Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Billboard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 3,483

Clemson Billboard

Jul 18, 2014, 9:47 PM

Any tiger fans interested in renting a billboard on I-26 Eastbound leaving Charleston can Tmail me .
I am thinking simple helmet color motif , ORANGE billboard with a 9 ft high white PAW dead center...and nothing more. The PAW says it all !
So sick of seeing all this dirtpecker propaganda in the tri-county area . It is time kids in the lowcountry saw some Clemson instead.
Let me know if you are interested in this project , I am willing to get it off the ground with the proper authorities and with the right amount of financial backing from serious tiger fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I say we make a TNet billbored

Jul 18, 2014, 10:01 PM

We will fill it up with all the TNet lingo, all surrounding a picture of the steak knives

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm information $100...need 199 co-conspirators***

Jul 19, 2014, 9:30 AM

What kind of investment are we talking?***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What kind of investment are we talking?***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:36 PM

^^^^^ my thoughts...

I'll help..by leaving oFF my Rum/Colas which should do iT!

Jul 18, 2014, 10:39 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So your gonna sell the 'red dot'...?***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So your gonna sell the 'red dot'...?***

Jul 18, 2014, 10:53 PM

Im talking about a billboard with the aforementioned logo , say a 5 month run Sept thru Jan this year. Think it would be a nice gesture and some serious credit to our university.

(Plus , it would have the lowcountry coot population all nauseous and such ...which is a plus ??).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I was asking LbB about the rum and cokes but as to the

Jul 18, 2014, 10:58 PM

billboard, sounds like a great idea. I just sold my Kiawah place so I doubt I'd get to see it much. Maybe get something like that going in my area tho....

Message was edited by: SOLOS®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....Bill, the obvious question: would your elimination

Jul 19, 2014, 6:19 AM [ in reply to I'll help..by leaving oFF my Rum/Colas which should do iT! ]

of the rum and coke quaffs actually pay for the billboard?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What kind of investment are we talking?***

Jul 19, 2014, 9:09 PM [ in reply to What kind of investment are we talking?*** ]

There are some inquiries that need to be answered. The idea must pass through certain channels...I will let you guys that are interested in this idea know something as soon as I have a handle on this myself.
Thanks to all who showed the enthusiasm toward such a noble cause.
Stay tuned . ALL IN

DB23

Re: Clemson Billboard

Jul 19, 2014, 7:42 AM

What is the total billboard cost so we can figure out how many donors are needed to make it reasonable?

Jul 19, 2014, 8:55 AM

6 mos contract on I-26 in close proximity of Chas. would be $2-$3k per mos ($12k - $18k total), plus $900 to print the board and get it installed, not including the creative design work, which shouldn't be much.

Jul 19, 2014, 9:27 AM

That's a lot of money to rile up the Lowcountry chickens.....money well spent. They've gotten way too uppity.

$18 from 1000 people***

Jul 19, 2014, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Billboard ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Laid-backtiger and I are interested in contributing to the

Jul 19, 2014, 10:10 AM

cause. Tired of seeing #### billboards about academics. Ugh!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK..count me ALL IN for $25, when my Social Security Check

Jul 19, 2014, 10:39 AM

arrives on the 3rd Wednesday of each month! LOL..and oh, GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This needs a kickstarter site.***

Jul 19, 2014, 10:42 AM

You're gonna run into copyright issues.

Jul 19, 2014, 11:05 AM

And will have to get explicit permission from the University. Knowing how much trouble it was to get the paws repainted on the highways, I could see them saying no.

I really wish Clemson stepped up their ad campaign. The past several years our TV spots have been horrible and USuC owns the billboards in this state. Hell, they have billboards in Pendleton. "We don't need to advertise" only goes so far.

Other than that, I'm in.

There's something in these hills.

Jul 19, 2014, 11:51 AM
howl.jpg(83.3 K)

Or, for a little less $$, we could probably get something like this on I-85 near the state line...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Run the project through the Alumni Association as a

Jul 19, 2014, 1:23 PM

special project and I'll be glad to send some money.

I believe Mark Durham is President of The Charleston Group.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 19, 2014, 7:21 PM

Keep us updated 'cause living in Charleston now, I've learned we need something! I'm in for some cash!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here is my billboard idea

Jul 19, 2014, 8:57 PM
untitled4.png(49.2 K)

It would just be this picture and it could say "It's your choice them or us"

Re: Here is my billboard idea

Jul 19, 2014, 9:05 PM

That is funny ...possibly not tasteful in a way befitting Clemson University ...but humorous nonetheless.
It is also very accurate to the fanbase in question.

DB23

Replies: 24
| visibility 3,483
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic