Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson VP Guilty of "trespassing," "unauthorized entry"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 6,593

Nov 1, 2017, 6:17 PM

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10083

New evidence further corroborates allegations at the core of an effort to impeach Clemson University’s student government vice president.

On October 23, the Clemson Undergraduate Student Government (CUSG) Senate voted 40-18 to hold an impeachment trial for Jaren Stewart, CUSG’s African-American Vice-President.

According to an incident report released by FitsNews, Stewart was accused of “theft, trespassing, strong-arming, intimidation, and sexual harassment” while serving as a Resident-Assistant (RA) during his vice-presidency. Stewart and his supporters, however, claim the impeachment is race-related, describing it as a response to Stewart’s involvement in a Pledge of Allegiance sit-down protest.

Stewart himself has claimed that the impeachment process is a “social lynching,” saying, "They’ve already made up their minds because of this trope of the villainous African-American male. Ultimately, this stems from implicit bias."

Now, new evidence has come to light in the case according to emails obtained by The Tiger Town Observer, Clemson’s conservative student newspaper.

In a September 19 email to one of the victims of Stewart’s alleged misconduct, Clemson’s Assistant Director of the Office of Community and Ethical Standards (OCES), Michael Steele, stated that the investigation had found Stewart “in violation” of “Trespassing” and “Unauthorized entry” policies.

According to Steele, Stewart was “given a written and verbal reprimand” and a “reflection paper on the incident from a 4th amendment [sic] perspective from OCES,” though he noted that “there may have been additional sanctions or outcomes from Residence Life as well.”

An email sent on August 22 shows that Steele had refused to discuss the outcome of the case with the anonymous victim, citing federal privacy laws.

Stewart has denied any wrongdoing in previous statements to the Anderson Independent Mail. saying, “it’s been completely resolved,” and that “if any of the comments made were actually founded, I wouldn’t be the vice president. I would be removed from office.”

Stewart further claimed that his residence hall floor had an “open-door policy,” meaning that all residents were comfortable with others coming in unannounced to socialize or borrow items.

“I did not step out of my realms of being an RA and being there for my residents,” Stewart stated. “It’s not true. I wouldn’t go out of my way to hurt someone that lives next door to me.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson VP Guilty of "trespassing," "unauthorized entry"

Nov 1, 2017, 6:28 PM

If the allegations are proved, he should be expelled from school, not just removed from office.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2017, 7:57 PM

Exactly.......tired of this crap of playing the race card.....IF you break the law THEN you must pay for the crime......no matter if you are white, black, purple, or green......Go Tigers!!!!!

Cause he's black. You're rassist.***

Nov 2, 2017, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VP Guilty of "trespassing," "unauthorized entry" ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Campus Reform has posted bad story after bad story

Nov 1, 2017, 6:55 PM

about Clemson. It is notorious right-wing clickbait.

Your a coot pos. Take it somewhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhmm...Don't see anything NEW here...

Nov 1, 2017, 7:23 PM

I accessed all this stuff easily back on the 23rd when this was announced. Not defending the guy, but you don't exactly seem unbiased in these proceedings or share the information that:
"The Tiger Town Observer is affiliated with Campus Reform through the Leadership Institute's Campus Leadership Program. Its articles are republished on Campus Reform with permission from the paper.
(Campus Reform/The Tiger Town Observer Twitter page)
So effectively you are backing up your case by using a sock puppet.

So 2 +2 =4 only If It is stated by the right person?***

Nov 2, 2017, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Nov 1, 2017, 7:24 PM

Interesting!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Clemson's VICE PRESIDENT?

Nov 1, 2017, 7:36 PM

Oh. Some student. Student body Vice President.

Big difference. No one cares.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

not defending either side, but the entire things seems odd.

Nov 1, 2017, 7:44 PM

there is no actual charge of theft, strong arming or sexual harassment on the University incident report, no alleged victim willing to on record, and no criminal charges filed by the police? It certainly does not reflect the extreme nature of the allegation being brought up by the local campus paper. Either the university covered this up, or there is little to no merit to the allegations.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2017, 7:56 PM

No idea what to think of any of this. However, when I was a student, there is no way I could want my RA yo walk into my room any time they wanted. They might have found my toaster. Lol

Nov 1, 2017, 8:51 PM

Once again Mitchell, yet another one of your "journalistic masterpieces" disparaging Clemson. Your graduation date cannot get here fast enough!!

Nov 2, 2017, 8:38 AM

My sole issue with this case is the Student VP was willing to let this play out in the court of public opinion, knowing full well it would cast Clemson in a bad light (I started to use black eye...but that wouldn't work here). Granted, it's incumbent upon the accusers to prove their case, of which there seems to be some evidence. The VP, on the other hand, is following the tried and true 'victim' approach because, that's the way it's done these days.

It doesn't have to be about race all the time and, in fact, when I was in high school, it wasn't...and that was long time ago in Charleston. Some 'outside' folks showed up on campus one day and did their best to stir up racial tension. No one knew who they were. Regardless, the next day or two, the police were camped out on campus to prevent further issues.

The first day they were there, I talked with one of the officers and told him the trouble-makers had obviously not done their homework. He asked why? Well, if they wanted to suggest the school had a racial problem, they would have had to go about it differently. I pointed to the front steps of the school where students gathered during breaks, specifically to a guy with sideburns and an afro Sly Stone would be proud of and said...see that guy? He's our school president. Do you see any problem with the dozens of students sitting there, or elsewhere? He just shook his head and laughed. They were gone within another day or so.

This was over 40 years ago, folks. It's sad, progress was attempted then, as now, yet continues to be undermined. And 40 years from now...sigh....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2017, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VP Guilty of "trespassing," "unauthorized entry" ]

Stop whining. Learn how to think critically. You're seriously suggesting that I shouldn't cover sexual assault because it *might* make the university look bad. Grow a moral conscience.

Nov 2, 2017, 11:30 AM

It would be helpful to clarify who you're directing your anti-whining post to.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2017, 12:22 PM

Drtysth, not you.

Nov 2, 2017, 2:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson VP Guilty of "trespassing," "unauthorized entry" ]

Where is sexual assault listed? I fail to find that in any of the paperwork you or Will Folks(whom I have known since he worked in the Governor's office and trust about as far as I can throw the State House) have released. I see "he would not leave while women were changing" (to paraphrase), but that is a FAR LEGAL step from "sexual assault". Sounds to me like YOU are the one whining because we are holding you to journalistic standards, not biased. self-serving, personal blog standards. Moral conscience requires posting TRUE FACTS, not an opinion based on agenda.To call you a journalist would be an insult to journalism, I keep waiting for you to write something nice, about the Greeks raising money for charity or the football team visiting sick kids, but no you are "Johnny-one-note" trashing Clemson in every article. You never say a good word about the school. You may go to Clemson, but you aren't a "Clemson Man" who loves his school and sees the massive good with the occasional bad, you are more like a coot who wants to talk it down at every opportunity.

I'd be ashamed to be called a journalist nowadays

Nov 2, 2017, 3:09 PM

The NYTimes, FoxNews, CNN, MSNBC...

Who wants to be associated with any of those idiots?

I'd be ashamed to be called a journalist nowadays

Nov 2, 2017, 3:42 PM

Agreed, but I cringe at the thought that some people consider Breibart, Infowars, NewsMax, Daily Kos, The Progressive, Buzzflash, and other biased blogs as actual news sources. By the way I trust the NY Times before I trust any of the TV and radio commentators trying to mask their opinions as news. At least there are some checks and balances there.

You wouldn't trust the NYTimes if you've seen what I've seen

Nov 2, 2017, 8:16 PM

That trash of an organization is responsible for this hero's death.

https://www.greenberetfoundation.org/memorial/peter-a-mckenna/

SEND THEM TO GITMO

Nov 2, 2017, 8:16 AM

But what’s going on

Was the case not dropped and did he not get his job back?

Nov 2, 2017, 12:05 PM

Just asking.

"If any of the comments were true, I'd be removed from

Nov 2, 2017, 12:24 PM

office."

Isn't that what they're trying to do?

lol out loud

Replies: 22
| visibility 6,593
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive