Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clelin Ferrell Comments Signal a Potential Problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Clelin Ferrell Comments Signal a Potential Problem

Jul 20, 2018, 9:40 AM

You don't have to be a genius to know that CDS sent Mitch (v. KB) to ACC Media Days to avoid KB being put on the hot spot about him starting or not. I doubt that CDS expected Cle to say what he said about KB being clearly ahead of TL. Then, add to this the "rumor" that another poster heard from three independent sources about there being a group of "KB boys", and you have the basis for possible dissention in the locker room. Add to this the unfortunate and unspoken aspect of race, and you have a potentially explosive situation. Don't deny or ignore this possibility!

I posted a lengthy piece several days ago that addressed this very issue that could harm what could otherwise be a national championship season … and was roundly denigrated for making the point that the KB/TL competition had to be made very transparent by using their respective performances in the Spring game (that we saw with our own eyes); publicizing their stats from an expected two fall scrimmages; and letting them go head-to-head in the Furman game (which, again, we can see with our own eyes) … and have the decision of selecting one over the other play out on the field. I even went so far as to suggest that CDS "quietly" invite some independent third-party "QB guru" to observe the scrimmages and offer a subjective analysis of the QB performances for publication.

I believe that Cle's comment reinforces the reason for my prior post. Alternatively, the short-term problem is easily solved if KB remains that starter and TL comes in to clean up … OR … if CDS employs a two QB system, but with KB being the first one to step on the field. The longer-term problem presents itself when a team with a decent defense uses the "Alabama strategy" to make KB beat them with his arm … and he can't … and we lose a game or two that keeps us out of the CFP. Nothing like snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

Good luck Dabo!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent

Jul 20, 2018, 9:42 AM

sources, then it's obviously true and we are all screwed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent

Jul 20, 2018, 9:49 AM

Just use your head and think an independent thought. I posted my earlier piece before I even heard of the "3 unconnected sources". If you think the possibility of "KB's boys" doesn't exist, then your head is in the sand or stuck up somewhere else!

I bet that's why HJ transferred.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

LOL at the irony.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent ]

"Just use your head and think an independent thought"

Then followed just 2 sentences later you make fun of him if he thinks differently than you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang on, now I'm confused...in the first post you

Jul 20, 2018, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent ]

called them "three independent sources." But in this reply you called them "3 unconnected sources." You even put the latter in quotation marks. So which is it, because this new development could change my opinion all together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 20, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent ]

The same poster also changed his story to "there is a STRONG belief in the older guys that Kelly should start" so its safe to say he's full of ####.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Ferrell-just-solved-the-QB-controversy-1810337?start=15&tstart=0#ixzz5LnxWLK00

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Re: Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent ]

Well hopefully we have a whole team full of KBs boys because he is out starting qb.

Jul 20, 2018, 11:15 AM

Our*

^^^Understands the importance of good sources***

Jul 20, 2018, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Well if some random tnet poster heard it from 3 independent ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is definitely a huge problem

Jul 20, 2018, 9:47 AM

for some poasters on T-Net.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Spring game....lol.

Jul 20, 2018, 9:47 AM

I keep hearing about the eye test from the spring game.

TL looked great (and I expect him to be great)....but in my best AI voice.....really? Spring game? We talkin spring game?

Fall scrimmages?

He'll get his shot..on the field...versus live D-1 bullets. It will work itself out.

I don't mean to add fuel to this fire ...

Jul 20, 2018, 9:48 AM

but during the 2017 spring game I noticed that the WR corps "hung around" Zerrick Cooper while Hunter Johnson seemed to be treated as an outsider.

I kinda knew from that point that HJ would not be at Clemson much longer, because he was not accepted by the other players.

Hopefully Elliott has a grasp on the situation and will resolve it quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This^^^ And I saw CBV stare cross-eyed

Jul 20, 2018, 9:51 AM

at Jeff Scott after the game. CBV is about to fire him.....since he is now in charge and Dabo is prepping for his move to 'Bama.

Bet on it.

Re: Clelin Ferrell Comments Signal a Potential Problem

Jul 20, 2018, 9:51 AM

If you’ve played a sport before especially on th collegiate level you understand the situation. Nothing to see here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2018, 9:53 AM

The can all Kumbaya with KB in the locker room after losing to A&M because A&M can score points. They do against Alabama.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:43 AM

That's amazing ... did Jimbob Fisher coach those teams ? A&M is a whole new thing now .... nobody knows how they'll play yet .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I suggest

Jul 20, 2018, 9:54 AM

you cower in a corner and worry and cry.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I respect the fact you've obviously given a lot of thought

Jul 20, 2018, 9:57 AM

To this. The spring game is not a measuring stick at all.

We will need to let both qbs play, when the coaches trust TL enough to put him in the game.

The coaches will evaluate the film.. as fans we really don't know what's supposed to be happening out there. A qb could look great to us out there and not be doimg what he's supposed to assignment wise.

The conspiracy theorist on tnet won't be happy but TL will be brought alomg the right way. People are making way too big a deal of this qb situation before the season.

Hopefully TL will be ready by the time we really need him, agaiant Bama in the cfp.

This is what I was referring to a few days ago

Jul 20, 2018, 10:03 AM

We have had this problem before years ago and it caused a lot of issues among the team. I think it's time we set the example as fans and adults to support who is played at qb and get behind the Tigers as a team. Just my opinion.

Re: This is what I was referring to a few days ago

Jul 20, 2018, 10:33 AM

People will...once the starter is actually named. This is the problem with several people on this board. Everyone is jumping down on anyone talking about TL potentially being who they think will end up the better guy....but fact is, he could end up the starter. No one knows for certain yet.

Guys, they haven't even started fall camp yet. Bryant was only named the leader coming out of the spring so far...Dabo nor Elliot, nor Scott has not once said Kelly will be the guy game 1 (no matter what happens in fall camp), nor has he said Lawrence will, nor has he said Chase will. They've actually said the opposite...that anything could happen and all will get a shot at it. But as of July 20th, the starter for the Furman game has not yet been announced.

So people on here need to quit talking like that decision is made already...fact is, it hasn't been and won't be until late August. Likely, Kelly will start the Furman game, baring any injuries. Most people have understood that the whole time. That does not mean he'll be the best guy for the Texas A&M game, the GT game, the FSU game, the coot game, or the ACC-CG or beyond.

So stop saying people need to "get behind the Tigers...get behind the coaches decision"...they haven't made the final decision yet, and last time I recall, all 3 QB's are Tigers. So being behind the less senior one doesn't mean you don't support the team.

Jul 20, 2018, 10:33 AM

They really don't though .

DB23

The only way to resolve this is to let you watch practices?

Jul 20, 2018, 10:45 AM

lol.

Letting a bunch of armchair coaches watch and critique paid professionals will solve this problem, I'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

This is a very well written post about

Jul 20, 2018, 10:49 AM

Nothing

Every locker room has friends, roommates and guys that hang out together. But the locker room is Orange and Purple.

You are trying to make it Black and White.

This isn't the 60's.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2018, 11:00 AM

Completion for the QB spot like all other spots will only make better players. Besides TL will start next year and win two more National Championships after KB wins one this year!
Got this from a source that talked to someone’s Aunt Tilley who knows the cousin of the waterboyII. More reliable than three unrelated in corrabrated sources.

Thanks Coach! I feel so much better knowing we have

Jul 20, 2018, 11:19 AM

an expert in the gallery.

Have a little patience grasshopper. This will all work out.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic