Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Clemson vs Notre Dame

Dec 16, 2018, 8:59 PM

When I look at the 4 teams that gave ND the most trouble, I see some similarities. Pitt was the one outlier but I’ll get to that too.
Michigan, Vandy & USC were all in the game against ND. What do they all have in common? They can all throw the ball. Can Clemson throw the ball? Yes.
Pitt was a different story. Pitt played smash mouth Pitt football and led 14-12 after 3 qtrs. Can Clemson play smash mouth football? Yes. The most common missing piece from every team that ND faced was the ability to pressure the QB. Can Clemson pressure the QB? You better believe it. ND won a lot of games by winnig the turnover margin.
Here’s how I see it. Clemson runs the ball better than anyone ND has seen. Clemson applies more pressure on opposing offenses than anyone ND has seen, sacks and tackles for loss. Clemson stuffs the run better than anyone ND has seen. So i just don’t buy that Book is gonna slice and dice us while he’s under more pressure than he’s seen all year. Yes Michigan was good on D this year, but they were not great on sacks or TFL. Look it up. Book will not have that luxury with us.
Also, which QB has ND faced that would strike more fear in a defense than TL? I’d say that’s a big fat NONE. So we’ve got the run game, scoring offense, run stuffing, tackles for loss, sacks, scoring defense and an incredibly talented albeit young QB in our favor and we’re supposed to be afraid? Well.......we’re not.
None of this is intended as a slam on ND. I think ND is quite good. I just don’t think they’ve seen anything close to this Clemson team. I’m supposed to be in fear of a team that was out gained by Vandy? That’s right, Vandy.
Has ND been good at pressuring QB’s this year? Nope. Those are the reasons I think the Tigers take this one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs Notre Dame

Dec 16, 2018, 9:32 PM

I get all of that but two of their games that you speak off were with back-up QB. Also, you fail to mention that ND is probably the best team we have seen as well. Their QB accuracy scares me a bit. Cuse could throw the ball, granted Dungy got knocked out early, he did throw a pic on his second drive and almost threw one on his first drive. I have a bad feeling about this game and I'm scared we we are underestimating them. I hope I'm wrong. TL better go off.

Dec 16, 2018, 9:32 PM

I get all of that but two of their games that you speak off were with back-up QB. Also, you fail to mention that ND is probably the best team we have seen as well. Their QB accuracy scares me a bit. Cuse could throw the ball, granted Dungy got knocked out early, he did throw a pic on his second drive and almost threw one on his first drive. I have a bad feeling about this game and I'm scared we we are underestimating them. I hope I'm wrong. TL better go off.

Dec 16, 2018, 9:52 PM

ND is not really strong against the run and I expect ETN to have a great day. If they are in the playoff obviously they are one of the better teams we will play but your post sounds cootish. Virginia may be a test for the cooters u think?

Dec 16, 2018, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Notre Dame ]

They were letting Ball St get pressure on the QB.

Them boys are in trouble. No other way to slice it.

What a few of their condensed games. Nothing really to be scared of here.

We would have to implode for this to be a game much less Lose to these guys.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson vs Notre Dame ]

Wimbush was their backup QB for the first three games of the season? If that’s the argument you want to make, then I’d counter that their Coach was stupid for starting their backup QB for the first three games. He wasn’t the backup QB, he was the starting QB that was replaced by the backup QB that was playing better. Exactly the same thing Clemson had. The difference in the game is going to be our balanced offense is better than ND’s. And our defense will bring more pressure than the Irish can handle.

Dec 16, 2018, 11:53 PM

Oh and Books accuracy? Yeh he’s accurate, 70%. Trevor is 65%. So what’s that gonna mean? He’s gonna complete 1 or 2 more passes in a game? Well whoop-de-doo!!! Trevor has more yds (+250), more TD’s (+5) and less interceptions (-2) than Book. So who’s accuracy is putting points on the board?

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic