Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration

Jun 21, 2014, 7:02 PM

Is it me or do any of you find this a desecration of our flag? The lady in blue is US Ambassador Kristie A. Kenney (Thailand); a Clemson Poli Sci grad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, but are you surprised at all?

Jun 21, 2014, 7:26 PM

It's hard to get upset over stuff like this anymore. I mean, people do stuff like this with the flag all the time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this really something to get worked up over?

Jun 21, 2014, 7:34 PM

What is the big deal?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this really something to get worked up over?

Jun 21, 2014, 10:52 PM

I guess its not a big deal for gays and lesbians. Or if broke back mountain is your favorite movie!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ask the families of the thousands of men and women.........

Jun 22, 2014, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Is this really something to get worked up over? ]

who have died for that flag.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Flag? No, its for what the flag stands for.

Jun 22, 2014, 7:07 AM

For example, the first amendment rights to free speech and to peaceably assemble.

Re: A Flag? No, its for what the flag stands for.

Jun 22, 2014, 8:13 AM

The gay and lesbian flag desecration forum musta been full.
Its cool , these kind of posts rarely divide Clemson fans.
I am getting excited to see where this goes .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Those men and women didn't die for a flag...

Jun 22, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Ask the families of the thousands of men and women......... ]

They died for what the flag stood for. The people in this photo aren't defacing the flag, in fact they are incorporating it with something they feel strongly about.

Re: Those men and women didn't die for a flag...

Jun 22, 2014, 3:16 PM

They are defacing them selves by admitting that they by choice are sick and disgusting . Defending the sickness says you have the same disease that is being kept in the closet. But admitting you love sucking another mans #### don't make it ok. And the same for the women. Gays are Queer by choice!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2014, 3:21 PM

Wow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 22, 2014, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Those men and women didn't die for a flag... ]

You are the worst kind of person.

good parody haha***

Jun 22, 2014, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Those men and women didn't die for a flag... ]

This post is the definition of ignorance.***

Jun 23, 2014, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Those men and women didn't die for a flag... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: This post is the definition of ignorance.***

Jun 23, 2014, 11:19 AM

In what way , mr. Soccerkrzy ?

DB23

Re: This post is the definition of ignorance.***

Jun 23, 2014, 11:21 AM

Burn the queers! It's God's will.

I'm just kidding. This whole thread is cray cray

The only choice a homosexual makes is to let other

Jun 23, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: This post is the definition of ignorance.*** ]

people know they're homosexual.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: The only choice a homosexual makes is to let other

Jun 23, 2014, 11:33 AM

This

I have a feeling you would never tell a gay or lesbian person

Jun 24, 2014, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Those men and women didn't die for a flag... ]

this to their face. Everyone on message boards are so much more brave than in real life.

But by all means, keep thinking your opinion and beliefs are all that matter here. Don't bother to take the time to really think about whether or not who and how someone love someone else really affects you. Because then you'd realize you're wasting your energy on something that doesn't really matter.

Message was edited by: 3timeTiger®

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

LOL***

Jun 22, 2014, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Ask the families of the thousands of men and women......... ]

Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration

Jun 21, 2014, 8:25 PM

You do realize that is some type of gay rights propaganda. The rainbow colors sorta gives it away. I still don't like altering our proud flag for any right activist....

Jun 21, 2014, 8:33 PM

That is Illegal!! If American citizens they should be prosecuted. if it isn't illegal it ought to be! BTW Im on a ton of pain killers so if Im not making sense Im sorry.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2014, 8:57 PM

Disrespectful to our flag - two ways.

How is it illegal? I'm sure they didn't modify an actual US

Jun 21, 2014, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

flag, they probably had a custom flag made in that design.

GO TIGERS

I don't like something! Make it illegal!

Jun 22, 2014, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

dumb.

Re: I don't like something! Make it illegal!

Jun 22, 2014, 8:52 AM

Flag = What our flag represents.
What our flag represents = Flag.
Im having trouble understanding your logic.
Anyhow , I agree. This country allows things to happen within the parameters set forth by the wisdom of our founding fathers.
Just hating something or someone is not enough reason to make it or that which it stands for or against ...illegal.

DB23

Nice for you join us, Obama.***

Jun 22, 2014, 9:00 PM [ in reply to I don't like something! Make it illegal! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: I don't like something! Make it illegal!

Jun 22, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to I don't like something! Make it illegal! ]

That is the liberal way of thinking.

Jun 22, 2014, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

It's not illegal. Settle down. It's also not the US flag. It's a flag made to closely resemble the US flag.

weren't there any hawt letsbein frans availbale

Jun 21, 2014, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

to desecrate our national flag?

#disappointed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not if this pig was taken in

Jun 21, 2014, 8:47 PM

Bangkok.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i see, but they don't have womens in bangkok? i mean, i

Jun 21, 2014, 8:58 PM

mighta bought the poster if they'd rented a handful of hot southeast asian chicks with large augmentations for the photo shoot.

they don't have to be card carry letsbeins frans do they?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2014, 8:55 PM

Is Malaysia or Liberia desecrating the flag also? What about Italy, Ivory Coast, or Mali? That flag wasn't desecrated it is another flag entirely with a different meaning. I don't like North Korea but I'm not getting angry they have a flag. You are free to have your own beliefs but don't make up reasons to talk down on people because of they differ from yours.

null

Jun 21, 2014, 9:01 PM

Wonder where their thumbs have been? They seem to be holding them up as if they might need to wash them off.

Jun 21, 2014, 9:42 PM

EEewwwww.
Her shoes do not go with that frumpy dress.
When you have the opportunity to be fabulous ...be fabulous.

DB23

Jun 21, 2014, 10:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

All of their smiles are the smiles after a taste of chit. I'm going to assume they were sucking on each others thumbs after removing them from their AS$ES!!!!

It's not an American flag. So...it's not a flag desecration.

Jun 22, 2014, 12:07 AM

It's a flaggot.

(Bracing myself for self-righteous, politically correct counterattack)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It isn't the flag, so it isn't desecration. In other news

Jun 22, 2014, 7:25 AM

from comments below, quit being a thinly-veiled, or not so-thinly veiled homophobic punk.

There were only six original colonies?

Jun 22, 2014, 7:31 AM

I always heard thirteen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That's in honor of the first six...

Jun 22, 2014, 8:51 AM

who came out of the closet on Tnet. DSP, LBU, Johnnyboy, 2012, Dave and last and almost not least bob.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

although i see you recognize mad skeelz by listing the most

Jun 22, 2014, 11:32 AM

talented first, no way in hey'all i'm letting those 5 homersechtsuals follow me...

oh, and happy sunday all!

Re: although i see you recognize mad skeelz by listing the most

Jun 22, 2014, 2:26 PM

Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woo Hoo!! Didn't make the list.***

Jun 22, 2014, 9:01 PM [ in reply to That's in honor of the first six... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You came out next to last...

Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 PM

right in front of me.

Jun 22, 2014, 10:43 AM

That is not the US Flag; it's a custom-made flag of a non-entity, made to closely resemble the US flag.

If you want to get mad about desecrating the US flag, then get mad about all the shirts, pants, hats, etc. printed with the US Flag on them--not to mention flags with symbols or words superimposed on them. See the World Cup fans as an example. Printing the US Flag on any article of clothing is technically illegal, so at least you have some legal standing for getting upset about it. Whether it's something to *actually* get upset about is another question entirely.

Jun 22, 2014, 11:14 AM

any law prohibiting american flag clothing is clearly unconstitutional and thus unenforceable. See, First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

but we can read they're private text, emails and whatever

Jun 22, 2014, 11:36 AM

else we don't know about, so we good...

#feelinsafecausebigbrothergotmyback

no baptist

Jun 23, 2014, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

You misunderstand what I said--which, given your user graphic, doesn't surprise me in the least. The prohibition of the flag on clothing is in the US Flag Code (US Code Title 36 Chapter 10, Section 176):

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.

(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations.

The Code also makes it illegal to use US Flags in advertising, which pretty much every retail business in America has violated--ad flyers, flags all over car dealerships, etc. Images of the flag on picnicware (plates, cups, napkins, etc) is also illegal. As are any number of violations by sports teams like Northwestern's "Wounded Warrior" uniforms last year or UNC's garish use of the Stars And Stripes in their helmets and in their end zone font. BC, Louisville, and doubtless several other college teams have done similar things.

If you'd like to challenge the US Flag Code as unconstitutional, you go right ahead. See how far you get. However most people already know there are no penalties associated with violations of the flag code, so it is essentially unenforceable. Doesn't make it any less illegal.

Jun 23, 2014, 10:16 AM

The flag code is an etiquette law. It is not illegal to do such horrible things to our flag as per the US Supreme Court which upholds the 1st amendment to the Constitution in defending this behavior.
The flag code is a guideline to flag treatment , but is not a law in the sense that it can be considered a crime by disobedience.

DB23

Jun 23, 2014, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

Nothing in there says that the flag can't be printed on clothing. The flag itself cannot be fashioned into clothing. There's a big difference.

thanks, i almost didn't recognize it as a desecration of the

Jun 22, 2014, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

united states flag until peoples, they know who they are, started fighting about it.

mh shakin it still...

Jun 22, 2014, 12:03 PM

What desecration? Why are people so scared of gay rights movements?

why do people have to be afraid? apparently you're

Jun 22, 2014, 12:18 PM

afraid of anyone who might disapprove.

me, it was the shiniest post on the board and i like shinies.

happy sunday.

you all play nice.

So I guess you think the Clemson style US Flags are a....

Jun 22, 2014, 1:01 PM

desecration too then.

Re: So I guess you think the Clemson style US Flags are a....

Jun 22, 2014, 1:41 PM

b-b-b-but gay people

Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration***

Jun 22, 2014, 3:38 PM

Jun 22, 2014, 4:46 PM

This is why our country is so ###### up now. People don't care about anything but their own stupid agendas and trying to be different. The flag is sacred and is totally wrong to do that to something that so many men and women have died for defending it's honor and freedom. Time for another flood like event. Noah get the boat ready.

Jun 22, 2014, 5:17 PM

Unreal, truly. "Desecrating" a flag is worthy of a worldwide massacre? You have some really f'd up priorities there bud.

Jun 22, 2014, 8:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Grad in front of US flag desecration ]

I'm sorry, could you please repeat that?

http://www.sportsflagsandpennants.com/clemson_tigers_striped_flag_20255_prd1.html

Get your head out of your butt.

Jun 23, 2014, 3:42 PM

That flag looks nothing like an American flag. No colors or stars. Some of you hats just don't get it. Guess I was raised in a different generation from you yuppies of today.

Jun 23, 2014, 3:48 PM

Really? You're really going to go that route? That's pretty weak. You're basically just admitting that you see only what you want to see.

I don't know. I don't consider these desecrations but if so

Jun 22, 2014, 5:36 PM

then sign me up.

Go Amurica.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That certainly isn't the flag our boys raised on Iwo Jima

Jun 22, 2014, 11:02 PM

or took to the moon 6 times.

There's something in these hills.

Re: That certainly isn't the flag our boys raised on Iwo Jima

Jun 22, 2014, 11:12 PM

Well , I am enjoying this thread. I do have to say though , I never saw the division coming from such an innocuous posting...funniest things go down on TNet , I declare .

DB23

Jun 22, 2014, 11:17 PM

Anytime there's a thread that eludes to the ghey, it has a good chance of going over the 100 mark..

Jun 22, 2014, 11:29 PM

Excuse me iPad - "alludes"

At the risk of opening a can o' worms ...

Jun 23, 2014, 6:42 AM

Would that make this flag a desecration?

Or this one?

Or this one?

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the risk of opening a can o' worms ...

Jun 23, 2014, 6:52 AM

Rev Dodd , No , No and No.
I think that desecration is too strong a word . I think flag disrespectfulness would be better in a lot of these cases (ya know , if disrespectfulness were a word that is ).

DB23

Re: At the risk of opening a can o' worms ...

Jun 23, 2014, 7:01 AM

My grandfathers both served in the service during world wars. My father served for 22 , during Korea and Vietnam. My older brother and sister were sailors.
The flag represents this country . The services are in place to protect this country . Where the issue is I believe is that a lot of Americans view this iconic banner as sacred ground ...and I would disagree with them slightly. The flag lets non-Americans know we believe in freedom and liberties , we believe in tolerance and welcome great diversity ...but that we do not tolerate those who would oppose these inalienable rights ...as set forth by our wise founders .
Where would we be as a country if these rights weren't allowed due to hate and bigotry of certain factions who seem to forget that this is exactly why our flag flies in the first place ?

DB23

bingo

Jun 23, 2014, 10:45 AM

we believe in tolerance and welcome great diversity ...but that we do not tolerate those who would oppose these inalienable rights ...as set forth by our wise founders .
Where would we be as a country if these rights weren't allowed due to hate and bigotry of certain factions who seem to forget that this is exactly why our flag flies in the first place ?

very well put. as Justice Kennedy wrote:

"Though symbols often are what we ourselves make of them, the flag is constant in expressing beliefs Americans share, beliefs in law and peace and that freedom which sustains the human spirit. The case here today forces recognition of the costs to which those beliefs commit us. It is poignant but fundamental that the flag protects those who hold it in contempt."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_v._Johnson

Re: bingo

Jun 23, 2014, 10:56 AM

It is a simple and concise thought ...and the right one. Those men who looked into the future as they penned the constitution knew it could only be that way , else we would fall into the same type of tyrannical systems of oppression that this country was established to escape from .
In the vernacular of todays America - Haters gonna hate , and that is ok ...as long as you do it peacefully and without breaking any set laws .

DB23

Jun 23, 2014, 7:20 AM

That's not flag desecration. The flag pictured is not an American flag. But regardless - desecrating the flag is not illegal. Folks can burn the flag in protest, drag it on the ground, stomp on it, and use it to wipe their bottoms. I don't like it, but it's not illegal. Making a rainbow flag that somewhat resembles the American flag is minor compared to what many folks do to the flag every day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic