Topic: Congrats Gary Woodland
Replies: 7   Last Post: Jun 17, 2019 10:02 AM by: 2000®
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Congrats Gary Woodland

[1]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 10:06 PM

Was kind pulling for Koepka but well deserved.

Well done, for Woodland...but

[2]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 10:09 PM

There's little doubt at this point that Koepka is who everyone will be watching for the foreseeable future at the majors. He seem to know how to 'lock and load'...pretty impressive.

Re: Well done, for Woodland...but

[2]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 10:22 PM

both are amazing players

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

The way Koepka started I thought he was going to

[3]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Catch Rose and Woodland on the front nine!!!

His approach shots and some tee shots put him in catch up mode on several holes. He is definitely the strongest player at this time . . . Woodland just had the goods this weekend!!!

Loved in his interview after the tournament when asked about hitting the 3-wood on 14 . . . He simply said he decided to play to win!!!

2019 white level member

Re: The way Koepka started I thought he was going to

[1]
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 2:05 AM

That 3-wood shot was great !! And then he rolled in the bird on 18 !

2019 purple level member

Re: Congrats Gary Woodland

[1]
Posted: Jun 16, 2019 10:51 PM

For a guy who had gone 0-7 with the lead he maintained his composure and kept the lead in a US Open he played great. Best Open I have seen in quite awhile. No brown greens hard as the interstate, but difficult. Finally, the USGA got it right.

[1]
Posted: Jun 17, 2019 12:03 AM

Excellent and gutsy playing by Woodland. I know Mike Davis (USGA top dog) fairly well and he took a lot of heat over the years for course set-ups. This year they did get it right. Maybe they have gotten over the fact that finishing under par is not a negative reflection on the Open championship.

Posted: Jun 17, 2019 10:02 AM

I agree. Both played amazingly well. Woodland's putting was unbelievable. However, one would have thought alley cat Tiger Woods was near the lead because they constantly mentioned him. Don't know why the other players don't have something to say about that.

2019 purple level member

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have 4 season tickets in section TDG, row E.....these are AISLE SEATS and have SEAT BACKS since th...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
729 people have read this post