Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Civility, lol: Satan was calm and courteous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,239

Civility, lol: Satan was calm and courteous

Jul 4, 2020, 12:01 PM

when he spoke with Eve.

in fact, it's very important that Satan did not come to Eve as a charging Rhino, or a stampeding Elephant, or a mauling Bear, or a gnashing Tiger.

God gave us a clue - one we ignore every day - when he described Evil as the "civil" Snake.

May God grant it that the worst thing I ever do in my life is be "Un-civil" -

that I attack someone's ego because they wear it too proudly,
that I find a cause to get emotional about;
that I find a cause to sacrifice for,
that I ignore protocol in favor of Truth,
that I speak too harshly to my superior when he's being unkind to someone else,
that I remember Slavery existed in those most Civil and Gentile of societies called Rome and the Confederacy.

There's nothing at all wrong with being Uncivil to Evil. May someone be Uncivil to me when I do as all men do,

and, unknowing or not, commit Evil myself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quite the balancing act

Jul 4, 2020, 12:07 PM

Three paragraphs with a lot packed in it.

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires. Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like someone who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.

Those who consider themselves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

James 1:19:27

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 franc.... The Founding Fathers were civil to King George

Jul 4, 2020, 3:53 PM

for years as they sent entreaties to his parliamentarians to change their practices. They acted in thought and logic, reason and hope, sincerity and egalitarianism... until they could no more.

Unlike our current "neighbors" who seek little truth or equanimity - if they did, they wouldn't practice as they do.

They seek only their cause, and that simply isn't good enough.

Uncivil and destructive are different. The mob doesnt get it***

Jul 4, 2020, 6:59 PM

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,239
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic