Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Oregon - elite talent development
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Clemson vs Oregon - elite talent development

Apr 23, 2019, 6:39 AM

This is an excellent article. Clemson has the highest percentage of elite prospects, aka top 247 out of high school, to be taken in the NFL draft. Clemson and Oregon both have had 18 elite 247 prospects over the past 5 years according to this article. Clemson has an absurd 61.1% hit rate. More than double what Oregon has at 27.8%. That number will only increase with this upcoming draft.

Very interesting article. It shows that which we all already knew. Dabo and the staff does more with what the so called experts deem less, or Dabo and the staff are just better at evaluating talent. Doesn't matter either way. Dabo and the staff are just doing it better than anyone.

DJ has to know that he can more than double his odds of being drafted and being drafted highly by choosing Clemson right, lol?

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-development-Top247-2019-NFL-Draft-Alabama-Clemson-Florida-131413816/

Message was edited by: ctigers_fan

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s a good point you’re making

Apr 23, 2019, 6:47 AM

But QB’s are different and Oregon is going to have a first rounder next year too. DJ could go work at McDonald’s for 3 years and still get drafted because any team will take the chance on his measurables. He’s a prototypical NFL QB in terms of size already.

Short of legal problems (which based on everything I’ve read about him seems almost impossible) or really bad injury, it’s almost a guarantee DJ will get drafted in the NFL even if he went to a D3 school.

Re: It’s a good point you’re making

Apr 23, 2019, 6:53 AM

You are correct and in this early morning hour I was negleting that frame of thought. Though the talent and the talent development of his teammates around him and his chance of greater success lies with Clemson. Which we all knew, but now see it in the form of a statistical breakdown.

Correct

Apr 23, 2019, 6:59 AM

It’s good to have stats do back that up but if I was in charge of the recruiting pitch that’s how I would frame it. Other than all the other great things about Clemson, he’s not going to have to feel like he’s carrying the team. At Clemson he will be surrounded by talent that’s proven to be very effectively developed to make his job easier while making him look even better for NFL scouts.

Surprising that the coots and Clemson have the same

Apr 23, 2019, 11:05 AM

number of top 247 players. It just seems like we have had more top players than them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic