Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson could dominate the ACC and college football for the next 10 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,800

Clemson could dominate the ACC and college football for the next 10 years

Aug 23, 2017, 9:13 AM

and would be considered the underdog to FSU, OSU, Bama, ND, and schools like Nebraska who use to dominate college football. Even as the 2015 NC runner up and the current NC's of college football for 2016, we will never get the respect we have earned and deserve.

Only Bama has equaled the accomplishments Clemson has achieved over the past 5 or 6 years. But all this does not matter to these so called Boneheaded unbiased sports reporters especially ESPN. They just can't recognize that Clemson is now one of the elite programs in college football. We achieved this through hard work, great coaching, off the charts fan support. The most important part of our accomplishments were that Clemson's football program was built on a solid foundation of ethics, integrity and honesty.

I like being the underdog because it is an excellent motivational tool Dabo and Co. can use and IMO it keeps us grounded, focused and a the desire to show the sports world Clemson is a force to be reckoned with!

I think this is one of the main reasons Clemson sincerely is one big family. Many schools us this term very loosely, but at Clemson it's the real deal.

Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson could dominate the ACC and college football for the next 10 years

Aug 23, 2017, 9:18 AM

Everything until the HR catch was still building. We have reached the top. Sustain it and we are impossible to ignore. Sure Clemson had to work harder to get here, but that hard work is also what built a program and not just a team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 23, 2017, 9:25 AM

Excellent Post and great points I did not include.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 9:23 AM

I think that you meant that only Clemson has come closer to equal the success of Bama the last decade

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 9:36 AM

So being ranked #5 after losing 90% of our O production means we are not respected?
Some of you people wouldn't be happy if gave 5 million dollars.
You would want 10 mill.

Aug 23, 2017, 9:43 AM

Bama or OSU could lose their entire starting line up on both sides of the ball and I don't think we would be ranked ahead of either team.

Aug 23, 2017, 9:48 AM

I agree Ohio St shouldn't be ranked ahead of us but they do have a lot of returning players.
Have no problem with Bama they are the standard right now

Aug 23, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson could dominate the ACC and college football for the next 10 years ]

Didn't we start out ranked ahead of OSU last season?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Yep, everyone is always against us***

Aug 23, 2017, 9:51 AM

I disagree on Nebraska

Aug 23, 2017, 9:56 AM

I don't at all feel like they get more love or attention than us. I don't think Neb will ever get back to what they once were. Unless a big time recruit is from the midwest, they usually don't even consider Nebraska anymore.

College football needs to BEND THE KNEE!

Aug 23, 2017, 10:44 AM

Dabo Targaryen insists

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 10:56 AM

It changes every year. We were ranked ahead of Ohio state pre season last year. They are ranked ahead of us this year big deal. I think you should include Ohio state when talking about us and bama though. We each have a national championship in the last 3 years, and Ohio state has actually won more games over the last 5 years then clemson has. Don't be a narrow sighted fan by allowing one game (be it a very lopsided domination) form your opinion of that program. Ohio state is littered with NFL talent and has put more players in the league over the last few years than any other team. Before we make any harsh judgments, let's see if Clemson can unload half of their team to the NFL like Ohio state did and maintain playoff births like they did. I think people don't realize how young they were last year.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,800
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic