama

Whatever makes you feel better goatbuttcheese***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:06 PM

Dec 5, 2013, 6:07 PM

yes, we lost AT georgia and AT Tennessee... tell me now, outside of our loss, did you play at any away stadium with more than 55k people there?

Dear God...that's the best you got chicken? Yawn***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:08 PM

Re:All were able to put 11 on the field at any one time.

Dec 5, 2013, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

What in the heck does the size the stadium have to do with it?

Dec 5, 2013, 7:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

And I was at that Tennessee game it was not any louder than Syracuse was

I'd love to play the coots in a bowl game. Funny how you

Coots can say that you choked vs Tennesee but can't we say the same vs y'all? We choked! We were the better team but didn't deliver. Happens to good teams right?

sure it does- 5 years in a row? not likely

Dec 5, 2013, 6:09 PM

but it does happen.

Doesn't make the loss feel any better.

I mean if Clemson fans are now forced to hang their hat on other teams taking care of business against South Carolina, that's fine.

Just another example of how things have changed.

but winning Saturday night did help

ease the loss to Tennessee a little bit.

I mean if you can't play for the SEC title, you might as well beat your instate rival for the 5th year in a row.

Maybe y'all should get rings for that!***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:09 PM

It getting rings would cause

Dec 5, 2013, 6:10 PM

posters on here to talk about it all year long - I'd be fine with it.

Re:He is back!***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:16 PM

Lol...spurier just throws others under the bus***

Ok goatbuttcheese***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:10 PM

He beat ur #### regularly lol***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:13 PM

TAMU fans should be angry...make that, WILL be angry

Dec 5, 2013, 6:20 PM

they are probably happy and excited now, remembering their great trip to Clemson and the warmth and hospitality they experienced in South Carolina, and can't wait for the road trip.

Little do they know, reality awaits....their team will get dog cussed, have things thrown at them and they'll get to tailgate in a dusty industrial park in the armpit of the state instead of the beautiful Foothills. What a letdown they have in store.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well then

Dec 5, 2013, 6:30 PM

Adios , amigos!!! I think sc deserves a title, some title o any kind every once in a while. I mean , 44 freakin yrs??? Maybe you'll get yourself a coach one day that quits throwing his players under the bus and starts actually caring whether you win another title of some kind!! Of course he's glad he's not back at Florida where he'd be EXPECTED to win championships. At sc all he has to do mention them!!! And take in the mills!!! And they think he's taken them to the pinnacle!! Hahaha, lol

Dec 5, 2013, 6:53 PM

"Wait till next year" - signed: clem5on

Dec 5, 2013, 7:20 PM

"I'm a moron"

-signed garnetblood80

It seems they've given up all hope of ever winning a conference championship***

Dec 5, 2013, 6:59 PM

Dec 5, 2013, 7:27 PM

Does that make you feel better about losing...again? And what makes you think this was our best chance? We get A&M and Georgia at home, both early in the year. We return 4 out of 5 OL, all of our receivers, both tight ends and three outstanding running backs. Oh, and the backup quarterback that beat you last year.

On defense, losing Quarrells hurt, but you said Clowney was overrated so that can't hurt can it? 6 linebackers all with experience are back, and our DBs seem good year after year.

Take a good look at our schedule, it lines up great for us. See you next November and lets compare records.

Or as you guys now like to say, wait to next year!b

Re: Can I ask why we are picking a fight

Dec 5, 2013, 7:33 PM

we lost the last 5 years? It does not matter who beat the coots; we didn't!

I thought SCar copyrighted "Wait 'till next year"

Dec 5, 2013, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

about 30 years ago. They actually had bumper stickers with that on them for years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Do you really drive an 18 wheeler?***

Dec 5, 2013, 11:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Coot fans should be angry ]

So you were at the Tennessee game

Dec 5, 2013, 7:33 PM

Instead of the FSU game? And 100k in a stadium upsetting a highly ranked opponent people aren't as loud as 49k people getting the brakes beat off them? Idk about that

Yeah erskine

Dec 5, 2013, 7:44 PM

You're right about that, ignore that from him. They are in the east. I noticed that too lol

One

Dec 5, 2013, 8:22 PM

That's how many championships ya got. Haven't made it to the thumb yet have ya. Yeah , yeah I know , ya got one on that middle finger don't cha??? Pinnacle!!! It 's where you is!!! And I'm not the one on my rivals board with my ccoocckk in my hand!!!

So let me get this straight..

Dec 5, 2013, 11:34 PM

You come to a Clemson board, at 11 o'clock at night, while your cousin/wife is slaving over the microwave making you hot pockets? You should be loving on her the way you love on your c0cks. Now for you to assume that Scar will have any kind of national or conference relevance is absurd. Look at the way you talk about the other teams in the SEC, while you are one of the teams in the SEC that the others make fun of as that team that lost to UT. Can't spell Outback without UT lol. Come on fellas, get a life. Go to your board and bash Clemson. If no one responded to you, you would probably start arguing with each other and get confused trying to figure out who Carolina and USC is, when in reality no one gives a ####. Personally, it sucked that Clemson lost to Scar but oh well. Got bigger and better things to get to. Now we all know that 5 in a row is embarrassing, I mean even the Scar fans know that this isn't suppose to happen and it's embarrassing. That's why it's such a big deal, because even they are smart enough to know this isn't suppose to happen.

Not angry, but disappointed ...

Dec 6, 2013, 9:08 AM

.. in not winning the division if you makes you feel better. Beating Clemson has become old hat and not near as much fun anymore.

Re: Not angry, but disappointed ...

Dec 6, 2013, 9:40 AM

Now you know how we felt the 20 years prior to these 5.

Love all these coot reactions...LOL***

Dec 6, 2013, 10:04 AM

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic