Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson golf update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Clemson golf update

May 26, 2019, 1:09 PM

http://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=17527p

+9 on the day. +27 overall. Top 15 move on. Sitting in a tie for 11th right now. But couple more over par would put us outside of top 15. Ok st gonna win it all. They are dominating. Still a chance for Clemson to move on and finish in top 8 and compete for an individual championship.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Expect some of the afternoon tee times

May 26, 2019, 1:27 PM

To shoot themselves out of the Top 15. More teams are moving back in the field, than progressing up the ranks. Georgia, Arizona State, and Auburn have shot themselves out of contention so far today, yet if they don't give up many more strokes, it's likely a couple of them may still get in. Eight over par is a good score for most teams, yet that won't get any of the post-noon teams in the hunt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Expect some of the afternoon tee times

May 26, 2019, 1:37 PM

Then you have an unranked smu is smoking hot and playing themselves right on into it. Long afternoon... can’t quit peeking at it. Anything can happen.

Hopefully after 2pm the winds will start howling!!!! lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Expect some of the afternoon tee times

May 26, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Expect some of the afternoon tee times ]

That would be 2 pm cst... basically right after we finish!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moved up to 9th***

May 26, 2019, 1:38 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Clemson golf update

May 26, 2019, 1:43 PM

Must be playing extremely except for about 4 teams. I'll be very pleased to make the cut at 15 teams, but we will be very borderline making the top eight tomorrow unless we start playing much better. I think this is Oklahoma State's tournament.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 2:59 PM

Not surprised at all at how Oklahoma State is playing as they have 4 of 5 guys in their lineup back from last seasons National Championship team.Sure hope the Tigers make the match play and maybe just maybe they will play the Cowboys and then see how they stack up against probably the heavy favorites to win it all again.

May 26, 2019, 3:25 PM

Yeah, OSU has at least four guys that are going to be playing on the PGA Tour. Just getting into match play will be a feather in our caps.

May 26, 2019, 4:05 PM

You're right about getting into match play being a feather in the Tigers caps.The NCAA started playing this stroke play/match play format back in 2009 and for this years team to make it outta stroke play and into match play would not only be a big accomplishment for them but also for coach Penley and the Golf program as a whole being it would be the first time making it to match play.

May 26, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf update ]

Yes, they did come back but in the recruiting circles, the b12 is as well known for golfers around the world as is ACC basketball.

As good as we’ve been, I think you and I had the discussion before concerning international recruiting. As you said, CLP gets the b o t b locally and has done a fine job of it!!!!

Coming down to the wire.

May 26, 2019, 4:09 PM

It's gonna be guns a-blazing for the last 6 spots. 2 shots separating 6 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Being a spectator is

May 26, 2019, 4:14 PM

A good position to be in right now! ;) The Tigers finished and proceeded to move up two more spots.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Being a spectator is

May 26, 2019, 4:17 PM

Yep, despite a few blow-up holes and Nimmer not being himself, the Tigers are in solid shape.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Being a spectator is

May 26, 2019, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Being a spectator is ]

Where are we as we speak? 8th?
TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming down to the wire.

May 26, 2019, 4:24 PM [ in reply to Coming down to the wire. ]

Here is hoping soooooo much that South Carolina does not make the cut

May 26, 2019, 6:21 PM

The two USCs are duking it out for the 15th spot

May 26, 2019, 6:40 PM

Hopefully South Carolina will have a stretch of holes coming in that consist of individuals making over par scores and not under par scores but with that said just thankful and glad that the Tigers are done with their round and will make the 15 team cut for tomorrows final round of stroke play

May 26, 2019, 4:27 PM

The hay is in the barn and the Tigers are in the Top 15. Maybe pick up a few strokes on some teams for Final 8. I prefer our method of home grown golfers. The Duke women had only one of their Top 5 players from the US so what’s the point of calling yourself Duke if your players are from China, Italy, Mexico, etc?

May 26, 2019, 4:38 PM

Talk about home grown, when we won the championship all of our players were from South Carolina!

May 26, 2019, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson golf update ]

Maybe that was you and I that had that conversation about the women’s golf. Anyway, Sheldon flipped me. Made me see the light. ??

May 26, 2019, 5:19 PM

I wonder how many US athletes get scholarships to overseas universities?

Oklahoma State has already won the dang thing

May 26, 2019, 4:57 PM

-12 next closest is 25 strokes back at +13

Re: Oklahoma State has already won the dang thing

May 26, 2019, 5:04 PM

The team National Champion will not be decided until after Wednesday's match play championship match

@ 4:54pm . . . Our Tigers are sitting in 8th Place

May 26, 2019, 5:00 PM
IMG_1149.PNG(167.0 K)

w/ a bunch of golf left to play . . . It's time to hurry up and wait!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: @ 4:54pm . . . Our Tigers are sitting in 8th Place

May 26, 2019, 5:56 PM

Yeah, I was hoping the scores would balloon even more this afternoon and get a little more distance for the cut. As of now, four teams between 1-7 shots behind. And we’re +7 from aTm.

True, a couple good blow up tomorrow but 1-6 have a good cushion. Setting up to be one heck of a shootout for a couple spots.

Can’t say enough about Kyle, Jacob, Colby, and William!!! got a score to count today. They’ve definitely carried us this week... but I feel Bryson is gonna have to step it up tomorrow. Interesting to see how they set it up tomorrow- winds supposed to kick up quite a bit, even in the AM.

Re: @ 4:54pm . . . Our Tigers are sitting in 8th Place

May 26, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to @ 4:54pm . . . Our Tigers are sitting in 8th Place ]

Tigers, for the scores that counted are only-10 on the par 5’s out of 24... and the top teams have been tearing them up. Got to take advantage of them tomorrow!

Go Tigers!!!! Proud of ya guys for top 15.

May 26, 2019, 7:14 PM

How are you watching it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

http://golfstat.com/***

May 26, 2019, 7:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 26, 2019, 7:46 PM

Unless 2 -7 blow up (which we have seen can happen), it's going to be an eight team dogfight for the 8th spot. I don't think we can play like we have up until one to have a chance. Maybe 4 or so over may work, but I would love to be around par.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic