»
Topic: College basketball needs to be able to change calls from replay
Replies: 5   Last Post: Feb 16, 2020 10:25 PM by: CmoneyTiger
[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

College basketball needs to be able to change calls from replay

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 8:04 PM

State was down one. BC stole it but clearly went out of bounds. Ended up with a fast break dunk to go up 3. They can't review the out of bounds call. Just stupid that they can't review something like that in the last minute of a game.

Re: College basketball needs to be able to change calls from replay

[1]
Posted: Feb 16, 2020 8:09 PM

Replay in sporting events is destroying the flow of the game. Each time they stop for replay is like giving both teams a timeout.
When a team has played their heart out and have the other team beat down and you give them a timeout through replay it can change the whole flow of the game.
Stop all replay and make the officials do their job.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 8:42 PM

I disagree. If we can make a call late in the game be right when we know it was wrong before reviewing it we should. I think it should only be late in games but they should be able to overturn a play like that. Refs make mistakes. Video doesn't lie.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 8:52 PM

As you said, refs make mistakes. They're human.

Players make mistakes and coaches make mistakes for the same reason.

It's a game. Mistakes happen. Replay was implemented because people think one set of humans involved in the game needs to be perfect (and because TV thinks they are part of the game). As another poster noted, it destroys the flow of the game. I wish it would go away.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 10:25 PM

There is a difference in a player making a mistake and a ref making a mistake. Players are playing the game refs are officiating it. I think it should be quicker when they review but having the ability to review plays and just saying no let's let calls be wrong and change the outcome of a game because the ref missed a call is idiotic. I would love to respect your opinion but to not use the technology we have to make the game be officiated correctly is asinine.

Posted: Feb 16, 2020 8:09 PM

Even worse that the refs can call that right (though I didnt see it)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: I have not got anything about buying football tickets for This year. In the mail. Maybe they are w...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Basketball ]
Start New Topic
586 people have read this post