Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cards Still Reeling...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Cards Still Reeling...

Sep 20, 2017, 10:32 AM

https://www.cardchronicle.com/2017/9/19/16333648/thoughts-from-section-224-the-clemson-loss

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, they're still

Sep 20, 2017, 10:49 AM

cocky little sh!tz who think they're elite.

Got it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: So, they're still

Sep 20, 2017, 10:51 AM

Watch out....ClemVegas will come after you for using that elite word. ??

I keep reading all of this BS...

Sep 20, 2017, 10:50 AM

about how the Cards didn't play well or didn't play "their game".

What a complete load !!!

The Cards didn't play badly and they did play "their game", but Clemson isn't Purdue or UNCheat.

Louisville just got beat by a Clemson team with superior coaching and talent PERIOD, and frankly, last years result would have similar if Clemson doesn't turn the ball over five times.

So Louisville fans, don't take the a$$ whipping personally, and by the way, you can expect another healthy does of reality when you come to Death Valley next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Cards Still Reeling...

Sep 20, 2017, 10:58 AM

I find it interesting that all of the teams we beat will continue to come up with reasons why their team, their town or their college is still better than Clemson. A football game is a competition between football teams and Clemson is/was better than their team. While they may or may not be superlative in some other way, that was not the reason for the contest. Find your comfort where you may, but on that night, Clemson was obviously the superior football team and whooped the Cards in their house. On that subject, the Tigers Left NO Doubt!

Sep 20, 2017, 11:12 AM

I think that's a good column. I like his take.

As he points out, we got beat to death by Florida State in Death Valley and our fans went home before the game was over. We are 46-6 since the Noles slapped the crap out of us. I'm not predicting the Cards are going to come close to what Clemson has done, but they do seem a strong candidate to go 6-1 or 5-2.

When you get the crap beaten out of you by a superior team, you can fold your tent and quit, or you can recommit to playing better. It would not bother me if Louisville rebounded.

It also won't bother me if the Cards collapse. I'm not sure Petreno has built anything but a house of cards up there at Louisville.

But I see where the fans and the writer who hope for better are coming from.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with your sentiments especially the one about Petrino

Sep 20, 2017, 11:56 AM

and the house of cards. Dabo has built Clemson the right way, recruiting and not transfers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait till Petino leaves them for Auburn day after he says

Sep 20, 2017, 11:05 AM

he is not going anywhere.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

lol..love this comment in the comments section

Sep 20, 2017, 11:17 AM

This about sums them up:

"Dude, we've played them close every year, two of which with the best player they've ever had. They lose him and we feel like this is our best shot and we get beaten worse than any other time we played them. That's the frustration."

^ no mention of turnovers vastly affecting the last game, no mention how in previous years, they maintained a top 10 D...it's all just about "they lost Watson"

From UL's perspective...

Sep 20, 2017, 12:29 PM

you live by the QB you die by the QB. It's easy to understand why they thought DW was the only thing we had going.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Boy that boy can write but there was something missing.

Sep 20, 2017, 12:28 PM

"UL didn't play their game?" The entire piece should have been labeled fiction. The real story is that UL was overwhelmed with talent, well developed skill and a masterful gameplan. Maybe that boner Dabo had for LJ for deluding the voters to giving the trophy to the wrong guy might have played a part.

I like fiction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a Choad

Sep 20, 2017, 12:34 PM

Calls what Clemson is on now "a pretty nice little run" Brother it was 2 trips to the Natty, something Looservile won't ever see in Football. Once Lavar Burton is gone and Petrino slips up again and starts dating students it will all end and end UGLY>

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reading the comments section was actually better than..

Sep 20, 2017, 12:41 PM

the article. Lots of lame excuses there.

Sep 20, 2017, 1:02 PM

Sep 20, 2017, 1:22 PM

His quote " I am not a football wizard. I can’t break these things down like others on this site can. These are just general observations and questions." pretty much sums up all of that waste of time reading.

Sorry, but the guy just doesn't have a clue how UL could fix their problems, or even what their problems are.

microphones by their student section

Sep 20, 2017, 1:29 PM

??????????????????????????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

The comments sum up why they will never be dominant in FB

Sep 20, 2017, 1:43 PM

Fans claiming they are basketball fans that enjoy football, making excuses for the attendance and atmosphere on the fact that there is just so much for people to do in L'ville other than come to football games like in Clemson or Alabama, and the biggest one, wanting to sit during the game why cheering and enjoying the game as entertainment instead of being emotionally invested.

Sep 20, 2017, 2:03 PM

Our defense had a large part of why they "didn't play their game." When your defense is good enough to contain Lamar, you are taking away the only offensive weapon they have, thereby keeping them from "playing their game." Don't think that Petrino lost his playbook or forgot how to call plays for this game, because that's a load of crap.

The game reminded me a lot of the beat-down we took from FSU

Sep 20, 2017, 2:32 PM

when they visited us along with College Game Day folks and Jamies Winston and we were wound up tight as a watch spring for our biggest game in the past 20 years or so.

Of course, we crapped the bed big-time and everything this guy said about the Louisville environment applied to our folks in Death Valley that miserable night.

As things stand today, it's easy to forget that we were once unable to get over the proverbial hump just like The Cards.

Oh well ... no reason to dwell too much on that. It's all in the past for Clemson. Let somebody else be the butt of ESPN jokes about "Cardinal-ing" when the spotlight is brightest.

We had our time, and now we've grown up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic