Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Confirmed “Suprise”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Confirmed “Suprise”

Dec 18, 2018, 8:35 PM

Anna just confirmed on 247 that the surprise commit is 3-star OT Kaleb Boateng. Important pickup at a serious position of need. A little disappointed it wasn’t a higher rated guy, but very pleased the coaches are at least trying to address the OLine issue. She also picked Clemson as Putnam’s destination, fwiw

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Confirmed “Suprise”

Dec 18, 2018, 8:37 PM

I wonder why this had to be kept secret

Dec 18, 2018, 8:47 PM

Because they know we like surprises! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe the kid asked for that since it was so

Dec 18, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Confirmed “Suprise” ]

I'll take it

Dec 18, 2018, 8:40 PM

3 bodies makes me feel a lot better about depth than just having Rayburn by his lonesome. It looks like we’ve addressed some of the recruiting strategy decisions that got us into a little bit of trouble this year for the 2020 OL class. A Tyler Davis, Boateng, Putnam close with Crouch possibly being extra would be a great finish.

Re: I'll take it

Dec 18, 2018, 8:44 PM

She’s also very confident we land Davis, as well. Putnam will likely not announce until Thursday, but may tell the coaching staff he chooses by tomorrow evening. We all need to remember that this is just the 1st signing day, and there are a handful of guys who won’t sign until February. 3-star OT Darius Washington (Miss St Commit), who I really like, comes to mind. Doug Nester, current OSU commit, is another guy we should pursue for February. He’s been receptive to Penn St and V Tech reaching out to him, why not Clemson? Also, like you said, I’m very happy to see us jump on some very good OLine guys early for 2020. Tchio is awesome, and Williams and Parks will be very good. We’re in a great spot to land Mitchell Mayes as well, along with Jalen Rivers and Marcus Dumervil, all high 4-stars.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:41 PM

You’re kidding? No offense but looking at his offer sheet you’d think he was a basketball player.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 18, 2018, 8:46 PM

No sir, I am not. His offer sheet is a little lackluster, and it’s not the flashy surprise we all wanted, but it does address a position of need, and if nothing else, gives us a little depth. 2020 is looking fantastic for OLine recruiting, so 2019 just needs to generate some depth at this point. Also, our odds are increasing with Putnam the longer he waits. We shall see...

Anna will change her mind 3 times

Dec 18, 2018, 8:45 PM

On the same guy. She couldn’t pick an apple out of a barrel of oranges if she cheated

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anna will change her mind 3 times

Dec 18, 2018, 8:47 PM

Sometimes is because info changes rapidly, like it did with Fritzche. And then sometimes it’s to bring in some clicks and some new subscribers. Whatever the case, she’s usually really accurate

Hope she's right about Putnam

Dec 18, 2018, 8:49 PM

This kid at 6'4' right @ 300lbs won't be a bad addition

https://247sports.com/Player/Kaleb-Boateng-46048915/

Hope Darius Washington still visits. Word is ,he's not signing tomorrow

https://247sports.com/player/darius-washington-46051138/

Re: Hope she's right about Putnam

Dec 18, 2018, 8:56 PM

Would love to see us pursue Washington, and at least reach out to Doug Nester. I mean come on, he’s listening to VT. Some guys have also hinted at us looking to add another edge rusher, assuming we miss on Crouch. Would be interested to see who they go after there too.

DW is supposedly lining up a Clemson visit

Dec 18, 2018, 8:59 PM

Crouch ? I think they replace him with OL recruit. taking 5 lb's and maybe 2 RB's already

Re: Hope she's right about Putnam

Dec 18, 2018, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Hope she's right about Putnam ]

It’s been reported that Washington visited Clemson last weekend. I suspect we game him a lot to think about, hence the delay in deciding.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks !

Dec 18, 2018, 9:01 PM

Dec 18, 2018, 8:50 PM

if a 3 star guy is a surprise then I shouldn't get my hopes up much for the rest of signing day

These 24 plus a few more will sign for sure tomorrow.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:52 PM

Coaches really don't give a Fock if you're excited or not

https://247sports.com/college/clemson/Season/2019-Football/Commits/

Dec 18, 2018, 8:51 PM

Have you guys looked at his tape. Quick feet, and loves contact. He's a keeper!

Dec 18, 2018, 8:53 PM

Rayburn, Putnam, Boetend, and 1 other would be a great OL class imo.

Dec 18, 2018, 8:57 PM

Yes it would be. Somewhat contingent on Putnam. If he’s in this class, it’s a win, imo. If we miss on Putnam, that definitely stings a little. Still want to see us pursue Darius Washington and Doug Nester.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic