Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is overrated (per USA Today)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Clemson is overrated (per USA Today)

Sep 19, 2018, 1:24 PM

What an idiot

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/sports/ncaaf/2018/09/19/hot-take-clemson-overrated/1356561002/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wonder what his Tnet handle is.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

tigertyler95

Sep 19, 2018, 3:43 PM

HTH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says

Sep 19, 2018, 1:29 PM

in that video?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Not if you're being honest***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:32 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says

Sep 19, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

No, except that we're not a top 5 team. Only disagreement with his assessment.

That's fair. I disagree with that as well, but I don't

Sep 19, 2018, 1:52 PM

disagree with his reasoning as to why he thinks we're not playing like a top 5 team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 19, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

Yes, we did not have to play our starters in the 4th quarter vs GSU. In fact we started playing 2nd and 3rd string in the first quarter.

2nd it wasn't the road environment that caused problems at A&M, it could have exasperated it, but it was a missed 4th and 1 on the goal line and a conservative approach in the 2nd half that kept them in the game.

null

We did have to play our starters in the 4th quarter because

Sep 19, 2018, 2:03 PM

GSU scored a TD, had momentum and the score was 24-7. We were playing GSU, Travis Etienne and Trevor Lawrence should not have to play in the 4th quarter.

Regarding TAMU, isn't a missed 4th and 1 on the goal line from a botched snap the type of thing he's talking about when he says we're not playing like a top 5 team?

not only did we play them early-- Galloway(battling for 3rd

Sep 19, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

string TE with 2 others) and Ross(now up to tie for 2nd string) were in on the first drive and the both were responsible for that drive ending on the INT. Galloway missed the block and Ross didn't get in front of the receiver.

We're not playing to impress writers- it will not impact our standing with the CFP. We are playing to get better so that we can competed for a NC when it matters.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

Us not playing to our standards, no...

His assessment of who was playing yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT80kZoPpJo

He mentions about 1st strings being out there late in the GSU game, like there were the whole game....The play where Ross made the TD shows how inaccurate that is and how many reserves are actually playing. The play was in the 2nd quarter.

- OL is all 1st string minus Pollard.
- 2nd string QB (Lawrence) passing to 3rd string WR Ross for the TD.
- The 4th string RB (Lyn J Dixon )pass blocking
- 3rd string WR Kendrick at one of the boundaries (he's the #10 you see running up at the end of the play)
- #1 was also seen at the end of the play, so that puts 2nd string Trevion Thompson on the field.
- #44 lined up lower on the screen when the play starts is 2nd string TE Williams.

So that makes our receiver 4 out there two 2nd strings and two 3rd strings, and our running back a 4th string guy, with a 2nd string QB at the helm. Practically, the only 1st string on the field was 4 of the 5 OL (Hyatt, Simpson, Falcinelli, and Anchrum)...all in one play.

^^^Anyone giving this answer is completely missing the

Sep 19, 2018, 2:46 PM

point. The point is that we were playing GSU and we were only up 24-7 in the 4th quarter. Trevor Lawrence was still in the game and Travis Etienne took over.

Re: ^^^Anyone giving this answer is completely missing the

Sep 19, 2018, 2:49 PM

Oh, I get that point, I've said that myself on here. Note I agreed on "not playing to our standard", which means I got that....but he's also basically talking about it like he's looking for the complete blowouts, and then talks about the 1st strings being in late. That says he's expecting the normal type of run, where you play mainly your firsts, a 2nd sprinkled here and there, until you've got a big lead....and as if he thinks them being out there is only indicative of their play and not of the constant rotation.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

Yes, I disagree with some of what he says. We did not "have to come back" against GSU. That is factually incorrect.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe you misunderstood what he is saying

Sep 19, 2018, 3:13 PM

I THINK what he meant was Clemson had to come back the next week and play GSU. I don't think he meant we had to come back from behind to beat GSU.

Sep 19, 2018, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

Yes. He said Clemson had not put GSU away until the 4th Qtr. I disagree, the game was over when we scored the 3rd TD. We had a RB that outgained their entire team. We quadrupled their yardage. We did that while playing 80 players, 3 QB’s, 4 RB’s , completing passes to 14 receivers. It was a complete domination and it happened while playing 58 guys that don’t start.

I think that completely ignores the fact that our offense

Sep 19, 2018, 3:41 PM

scored 3 points in the 1st and 3rd quarters combined. Without the turnovers and missed FGs, I think we put that game away early, but against GSU the score should not have been 24-7 in the 4th quarter. And that's his point.

Yes. He said

Sep 19, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Be honest, do you disagree with anything he says ]

"they had to leave their starters in..."
That is just poor understanding of Clemson's approach. We play so many through 4 quarters intentionally.

You can see my answer to this response above***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:43 PM

Someone send him the snap count for how many players

Sep 19, 2018, 1:30 PM

played. "Clemson had to leave their starters in the game late" He doesent see that backups play early before the game is decided rather than solely in mopup time.

Come on, we should've blown them out

but turnovers and missed FGs prevented that from happening.

He misspelled it ... its spelled A-U-B-U-R-N

Sep 19, 2018, 1:30 PM

What a moran.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson is overrated (per USA Today)

Maybe he is correct. Time will tell.

I think as the season progresses we will see why

Sep 19, 2018, 1:44 PM

Clemson was given the benefit of the doubt early on. We have top 5 talent, just not playing like a top 5 team yet. We will, and we have seen this play out many times. 2016 got off to a very shaky start. Our coaching staff cares a lot more about developing players early on than they do about blowing teams out. We also have 2 QBs who are splitting first team practice reps. I really don't understand the concern over winning by 2 at TAMU though. It isn't like that team doesn't have a lot of talent and are well coached. Add in a lot of luck and blind officials for the home team and we win by 2.

flame away. but, pretty good analysis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right - we haven't dominated these games........

Sep 19, 2018, 2:15 PM

like a #2 team should have. So we need to prove him wrong starting this Saturday against Tech.

His opinion is bulletin-board material - hope our team sees it.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:34 PM

This just in:
USA Today is overrated (per Clemson)

Sep 19, 2018, 1:55 PM

Who the #### is Don Walken?

Sep 19, 2018, 2:08 PM

Who the #### is twill?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 1:56 PM

I don't think GA Southern was indicative of what we're capable of doing. Like everyone's been saying, we played a ton of different people, gave a lot players experience, and that will pay off later. So we had some turnovers that cost us some points- there's no evidence so far to say that will be a recurring issue.

The way A&M ripped through our secondary in the second half is the biggest concern for me so far this season. Offenses typically get better over the season, but usually your defenses get exposed. I'm hoping that was our wake up call.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:11 PM

Kirby's 2020 class is expected to be his best.....if that is possible. Back to Back to Back #1 recruiting classes.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:21 PM

What does that have to do with anything being talked about? Good job on another recruiting natty that hasn't produced yet.

Wow, impressive, that's sure to lead to

Sep 19, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is overrated (per USA Today) ]

back to back to back no championships

Smart's already got one of those under his belt.***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Who the foock cares? Who even mentioned Kirby Shart?***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is overrated (per USA Today) ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson is overrated (per USA Today) ]

Maybe you could find someone on this board that gives a crap about the mutts. Surprise, you're the only one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't get excited! Starting this Saturday against Tech.....

Sep 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

we need to show on the field that what he says is wrong.

He's right that we haven't been overwhelming like a #2 team should look. So we need to prove him wrong by pounding Tech (and everybody else we play). There's no reason we shouldn't be able to.

YAWN !!!!

Sep 19, 2018, 2:12 PM

Who !?!?!?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: YAWN !!!!

Sep 19, 2018, 2:18 PM

Reminds me of Colin Herd calling Clemson a fraud the year we won the Natty. This year is starting similar to that year.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:14 PM

Just win, who cares what he thinks. Obviously he doesn't watch the games or he'd know that Clemson played probably 80 players against GSU the WHOLE GAME. So if you want to take someone who doesn't even catch something as simple as who is in the game then thats on you. All he had to do was watch Dabo's post game and he would have heard Dabo said he didn't like how the backups were playing so he yanked them all out and put the starters in for that drive. Thats the problem with "experts" they try and make some grand proclamation after each game. You know how many people looked stupid after Clemson struggled with Troy or when they got beat by Pitt and everyone (including fans) wanted to say Pitt exposed Clemson? What did Clemson go on to do the year Pitt beat them? So yeah trying to make some grand theory based off a game or 2 is why most who do look like friggin idiots. You want take a shot at Clemson go ahead but at least make it sound like you watched the game. It would be different if you could say Clemson has looked the way they have because of the opponent but you can't. Clemson has looked the way they have because of Clemson and to me that is a sign that you are just better than everyone else. Has it been perfect, absolutely not but it hasn't been perfect because of the mistakes Clemson has made not because the opponent has taken advantage of some weakness.

only 2 teams are possibly better

Sep 19, 2018, 2:46 PM

UGA and Bama. I’d take OU or Ohio St all day but would be concerned about playing UGA or Bama based on how we have looked to date. We will find out in January

I love articles like this! More BB material please!!!***

Sep 19, 2018, 3:03 PM

Sports reporter does not understand ...

Sep 19, 2018, 3:28 PM

that Dabo would rather win by 10 and play the whole team than win by 30.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 19, 2018, 4:01 PM

You know - I want to rank us lower too, but I cannot seem to find any other team than Bama that should be above us. Maybe he should just say that we are a long way from #1, but so is everybody else. There are no P5 teams other than Bama than would beat us, and that is especially true for UGA. I'm still waiting until they actually play a team with a pulse. Until then, they need to just shut up.

OSU and OU are skeered to play us after a few curb-stompings, even with Heisman players.
Auburn - they don't even want to hear the name CLEMSON.
There are no other teams worth mentioning, so we should be at #2 ahead of UGA.

Bottom line: We are doing just fine until we have to play in the 4th annual Bama/CLEMSON bowl game. That's if Bama does not fail to make it there.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic