Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comments on the Antonio Brown fiasco?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Comments on the Antonio Brown fiasco?

Aug 14, 2019, 9:01 AM

Mine is: The Dum Bass should just go ahead and retire. It is obvious to me that he doesn't really want to play anymore, and is coming up with every ridiculous excuse under the sun to keep from doing so. If I was Raiders ownership, I would be willing to eat 30 million in cap space just to put him in NFL timeout and keep him away from the team, even though that partially gives him what he wants. Even Cle, Renfrow, and Trayvon probably could not overcome that locker room cancer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Much ado about nothing

Aug 14, 2019, 9:03 AM

He found a helmet that works for him. He is a potential cancer but he's also an elite WR until proven otherwise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That helmet still may not be approved by the NFL

Aug 14, 2019, 10:04 AM

so it ain't over yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

He should understand the 'old helmet'

Aug 14, 2019, 9:04 AM

Has clearly scrambled his gray matter. A few years in concussion protocol is warranted.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe he did it in a more professional manner but Brady wasn’t happy about it either.

Aug 14, 2019, 9:07 AM

I guess he never threatened to retire though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comments on the Antonio Brown fiasco?

Aug 14, 2019, 9:10 AM

As a Steeler fan I hope that Antonio finds happiness and fulfillment in all of his future endeavors .
I wish nothing but the absolute soul-nourishing best for AB .

Really .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 14, 2019, 9:12 AM

Dug, how can you steer the boat with your growing nose pushing you out of the control room?

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 9:19 AM

We have an external steering apparatus . Think joystick on a 30 ft wire .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 14, 2019, 9:52 AM

Being from the south, never been a Steelers fan, but I would not mind seeing them do very well this year, just to spite AB.

I used to be a Jets fan, until the Texans became Clemson West. Now, add the Raiders to that.

"I would be willing to eat 30 million"

Aug 14, 2019, 9:13 AM

Sure you would

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "I would be willing to eat 30 million"

Aug 14, 2019, 9:15 AM

My theory is he is acting this way due to Renfrow possibly out playing him this year and he is looking for excuses on why he is not the best WR on the team. Just my take though.

30 million to people wealthy enough to throw away part of

Aug 14, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to "I would be willing to eat 30 million" ]

their fortune owning a pro football team is pocket change.

They aren't going to cut a guy that they spent two

Aug 14, 2019, 10:11 AM

draft picks to acquire and currently accounts for nearly 8% of their cap space. 30 million might not be a ton of money to an NFL owner but they aren't going to just flush it down the toilet either. The situation would have to get incredibly bad for that to happen.

These coaches, GMs, and ownders all have egos and reputations too and they aren't going to want the egg on their face that would come with trading for AB, giving him 30mil guaranteed, and then cutting him before he played a snap.

On top of all that, they are moving to Vegas next year and they will surely want a splashy WR like AB out there when they relocate. He's going to get a ton of leash because they are likely pretty desperate for this Brown trade to work out.

Re: They aren't going to cut a guy that they spent two

Aug 14, 2019, 4:32 PM

If he doesn't play because of a non-conforming helmet (although he won't do that), why would he be owed a red cent. They are paying him to play, not to fly to California and sit around and watch practice until he decides he doesn't want to play. I think he is going to be a huge distraction to the team ..... already is!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There seems to be some disconnect in Raiders Management

Aug 14, 2019, 9:22 AM

(SURPRISE)! They draft Cle, Trayvon, and Hunter, saying they want to change the culture, and yet went out of their way to acquire the roving Nutcase that is Antonio Brown. I guess we will see whether good can overcome evil.

Re: There seems to be some disconnect in Raiders Management

Aug 14, 2019, 9:59 AM

They got what they wanted from Clemson this year - good defensive players and a clutch receiver. Tee Higgins may be available to them next draft then they can send Brown out to pasture if they desire.

Brown's actions are a joke.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 9:54 AM

He is fine. He is back. People will watch the Raiders more now. That said, can Carr get him the ball as much as he wants? Could be some trouble brewing if not?

Aug 14, 2019, 11:43 AM

Here I am at the bottom of the thread just wondering what ABrown did??

FWIW - I thought his only role on the team was to prompt questions about Hunter.

That is enough for me......

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic