Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cat-man Consult for Potter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Cat-man Consult for Potter?

Oct 14, 2019, 12:15 PM

If memory serves, when Catanzaro was struggling early in his Clemson career he spent some time with an NFL kicker that really helped him find consistency. Just wondering with Cat-man retired from NFL now, would he make some time to pay it forward and help Potter out too.

Just a thought.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I remember correctly - Cat-man started doing yoga to

Oct 14, 2019, 12:17 PM

keep calm and focus...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he do the downward dog?***

Oct 14, 2019, 12:19 PM

Are the dawgs ever not down?***

Oct 14, 2019, 12:51 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use the analogy of a Long Drive Champion trying to play on

Oct 14, 2019, 12:23 PM

the PGA tour and be consistently in the fairway. Its two completely different swings. I think BT is known for his kickoffs being un-returnable. He's a boomer. And then when he tries to focus on accuracy its not natural. Do I think he can learn accuracy over distance...i don't know. But i do think that, that is why he's so wild. Even on extra points the ball seems to come off the side of his foot too much and he makes me nervous.

Some kickers the ball seems to come off true. BT never has been able to consistently kick it true from what i've seen. He freakin can boom it though, better than anyone we've ever had here. I love that portion of his game.

If you remember also CAt-Man couldn't barely get the ball to the 5 yard line on kickoffs when he was here. But he could keep it relatively accurate for field goals.

Re: I use the analogy of a Long Drive Champion trying to play on

Oct 14, 2019, 1:26 PM

Since you started the golf reference, BT is more akin to the golfer who uses a half swing and a 4 iron instead of hitting a 7 iron with a full swing.

If you go back and re-watch the game from Saturday, the ball booms off of his foot on kickoffs and then it almost comes off in slow motion on the XPs and the FG attempt.

He tries to take a baby swing on extra points and short (40 yds and in) FGs.

Good kickers take the same swing on every kick whether it's an extra point or a long FG.

BT clearly tries to take a half swing when he is close.

It doesn't effect him too much on on extra points because he is so close that it's much harder to miss.

However on the easy FGs, especially when they are closer to the hash instead of the middle of the field, it's tougher to make the timing and contact with the ball match up.

I hope it's a simple approach error and not a mental thing about short kicks.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic