Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson rankings...AP Poll never has any logic
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,455

Clemson rankings...AP Poll never has any logic

Sep 24, 2014, 5:40 PM

It drives me nuts how the poll often works. When you lose matters more than anything else.

But beyond that, it drives me nuts how sEcSPN has been griping all this September on why don't colleges play better competition early on Then we have arguably one of the toughest schedules the first few weeks of the season (not necessarily the whole season) and we have 8 bad mins against UGA (that we were ranked/picked to do) and beat ourselves against #1 (read: theoretically everyone else is worse) FSU (granted, missing their best player)and we are unranked???

How in the world does that make any sense? We played the tough schedule, gave them the good games they wanted, then they reward us by throwing us out of the polls. Baylor, Arizona State, etc? Who have they played?

We aren't a top 5 team at this point in the season, but we're at least 15-ish range, even with a losing record based on how we played against well ranked competition and roll inferior competition. You do what you are ranked/picked to do, and they dock you for losing instead of verifying that's about where you fit.

We're definitely NOT "Clemsoning" anymore, that's for sure. That moniker belongs on someone else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everyone doesn't get a trophy

Sep 24, 2014, 5:51 PM

You have to win. Do you really think any SEC team would be ranked with a 1-2 record and the one win against an fbs school? A loss to #12 by 24 and a loss to FSU during a week they had a million distractions and were without thier best player. Ranked teams don't snap the ball backwards 20 yards when your close to winning.

No matter how close we came against FSU, we are 1-2

Sep 24, 2014, 6:10 PM

I think we are a good team and will get better over the season, and if we win against UNC/NC State/Louisville we will almost certainly be back in the Top 25. But right now the only team we've beaten is SC State, so not really much to go on.

GO TIGERS

Yeah if we lost to #1 and #2 we'd still be unranked

Sep 25, 2014, 8:32 AM

They just ain't gonna keep a team with a losing record ranked

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson rankings...AP Poll never has any logic

Sep 25, 2014, 6:05 AM

You're right. If we were in the SEC, we'd be in the top 15. Funny how that works. How do you play the #1 team in the nation to a draw and not even get recognized in the top 25? Either we need to be in the top 25, or FSU doesn't deserve to be #1.What they're saying is, the #1 team in the nation played 4 quarters, never had the lead, had MINUS yards rushing, played an offense against a team with a freshman quarterback, running backs, and receivers, and is still the #1 team in the nation and that teams not even in the top 25?!?! BS

Sep 25, 2014, 8:44 AM

Can you find an example of an SEC team ranked in the top 25 with a 1-2 record and the 1 being an FCS team?

For years the AP polls were the only rankings, and even

Sep 25, 2014, 6:13 AM

in those days, often times they made little sense.

I have long surmised that since most of the voters see only the scores of games, they base their votes upon just that: scores. Then they factor in win/loss records. Were they given several days to review games then you might see some adjustments. However, the fact that the polls are normally released around noon on Sunday reinforce my thinking.

That's why I believe our next couple of games are important, if we even care about the polls, and why those games need to be blowouts in our favor, regardless of our opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU won (didn't have JW) and UGA blew us out in the 4th Q***

Sep 25, 2014, 6:28 AM

I swear I saw him about 50% of the time on camera coaching.

Sep 25, 2014, 8:54 AM

Could have been a look-a-like tho.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We not SEC***

Sep 25, 2014, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2014, 8:53 AM

SCAR would have been out at 1-2 if they lost to Georgia and they beat a much better team in Ecu then we did. But they got it done when it was all on the line- we didnt.

Sep 25, 2014, 12:23 PM

lucky for them UGA was in Columbia and decided to have a collective brain fartin the last few minutes of the game.

who have we beaten so far?***

Sep 25, 2014, 11:39 AM

georgia stomped us..get over it

Sep 25, 2014, 1:00 PM

we had what, 3 first downs and 15 total yards in the second half?.georgia had a full game's worth of stats in the second half..they killed us in the half that matters most.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic