Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Comcast and the ACC network (Comcast’s stance).
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,035

Comcast and the ACC network (Comcast’s stance).

Oct 22, 2019, 9:58 PM

What’s happening with ACC Network?

For years, Atlantic Coast Conference sports aired on ESPN and other networks at no additional cost to customers. Now, ESPN has launched the ACC Network, a new TV network that will carry some of the ACC games. Unfortunately, they are demanding a large fee to carry it. This would mean that all customers, even those who do not watch ACC sports, would need to pay more.

Many ACC games are still available on broadcast and cable channels without the new network. However, in support of our customers, Comcast will not carry the ACC Network until we reach an agreement at a fair and reasonable cost.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Comcast and the ACC network (Comcast’s stance).

Oct 22, 2019, 10:04 PM

Dude - you have to dump them unless there is someone in your life that refuses to let you (i.e. wife).

Stream cable and enjoy the savings. F the comcast.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That stance is stupid

Oct 22, 2019, 10:13 PM

Because with Comcast, in order to get ESPN, you must also get E!, Esquire, FYI, Hallmark, TLC, TruTv and We among others. Not sure about you, but those would be 7 channels that I wouldn't even put in my guide list that I would be forced to purchase in order to get ESPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 10:19 PM

I went to Youtube TV & never looked back, for sports they have they have:
your local Fox, ABC, CBS & NBC affiliates, TBS & TNT, ESPN, ESPN 2, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPN U, ESPN News, FS1, FS2, NBCSN, your local NBC Sports affiliate, NBA TV, MLB TV, Bih Ten Network, CBS Sports, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel & the Tennis Channel

and at 49.95 a month it's cheaper than cable

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2019, 10:47 PM

But you have to have internet and Comcast is my only choice for that and it is a minimum $99 per month so now I’m at $150. Why not just pay another $35 per month and not have to give up my remote control and worry about streaming speeds and get cable on 6 different TVs? This is why I still haven’t kicked them out. I went many years only seeing Clemson on TV a few times a year. Now I just tune in on my cell phone a few games a year.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:02 PM

Very very true... That's why i am still hanging on. But i can stream ACCN through in laws cable sub.

Oct 22, 2019, 11:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Comcast and the ACC network (Comcast’s stance). ]

oh you got the bundle, that's rough, ###### if you do & ###### if you don't

Oct 23, 2019, 12:02 AM

Why not have it a pay to add for each household like HBO? People who want it will gladly pay $5 per month.
PLUS Spectrum and other cable companies don't seem to have a problem adding it. What makes Comcast so different?

Signed a customer ready to switch.

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic