Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Childish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Childish

Dec 1, 2013, 2:35 PM

You babies need to grow up. I've heard all i can handle about Dabo. Its not one mans fault, and all the blame doesnt go on his head, nor should it. They coaches coach, and the players play. Coaching wise, we did a great job. We werent outcoached in any way. Whoever watched the game could tell you that when a team, ANY TEAM, turns the ball over like we did, you are most likely going to lose. You guys that think this is all Dabos fault need to go ahead and hop on some other teams bandwagon, because aint nobody got time for that $%#& round here. We have made huge strides with him as the head coach, and he has put a great staff in place for us to continue to succeed on the field. Which we have. The past 3 seasons have been wonderful. We have done things, that i thought would never happen, and for you whiny @$$holes who just want to complain after every heartbreaking loss to call yourselves fans, is a flat out disgrace. We win like men, and by god we are going to lose like men. enough with the whining and finger pointing. the games over, now lets look forward to the bowl game, AND HOPE, that we have another 10 or more win season next year. I think we can look back through our coaching history the past 20 years and see that seasons like that are hard to come by.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Childish

Dec 1, 2013, 2:43 PM

TRANSLATION: WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR

Dec 1, 2013, 2:55 PM

Wow. no. My rant doesnt need translating. It is what it is, and if you really need me to dumb it down for you, which you have USC in your name, so i guess that is an obvious yes, there are more important games in our season than you guys. I could care less about beating you every year if we are pulling out wins over everyone else. I care about winning 10-12 games a season, because im not an idiot that thinks we can win every game all the time. Dont bring your garbage here.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Childish ]

You must be a coot or something. You certainly are not a real fan to trash our team like that. You clearly don't understand what ALL IN ALL THE FREAKIN TIME means.

Dec 1, 2013, 2:58 PM

^who are you reffering to?

Dec 1, 2013, 3:01 PM

The guy above you. He has only been a member since the 16th so he definitely is a coot. Your post was spot on.

Thing is, people dont respect coaches like they used to

Dec 1, 2013, 3:01 PM

Now it's just somebody to fire. Winning as a team and losing as a team is history for the fans. Thanks to the internet,everyone is a PlayStation coach who knows exactly every move to make.
These idiots really think they know more than our coaches.

Re: Thing is, people dont respect coaches like they used to

Dec 1, 2013, 3:02 PM

^right on. i thought you were referring to me since i have a new account.

Dec 1, 2013, 3:02 PM

couldn't agree more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Childish - AGREE

Dec 1, 2013, 3:14 PM

Thank you for your post. I'm mad, dissapointed, and other
related words you can conjure. BUT, I can't think of another Head Coach I would prefer. There's a reason so many fans like Clemson across the country, and don't like scar. We have a positive reputation, and that's a heckova lot better than the "thug" universities that exist, so many in the mighty SEC. It's the fans that came out of the woodwork last night, that I don't call fans. As far as I'm concerned the don't offer anything to this board but complaining. I've rarely heard anything constructive from the bunch of sour grapes. They just sit there waiting on something negative to jump on. I sure would hate to live my life like that. Sure, I'm experiencing the same emotions, but it's all in how it's handled. It's myopic to look at the bad, and throw out all the good. We've had a great season, and hopefully a bowl win to ice the cake. There's quite a few teams that will be sitting home. And, I do remember the days when we were thankful to get to 7-4...many here haven't experienced that. Be THANKFUL, for what we've accomplished. Exercise some gratitude.
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Childish - AGREE

Dec 1, 2013, 3:27 PM

That's so interesting. I mean that part about them=thugs, us=nice, all-american boys. When I worked in Columbia back in the 1980's I heard that exact same statement all the time......from gamecock fans about Danny's very physical teams, as he was kicking their butts every year. My how the world turns?

So coaches don't teach, preach and

Dec 1, 2013, 3:36 PM

live Ball security?! When I played that was a huge deal. We had strip and tip drills 3 times a week. You get taught how to hang onto the football. If the coaches don't emphasize it, then it IS a coaching issue. I think it's funny how everyone claims turnovers aren't on the coaches, when anyone who EVER played football will tell you how hard some coaches rant on ball security and others don't. The ones who don't have teams with more giveaways than those who do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So coaches don't teach, preach and

Dec 1, 2013, 3:44 PM

Its as much as a players fault as it is a coaches fault. Dabo and the gang have stressed ball security thoroughly in practice im sure. Adam Humphries had a punt accidentally forced from him when Martavis bumped into him running down his block. Accidents happen. Later in the game ADAM decided he would take it upon himself to try and grab extra yards, clearly a mistake on Adams part. I dont understand how hard it is to look at the facts man. You cant blame one players mishaps on a coach or a coaching staff.

Dec 1, 2013, 3:45 PM

And furthermore, we've been pretty dang good about ball security this season, and Adam has been pretty consistent with his hands. You cant go all Betty White on us over a couple of screw ups. Go eat a Snickers or something dude.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: So coaches don't teach, preach and ]

Humphries is too small, not strong enough etc.etc to be returning punts. He sees the deer in the headlights. Why was Martavis on the field at all? You mean we don't have anyone who can catch the darn ball and is big enough to hold onto the foolish thing.

when we do good..give coach credit..

Dec 1, 2013, 3:44 PM

when we play like crap it isnt his fault.i see that alot on here

Re: when we do good..give coach credit..

Dec 1, 2013, 3:46 PM

I dont ever personally give Dabo all the credit for wins. I give him the credit for putting the people in place to give us those wins.

Pathetic loser mentality***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:55 PM

Re: Pathetic loser mentality***

Dec 1, 2013, 3:59 PM

What? haha

Re: Pathetic loser mentality***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Pathetic loser mentality*** ]

exactly. 10 wins is a great season. Oh forgot to mention they came with 2 or 3 exceptions against weaklings!

Re: Childish***

Dec 1, 2013, 4:06 PM

Dec 1, 2013, 4:13 PM

You, sir or maam. live in NANA land. What you wrote is so far off the mark it doesn't even merit comment. Of clurse with that number of to's you're not going to win. But WHY did they occur. Instead of playing "bandwagon billy" how about taking off the rose colored glasses, learning some things about coaching and then analyze why we lost. It is very clear our OC and DC are clueless. Dabo should stay the other two need to go and tomorrow is not soon enough. Too young, too inexperienced , etc.etc, It works well against outmanned teams and that leads to 10 wins. It will not work against quality teams nor has it. He's 11-16 since 2008 in games against the coots, bowl games, championship games, top 25 teams---or quality teams. Finally, take 2 aspirin and your meds and remember the wifey still loves you--that is unless she bet on the game!

Dec 1, 2013, 6:57 PM

Wow. you are the clueless one. Defense played a great game. Connor Shaw is a heck of a player. All teams struggle with that guy. You keep forgetting all the good stuff we did on defense yesterday and obviously are forgetting that its Venables 2nd year as DC and has made a significant change in our play, for the good. As far as our offense goes, we did a stellar job apart from the turnovers. As far as the turnovers go, why ask that question? Thats like asking why are ##### good. They happened because you have Boyd, who i love dearly, but has never had the best ball security under pressure, no matter how much they try and coach it into him. Not to mention, and i hate to say it, but he gets rattled under pressure, and south carolina practically brought it 80% of the time last night. Either way, the offensive system we have in place is a great one, but you must have liked Billy Napier's better??? I mean come on bro. Adjust your tamp already.

Dec 1, 2013, 4:18 PM

i agree with the OP. Turnovers costed us, not the coaches or players

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Dec 1, 2013, 4:18 PM

Sorry, this is my first post; still learning how it works. I agree with the original post. All this crying about firing Dabo is crazy. Yeah we lost! Yeah, it sucks! But, 10-2 is not a terrible year. Do you guys not remember the 7-5, 8-4 seasons? We would have given our right arm to be 10-2! Do you not remember regularly losing to a Duke, a Wake Forest, a Georgia Tech, a Boston College that we clearly were better than? That doesn't happen anymore. I hate we lost last night and wish if would have been different but I for one am not willing to trade what coach Swinney has done and being 10-2 to going back to losing to teams that we are clearly better than.

Dec 1, 2013, 7:03 PM

It's much, much easier to forget losing to Duke and Wake Forest once in awhile, than losing to SCU every single year.

100% Correct***

Dec 1, 2013, 7:15 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic