Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Tops NC State, 20-14
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 4,082

Nov 11, 2006, 4:33 PM

C.J. Spiller ran for a career-high 154 yards and a touchdown and Jad Dean kicked the go-ahead fourth-quarter field goal as Clemson beat North Carolina State 20-14 Saturday to break a two-game losing streak. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Tops NC State, 20-14

Nov 11, 2006, 9:04 PM

What's with the terrible writing skills? Why all the misused hyphens - you used a lot of them - in your writing? It really bothers me when people have a public forum and can't use it properly - at least I found no misspellings. Love ya Dude! But come on. :>)

(1)But their potent scoring offense - it had averaged nearly 43 points a game to lead the nation - was held...

(2) And while Clemson couldn't exactly break out as it had before - 1,000-yard rusher James Davis was limited to 34 yards - Spiller....

(3) Three plays later, he took off on a 52-yard TD run - Spiller's fifth scoring play of at least 50 yards this season.

(4) North Carolina State's first comeback try ended when Nick Watkins intercepted Evans - a pass tipped by star defensive end Gaines Adams - with 2:54 left and...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Actually, dude, that is a legitimate grammatical tool

Nov 11, 2006, 10:50 PM

the only thing wrong with it is it is supposed to employ two dashes without spaces. For example: I have a grammatical pet peeve--call me the grammar nazi if you will. Or: Dubya may not be the most eloquent president we've ever had--Lord knows he can't make a complete sentence--but at least he's never had trouble defining the word "is".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Are you for real? Hyphen critiques? LOL

Nov 12, 2006, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Tops NC State, 20-14 ]

This is coming from somebody who uses "loose" instead of "lose?"

http://www.thetigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=3550818#3550818

Nice. Donate or offer to contribute to the site if you're really gonna gripe about it. Or hey, just don't read it. It's a homespun football message board for crying out loud.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncle Jake Media has designed the TigerNet Donor Badges every year since 2002, and provided many other graphics on the site as well. We are proud to be a Member of the TigerNet Business Network.

Please consider us for all of your web and graphic design needs!

Re: Are you for real? Hyphen critiques? LOL

Nov 12, 2006, 9:13 PM

You guys are WAAAAYYYYY too serious. I'm an English major (a masters to boot), a teacher at a major private school and someone who gets most of my kicks stirring up friendly folk like you. Love it! Thank you for the laugh tonight.

You guys need to understand and appreciate a little satire. Next time, I'l be sure to start my post with "don't get your panties in a wad. This is only meant to provide levity for your day!"

Incorrect syntax, grammar, and spelling used in THIS post for the sole purpose of making you smile.

Me.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

(4th and Goal)2 + Great Defensive Effort = 0

Nov 13, 2006, 12:20 AM

Thumbs up to the defense on Saturday. Great job guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 4,082
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic