Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Close wins opinion of mine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,326

Close wins opinion of mine

Sep 19, 2018, 8:45 PM

I get it, again we have a closer than it should've been game. But Dabo wants us to have experience throughout the roster. We have had EXTREMELY successful seasons ever since 2014. Easily could've hung 60 last weekend and probably won more convincingly against A&M. But our young guys are getting REAL snaps not end of the game snaps against tired teams. TL is normally in during the 1st quarter, Justyn Ross was in during the first quarter, Galloway was in on the first drive, etc. This is how we sustain our success and Dabo doesn't care about the score he just wants to continue to win by playing the long term and as much fun is it is to win by 60 and dominate it shows during the second half of the season once starters get banged up and we start having to play the younger guys and they're starstruck a bit as expected, playing these young guys takes a lot of wear and tear off of our starters as last year we couldn't as much and so many of our defensive guys were playing at 70% they said because we didn't have the ability to rotate as much as this year. I love a good blowout win in our favor but I like winning every year a lot more. Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Close wins opinion of mine

Sep 19, 2018, 8:56 PM

I agree. Some folks just don't get this.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:04 PM

Wins go in the W column, and losses go in the L column, regardless of the final score. Put more marks in the W, rather than the L, and that’s all that matters.

Playing the “new guys” early and often is beneficial down the road for depth, no doubt, but don’t think for a second that some (maybe most) of these higher profile recruits, expected and were promised, early playing time. If they get that time, and do well, future high profile recruits notice that. These boys wanna play ball and win from day 1, Period. Dabo is doing both.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 9:16 PM

I love blow outs myself but, one point will win any game, and I don't want blow outs more than I want our younger guys getting experience that we will need as the season goes along, and especially during the championship part of the season when we will be playing better teams, and we will be able to keep fresh legs in the game bc of the experience the younger guys have gotten in the early part of the season... If a starter gets injured, the #2 guys goes in, and if it's early in the game, you need to have a #3 guy ready, and that is why Dabo has made the choice of getting younger guys ready over having blow out games. You have to take the good with the not so good, and the good is that we are 3 or 4 deep nearing the end of the season when championship FB has to be played to have a chance at winning it all. I'll take experience over blow outs any time of the season over who ever!!!
We To DEEP!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NEXT MAN UP!

Sep 19, 2018, 9:29 PM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Sep 19, 2018, 10:41 PM

We have been doing this more and more each year! This will pay off when it counts, remember when Louisville’s QB was the talk of college football in 2016 and Deshaun was much better but didn’t get the attention until the last part of the year when we were perfect and won the National Championship!

Imagine how much injuries could hurt Alabama and UGay on their defenses later in the year especially at LB and DT.

We will be fresh and deep, so Dabo is the best coach in all of college football period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,326
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic