Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier

Jan 13, 2014, 2:31 PM

CollegeSpun.com showing him signing Clemson helmet "This is our State! 5"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier

Jan 13, 2014, 2:38 PM

The people at Fanzone put him up to it. BOYCOTT the FANZONE STORE in Charleston!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2014, 2:48 PM

Strange that many people would wait to see a QB who never won anything. Not to mention one who was in Charleston because he had no real NFL aspirations.

null

Jan 13, 2014, 6:51 PM

any player invited to the Combine has "real" NFL expectations

Jan 14, 2014, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

bro, you just be so hating cause he whup up on yo homeys

Frankly I'd be surprised any Clemson fans shop there at all

Jan 13, 2014, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

I've only heard of the place in passing, never been there. But based on their facebook page and posts from the last several months, I see no reason ever to step foot in their store. (I'm sure the owners couldn't care less, of course.)

It was fate.

Jan 13, 2014, 3:41 PM

Shaw was there filling out an application.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

LOL!! Good call.***

Jan 13, 2014, 4:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shaw

Jan 13, 2014, 3:52 PM

That is hillarious. Connor seems real concerned what we think. He is just like his coach in that he is a winner with major swag.

Just you using the term "swag" tells me more about you

Jan 13, 2014, 3:56 PM

than anything else...coupled with the fact that you mixed up "swag" with "low-class"

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: Shaw

Jan 13, 2014, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Shaw ]

We? You got a mouse in your pocket?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw I think he just gets all excited when

Jan 13, 2014, 4:01 PM

he thinks of the ole ball sac without a shirt on

Jan 13, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Shaw ]

Haha. This guy has nothing better to do than to try and act like a Clemson fan.

Don't worry brother.... you'll never be one of us. Now go back to your lame life. Find something fun and respectable to do with yourself.

Jan 13, 2014, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Shaw ]

Tell 'em COOT !!!!

Don't feed the troll***

Jan 14, 2014, 6:02 AM [ in reply to Shaw ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't feed the troll***

Jan 14, 2014, 6:33 AM

I apologize. Sometimes I forget how hard they try to be heard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

"Tell em coot"

Jan 13, 2014, 3:56 PM

The clem5on fan just wanted his helmet signed by a QB thats actually capable of winning a rivalry game.

Nice to hear you reaffirm that as your

Jan 13, 2014, 3:57 PM

highest aspiration

DUH!!! After 115 years shouldn't reality set in????***

Jan 13, 2014, 4:08 PM

Re: "Tell em coot"

Jan 13, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to "Tell em coot" ]

Good thing he didn't want a QB that was capable of winning any kind of championship. I can go down to Walmart, buy an erector set, and have almost as much hardware as SCAR has in their entire history.

Yea, but you wouldn't have a 1969 championship banner.

Jan 13, 2014, 4:11 PM

THAT is special, a little ratty after all these years but still special.

Re: "Tell em coot"

Jan 14, 2014, 1:12 AM [ in reply to Re: "Tell em coot" ]

That's right! Clemson has all of the history on their side, and South Carolina is now the better football program. It's really quite simple, isn't it?

all things coot are simple***

Jan 14, 2014, 8:34 AM

Re: all things coot are simple***

Jan 14, 2014, 9:13 AM

cupton, I'm not going to rag on you like you expect me to do...I'll just remind you again, that whatever you say, whatever insults you want to hurl my way, deep down in the dark recesses of your mind...you really know (like all of America knows) that Dabo's football team is currently the second best program in this state. That is "simply" the truth.

Tell 'em coot***

Jan 13, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to "Tell em coot" ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed.. I would try to get Whitehurst

Jan 14, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to "Tell em coot" ]

To sign a helmet if he ever came by greenville. And merriweather..I regret not getting his autograph when I had a chance.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 13, 2014, 4:04 PM

How about visiting young cancer patients at MUSC? He get that from Spurrier too?

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Good for him.

Jan 13, 2014, 4:05 PM

Pretty much every team does this sort of thing.

Got nothing against Shaw but this is pretty common

Redacted.

Jan 13, 2014, 4:06 PM

Was proved wrong. Redacted.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Can you point out where I said

Jan 13, 2014, 4:09 PM

"nothing special"? Thanks I'll wait

I stand corrected.***

Jan 13, 2014, 4:09 PM

Re: I stand corrected.***

Jan 13, 2014, 4:10 PM

I offer you 2 TU's in reply.

Not necessary but I appreciate your

Jan 13, 2014, 4:14 PM

willingness to make a correction instead of dogedly* continuing

Message was edited by: CUtiger2012®

We can probably find pics of most college

Jan 13, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to I stand corrected.*** ]

players doing stuff like that, and while that's really cool and provides good warm fuzzies for each particular fan base, that doesn't give them a carte blanche* for other actions.

I still like Connor as a person though, nothing against him

Jan 13, 2014, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

Conner seems like a good kid. He has stayed out of trouble. Supposedly he has aspirations of joining the Army if he doesn't make it into the NFL. Looks like he does volunteer work.

Having said that, do you expect us to get all warm and fuzzy about him? If you want to brag on Conner Shaw, take it to the chicken board. This is a sports board, not a life in general board.

Message was edited by: summeyd®

Definitely not***

Jan 13, 2014, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

Jan 13, 2014, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

Who took the photos?

NO! Spurrier is a self-absorbed, pompous troll.***

Jan 14, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Conner Shaw gets it from Spurrier ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jan 13, 2014, 4:50 PM

Not a smart thing to do...

Does this thing with Shaw really bother y'all that much.

Jan 13, 2014, 9:43 PM

Here's the remedy: win. Until then I find it hard to have sour grapes over this stuff. I will say that they should act like they've been there before, but alas they never have been. I guess that's why I don't find any of their shenanigans to be surprising.

Re: Does this thing with Shaw really bother y'all that much.

Jan 14, 2014, 8:48 AM

> Here's the remedy: win. Until then I find it hard to
> have sour grapes over this stuff. I will say that
> they should act like they've been there before, but
> alas they never have been. I guess that's why I
> don't find any of their shenanigans to be surprising.

Yes, but will you feel that light-hearted about it after they've racked up 6 . . .7 . . .8 or more in-a-row?

Twenty four more and you are relevant

Jan 14, 2014, 8:50 AM

I Thought You Had a Pic of Drunk Spurrier With Conner

Jan 13, 2014, 10:29 PM

Bent Over a Tackling Dummy Getting the Old Ball Sack Rump Slappin'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2014, 11:45 PM

Thought you were going to say hepatitis C!

Accordong to who ? Coots?

Jan 14, 2014, 6:00 AM

The better football program ? That is so incorrect it made my list of top 5 things I heard today that are incorrect. A win streak means your team is playing better ball to be sure , but throwing the entire cart before the horse with that "better program" claim is a little ambitious don't you think ? I mean , when you have dominated a rival for 120+ yrs come talk to us about "better program" claims...until then how about some humility in your short lived success. Good grief the audacity of the Sakerlina trailer park crowd these days , old Sack really has the rancor at an all time high.
Did that better program win its BCS bowl game this year ? I wasn't paying attention admittedly , I can't keep up with all of those "better program accolades that must be flowing unchecked into the vast new trophy hall that Spurrier the Conqueror has constructed with all these great years he has raining down on Columbia . This just in ...NOPE.

DB23

Re: Accordong to who ? Coots?

Jan 14, 2014, 12:18 PM

Sorry tigerdug, we are the better program now and you're the only ones who can't see it.
Let's see:
Carolina has won 11 games 3 years straight. Has Clemson? No.
Carolina finished top 10 3 years straight..... Has Clem ever done that? Nope
Has Clem won 5 straight against their rival? Not since anyone that can use the internet has been alive.
Throw in better conference, better facilities, more money, and better coaches...
What am I missing here ?

It's just a game friend.

Jan 14, 2014, 12:29 PM

Football is something to enjoy as a pastime. What's the point of constantly talking about it. Good for you guys for what you've accomplished, but when it boils down to it it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Conner: demeanor, personality and future (insight)

Jan 14, 2014, 11:41 AM

I won't reveal my connection to him but i will say this....He isn't a bad kid. He has had a great college career. What is wrong with him having a little fun with it? Look, i know it is at our expense but he has never taken a dig at me that wasn't all in fun. I will say that it doesn't come natural to him. Like they say, it isn't bragging if you can back it up. He does not have the most dynamic personality outside of football so yes i do believe some of Slurrier has rubbed off on him. His dream was to play for SOS.

He is down in Atlanta training for the combine at CES Performance. He will be playing in the NFLPA bowl this weekend. On the weekends he has a few signings around the state. For this he earns a nice check. He is doing a commercial for the SC state lottery and for a car dealer in Cootville. Say what you will but he is going to make some $ at these signings and the commercials. I guarantee anyone reading this that had the same opportunity would do as he has. Will he get drafted? Who knows but it is hard to deny that he is anything other than a winner. I am as solid Orange as it gets BTW. Many of you are probably too young to remember the hated Steve Tanneyhill and the autograph of the paw. That was far worse than signing this helmet IMO

I will tell you since you asked.

Jan 14, 2014, 12:31 PM

You are missing conference championships. You are missing divisional championships. You missed every single chance at the BCS . You are missing trophy case inclusions..but most of all you are missing the reality of the known fact that you have been the #2 team in the Palmetto State for over 1.25 centuries and despite your vehemently boisterous nature as a fanbase , nobody in America respects your team , your coach or your piddling , forgettable imaginary accomplishments.

Laughing at the hi-5. Thats temporary for the Coots and we all know it.

DB23

That matters to you...

Jan 14, 2014, 12:32 PM

but does it matter to him?

Re: I will tell you since you asked.

Jan 14, 2014, 12:59 PM [ in reply to I will tell you since you asked. ]

No gamecock fan can argue that Clem used to be the better team. For all your talk about conf championships, how many has Clem won in the last 20 years?
Sorry bud, Clem is the #2 team in the state, I believe the recent head to head matchups have proven this. But maybe I'm crazy for looking at on field results to determine which program is on top. No Gamecock can say we're better historically. No Clem fan can say the tigers are better now

Jan 14, 2014, 12:34 PM

He's just making his fans happy- it's the kind of stuff they dig. No biggie. Some people get bent out of shape too easily.

I THOUGHT I respected Shaw - turns out he's just a prick...

Jan 14, 2014, 12:35 PM

like his coach.

Blame it on the "SEC schedule " in

Jan 14, 2014, 12:37 PM

DB23

We can also claim

Jan 14, 2014, 12:44 PM

Smoke and mirrors accomplishments. Tigers havent lost to any unranked opponents since 11/2011 , thats over 2 years of beating who you ought to.
Tennessee .
See what I did there ? I took the mighty Dpecks down a notch by reminding them that they were beaten by essentialy the equal of NC State...no offense to the Pack because the Vols are godawful right now.

DB23

Re: We can also claim

Jan 14, 2014, 1:00 PM

Point remains: Tigers can't beat the only relevant football Carolina in the past 5 tries, even with their greatest all-time QB and receiver. South Carolina did pull a Clemson against UT, no doubt, but the final polls just confirmed again what all rational fans across the nation already know...South Carolina is the premier football program in this state. See what I did there?

Re: We can also claim

Jan 14, 2014, 1:18 PM [ in reply to We can also claim ]

2 years of beating who you're supposed to beat huh? Well I guess we agree then. You shouldn't beat South Carolina, and you haven't, thanks for proving my point

Jan 14, 2014, 1:20 PM

Gets what....a reach around?!!! :)

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic