»
Topic: Clemson's Win Over UVa Keeps Bowl Hopes Alive
Replies: 9   Last Post: Nov 23, 2008 10:29 AM by: bburns3rd
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Clemson's Win Over UVa Keeps Bowl Hopes Alive

[1]
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 5:36 PM

Clemson's Win Over UVa Keeps Bowl Hopes Alive

The Clemson Tigers took another huge step toward bowl eligibility, and perhaps a permanent head coaching job for Dabo Swinney, on Saturday at Scott Stadium in Charlottesville. Full Story »

2018 admin level member

Just one more game***

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 5:41 PM

2018 student level member

David Hood, what play were you watching on the ......

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 6:57 PM

touchdown pass that was called back???? That was the most obvious case of a WR pushing off that I have ever seen. To state that replays didn't support the call is ridiculous. That was absolutely the right call and I'm surprised the lame ACC officiating crew got it right.

I wouldn't go so far as saying the MOST obvious

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 7:37 PM

pass interference, because I have seen pushoffs that were more obvious and not get called. Now, with that said, it was a pushoff, it did keep Chambers from making a play, and it was a good call.

Pete Yannity and Merritt didn't see it that way...

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 8:21 PM

Not that they are an authority or anything, but they basically said we got away with one. I had it recorded and it just watched it and thought it looked like a good call.

I thought it was a bad pass int call.***

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 8:24 PM

Billy McMullen push off

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 9:01 PM

Seems like several years ago UVA beat us with a push off in the endzone by a WR named Billy McMullen. The next year we had one very similar and got away with it for the win. Anyone else remember that?

Re: David Hood, what play were you watching on the ......

[1]
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 9:37 PM

The bad call was on the interference called on Butler. That ball should have been deemed uncatchable, as it landed well past the sideline in a steep trajectory.

agreed completely

Posted: Nov 22, 2008 10:29 PM

Was at the game today, and that ball landed well out of bounds, and well past the receiver.

TigerXJ
Clemson University Class of 2007
UNC-CH SOM Class of 2011
Life's Journey is not to arrive at the Grave Safely in a Well Preserved Body. But Rather to Launch Airborne, Land Hard, Slide in Sideways, Totally Worn Out and Thrashed, Screaming "Holy Shit What a Ride!!!"

Re: David Hood, what play were you watching on the ......

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 10:29 AM

How can you say "we got away with one" on that play. Sadat was clearly in position to make a play on the ball, and the receiver stiff armed him from making downfield progress in the air. Sadat most likely would have at least got a piece of that ball. How many times do you see a receiver catch a ball standing still at the time with a dback on the ground in front of him?

Replies: 9  
Clemson Gear
Clemson Gear

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 LOWER LEVEL Season Tickets together. Section T, Row W. Easy access, great view. $1075 each. Locate...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3205 people have read this post