»
Topic: Clemson vs FSU game advice needed...
Replies: 4   Last Post: Oct 15, 2018 11:16 AM by: o2bnclemson
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 4  

Clemson vs FSU game advice needed...

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 10:23 AM

My wife and I are considering attending the game this year, and I was wanting to know from someone who has been there if it’s worth the trip. Are there any interesting things to do other than the game? Are the fans nice?

Re: Clemson vs FSU game advice needed...

[1]
Posted: Oct 15, 2018 10:27 AM

there was a lot of hurricane damage in Tallahassee. So not sure what you may run into.

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 10:43 AM

Do they even have power yet?

2018 white level member

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 11:12 AM

I have several friends and some family in Tallahassee. Most of the city has power now and that much should be completely resolved by game-time. The main damage there was downed trees. Those should be taken care of by gametime, too.

Tallahassee is a nice town. There's not really anything else to do there other than the game, though. The coast is usually nice, but probably best to stay away from that for a while since they got pretty torn up.

As far as unique things to do there, I lived there for 12 years and I can't think of one (one of many reasons I no longer live there!).

The fans are generally nice

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 11:16 AM

There's the idiots here and there, like any crowd, but for the most part, they're good people. They know they're not queen of the prom anymore, so that has brought them down a few notches.

Campus is in the middle of downtown, so tailgating isn't like it is at Clemson, but it's not bad. It's fun to see the Seminole come out at the beginning of the game and plant the flaming spear in the turf - pretty cool tradition. And a good precursor to our D-line planting Francois in the turf later on!

Maybe the best advantage to going is getting a photo of yourselves by their "Unconquerable" statue after we whoop them :)

Replies: 4  
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
396 people have read this post