Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can CU wait on 5* to make their commits ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Can CU wait on 5* to make their commits ?

Jul 22, 2017, 1:23 PM

or we start to go to next choices. Does Clemson wait like we did with White. Can we afford to a 3/4 tier person or wait to next year? I believe we can not because that makes next year class huge. Do we start telling 5* that we want you bad but give them a date.

Who and what position?

Six slots to fill one/third of the class.

wait Salyer and Henry and Ross

Push for a commit from Hill,Campbell,rb

If we wait too long, the quality 4* will be gone too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We've already nabbed our 2 top targets

Jul 22, 2017, 1:27 PM

Lawrence and Thomas are huge pickups. If we land half of our remaining targets it will be crazy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Did we not grab 3 good DB's at the LAST minute

Jul 22, 2017, 1:28 PM

in the 2016 class? Also, did we not grab a 4 star RB at the last minute in 2017 ?

We are Clemson ,no such thing as 3rd or 4th tier recruits.

^ What this guy said ^

Jul 22, 2017, 1:31 PM

Where have you been the last few years? Relax brother. The staff's got this.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ What this guy said ^

Jul 22, 2017, 1:40 PM

They did not get it with White. Missed out on Teague and another rb.

We offered another OL guard today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^ What this guy said ^

Jul 22, 2017, 1:56 PM

If we miss on a guy we get who we need to win. We are the defending national champs. We are the model of consistency in college football along with Alabama, OSU and FSU as the top programs in CFB right now. We missed a lot of guys the last few years. Didn't stop us from climbing the mountain and beating teams that got some of the guys we missed on.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can CU wait on 5* to make their commits ?

Jul 22, 2017, 1:32 PM

Yes we wait on all of them. I don't see anyway we take 6 more players that would give us 17 commits and we only have room for 11, and no way 6 players leave early.

We will definitely lose 6 more players

Jul 22, 2017, 1:40 PM

Wilkins, Ferrell, Cain and Hyatt all go early. Then I guarantee you we will have some attrition next season. The DB room is getting crowded. LB, QB, DL, and maybe TE could all see some attrition due to guys that have been around awhile getting passed by younger, more talented players. If we don't lose at least 1 QB, that'll be shocking. 6 more in 2017 is the minimum.

Re: We will definitely lose 6 more players

Jul 22, 2017, 2:19 PM

Wilkins, Cain yes. Ferrell maybe. Hyatt no he isn't a NFL left tackle, he can play right .

Re: We will definitely lose 6 more players

Jul 22, 2017, 2:34 PM

Hyatt not an NFL left tackle? Please follow any of the links below

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2706564-2018-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-next-years-top-prospects.amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/way-too-early-2018-nfl-mock-draft-in-loaded-qb-draft-top-passers-go-1-2-3/amp/

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/2018-nfl-mock-draft-the-way-too-early-two-round-projection-042917

And many more...

Don't forget, the 6 Walk Ons that pick up schalorships this

Jul 22, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to We will definitely lose 6 more players ]

Fall might not all be Seniors.

Jul 22, 2017, 1:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Can CU wait on 5* to make their commits ? ]

I believe CU is thinking 15 to 18 commits

Jul 22, 2017, 1:44 PM

Curious, do you think your input is taking in high regard by anyone outside this thread? When Dabo responds, I'll give credit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more

Jul 22, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Can CU wait on 5* to make their commits ? ]

Henry, Hill, Salyer, Carman, Ross, Campbell, Cook. The staff would take all of those and that would put us at 18. That's the minimum. On top of that, we are probably going to take a RB and maybe another TE. So the offers point to 18-20. I think there is a good chance it ends up at 21-22.

Re: I think it's more

Jul 22, 2017, 2:08 PM

I really don't think Dabo is worried -- after all,he gave a zero star kicker a full scholarship,knowing we were limited to a small recruiting class* -- Dabo tells em'all ( don't commit to Clemson till you are ""ALL IN"" and ready to quit visiting the other schools ) simple as that* -- can't blame the kids, for dragging the process out,taking official visits & seeing what's out there for them* -- GO TIGERS !!!!

He is one of the top 5 kickers in the country

Jul 22, 2017, 3:18 PM

Kickers are just ranked differently. But he is absolutely one of the best. He'd be in the top 100 at least if it was normalized.

Jul 22, 2017, 2:54 PM

Why are you boys letting a coot get you all worked up? Has Dabo and staff not proven we will get our share of recruits? This guys team just took a commitment from a LT who is the 1356th best player in the country

Jul 22, 2017, 4:11 PM

I read on here a lot but rarely post. But after reading all the negative recruiting posts it's a wonder if I was a big name recruit why I would want to come here. When you hear people saying things like "Oh so and so didn't show up for the cookout. We didn't need him anyway. Let's move on. Does Dabo know what he's doing? Should we give them a timeline before moving on? Some other school is cheating which is why they didn't come. Their loss." etc etc etc I know this is a fan discussion forum but I would bet it gets read by many, if not all, of the recruits. And comments like these can be negative fodder for other teams to tell the recruits. We should be a lot more positive in our recruiting comments and trust that the coaches know what they are doing instead of second guessing them and the players (17 YR OLD KIDS!). Just my two cents worth and sorry if you don't agree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 3:03 PM

Sportsfan®
Commissioner [971]
TigerPulse: 63% 17

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2017, 3:11 PM

ignored!

I don't think our staff has a clue how to recruit.

Jul 22, 2017, 3:33 PM

The proof is in the pudding.

Wait, what?

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic