Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson VS SC Rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clemson VS SC Rivalry

May 24, 2018, 3:05 PM

Hey guys,

I don't post often and since I'm wasn't a Tiger until I came to Clemson for college, Never lived in SC before so I didn't understand the rivalry and how big it was. Do we really hate SC fans to the point we really think they are actually uneducated and stupid and wish bad things upon them or is it all in good rivalry fun? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How often do you talk with a coot fan?

May 24, 2018, 3:07 PM

Their place in this world becomes instantly obvious the second they open their little beak.

But, in answer to your query, I hope scar loses every athletic contest in every sport forever. Is that wishing a bad thing upon them? I don't think so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Clemson VS SC Rivalry

May 24, 2018, 3:07 PM

You shouldn't have done that!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 3:08 PM

I wish them to lose at sports, every sport.

The majority of their fans are uneducated, I mean snow camo come on.

USuCk fans when you mention women's basketball

May 24, 2018, 3:21 PM

or equestrian.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: USuCk fans when you mention women's basketball

May 24, 2018, 3:34 PM

Or "coc ks"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

To be honest, after all these years, I've foud that is the

May 24, 2018, 3:39 PM

99% of dirt peckers that give the other 1% a bad name...

as a tiger fan who grew up in clemson i cheer for the tigers

May 24, 2018, 3:43 PM

and whoever is playing the coots. heck i'll even cheer for the dawgs when they play the coots, but only when they play the coots.

In my experience....

May 24, 2018, 4:13 PM

they are the most ignorant, deluded and mouthy group of fans in all of college sports and are entirely deserving of any and every manner of hardship, calamity, misfortune, or affliction than could possibly befall them and their paltry inapplicable athletic programs.

If the earth opened-up and swallowed that cesspool tomorrow, it would be a service to humanity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: In my experience....

May 24, 2018, 4:38 PM

I didn't mean as sports fans lol I meant as people on this Earth.

So did I !!!

May 24, 2018, 7:18 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

May 24, 2018, 4:15 PM

I've been a Clemson fan for over 50 years and graduated in 1977. I will confess that I have friends who are "coots" and they aren't all uneducated fools. There actually are some good people who, for whatever reason, in their youthful ignorance, attended South Carolina. Yet there is a dramatic difference in the quality of education you receive at Clemson compared to Cootlumbia U. Go back and read some history about CU. One reason John C Calhoun was so determined to be part of organizing Clemson College was his embarrassment at the caliber of students being graduated from South Carolina. So the emphasis as CU has been quality education since day 1. At times that has hindered our sports programs. Thankfully, today it is a point of pride for the entire Clemson family. That being said, I pull against the yardbirds in every sport and in every game. I, too, will even pull for Georgia when they're playing our "in-state" rival (which as Dabo says is really a domination.) Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2018, 4:45 PM

I love the rivalry and everything that goes with it until someone makes it personal. There is so much more to life than to hate someone just because of the team they pull for. I have many Clemson friends and we all enjoy talking sports and of course a little trash talk (obviously been on the receiving end lately) and all is good, because it's never personal.

I too pull for every team that plays Clemson just like you guys with us, it's part of the rivalry. I do think that Muschamp has us on the road to competing with you guys again and personally enjoy the rivalry much more when we are both good teams. Hopefully we can make this years game a bit more competitive.

May 24, 2018, 6:28 PM

You think he has you on the road to competing with Clemson again? Really? The only way that's true is if that road starts in Key West and ends in Anchorage, Alaska. In that case, you just might be about to get to Miami.

null

May 25, 2018, 10:15 AM

Time will tell.

May 25, 2018, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VS SC Rivalry ]

I don't see SC competing with Clemson or UGA anytime in the near future. With the way UGA and Clemson are recruiting the gap with SC widens every year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 7:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VS SC Rivalry ]

That would be Thomas Greene Clemson, not Calhoun***

May 25, 2018, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VS SC Rivalry ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Just rivalry fun for the most part. Of course they have

May 24, 2018, 4:47 PM

a lot of ignorant fans but so do we. Just scroll down, especially after the depth chart was released yesterday and during the first couple of innings during the baseball game yesterday.

Of course they have a lot more moronic fans because there are so many more of them. I have many close friends and family who are coots as do most Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 25, 2018, 10:54 AM

I dont wish them any harm or bad luck in life. I only wish to see them fail miserably in every sport for the rest of their sorry schools history. I have friends and coworkers who are unfortunately coot fans. They just never felt what it is like to be a champion, they have been led astray by broken promises and lies about brighter days. I will never, for the rest of my life on earth, pull for usUc.
Go Tigers and God Bless America!

"Dont sweat the petty stuff, and dont pet the sweaty stuff."

May 25, 2018, 1:41 PM

What so many people don't know is that the rivalry was established before Clemson ever came to be. You have to piece together the research, but there was bitter debate among the governing powers at the time to even establish the university per Thomas Clemson's desire to have a school for the agriculture and mechanical arts. Many in Columbia wanted to establish a college of agriculture as part of (I can't even write the words it disgusts me so much) that school for remediation in Columbia. Ben Tillman insisted on a separate school. It is also rumored (according to legend) this was the birth of the chicken curse, as Tillman marched to the usuck horseshoe, drove a pitchfork in the ground and cursed the very existence of that place. Of course, we know how history turned out (thank God it did!!) and we are the legacy and benefactors of that decision. So in nutshell, we hated each other before we ever came to be. GO TIGERS FOREVER!!!!

May 25, 2018, 2:48 PM

I just have a hard time interacting with a man that wears a shirt that says. I love ##### !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we don't hate them to that point

May 25, 2018, 7:44 PM

they are already their

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you went to Clemson for college, you know the answers.***

May 25, 2018, 7:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic