Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Camron Kelly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 3,870

Camron Kelly

Jul 21, 2018, 10:27 PM

Just announced on twitter he’s decommitting from VT because he felt he “rushed the decision” we were one of the other finalists along with penn st supposedly, before he committed. Are we in the running now or do y’all think Clemson doesn’t want him anymore?

Message was edited by: wellsbruce15®

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Camron Kelly

Jul 21, 2018, 10:38 PM

I think that unless we miss on Booth and decide to take him at corner we probably pass. At this point we have three safeties and Jalyn Phillips will probably be joining them on Aug 10th. I'd expect that the only other safety we'd be interested in is Dax Hill simply because he's too good not to take if he wants to come.

My initial gut guess would be that he winds up at ND. VT wasn't even in the kids top 8 but he set a commitment date well in advance and nobody else was interested in taking him at that point in time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV's new contract has a LOT if em REthinking

Jul 21, 2018, 10:46 PM

Everyone's been been using "he's gonna" leave" on the recruiting trail.

Re: BV's new contract has a LOT if em REthinking

Jul 21, 2018, 10:48 PM

This was an easy one to see coming. The kid only committed there in the first place because he needed somebody to take him. He could wind up back at VT but he was never going to be committed there all the way through.

I highly doubt we will be recruiting him going forward***

Jul 22, 2018, 7:33 AM

Jul 22, 2018, 11:04 AM

If Clemson wanted him they would have taken his commitment when he tried to give it to them. Something came up in a weeks time because BV went to see him one weekend and then Kelly came to Clemson and everything looked as if he was coming to Clemson then all of a sudden Clemson told him they would not be accepting his commitment so something happened. I don't know what but Clemson wasn't the only school to tell him no thank you. For some reason he thought he had to commit because he set a date and found a school that would take his commitment but even VT fans were suspicious of it because they knew he'd tried to commit to other schools right before his VT commitment.

Jul 22, 2018, 11:08 AM

Penn State and Clemson wanted him as a safety, but he was dead set on playing cornerback and didn't want to compromise. Va Tech took him as a corner, but this sounds like they told him something differently as well

Jul 22, 2018, 1:28 PM

I think the coaches might be looking for a back up plan for Booth. It looks like he's going to Auburn right now. Seems like all of the high profile guys in this class that we are in battles for are not picking Clemson

Jul 22, 2018, 2:18 PM

The SEC way is in overdrive right now as the new coaches and boosters are freaking out trying to keep pace with Bama and UGA now which certainly doesn't help us regionally.

We'll see what happens with some of these guys. The staff is obviously banking on a big season and selling the results on the field in a way that maybe they haven't quite done before, with not allowing officials before the season. We'll see how it works out with the new signing day and guys committing earlier.

With Booth specifically I think the longer it goes the better spot we're in. I expect us to have a better season than Auburn. Losing Johnson and to a lesser extent Petteway along with 3 or 4 of the OL starters is going to put a lot on Stidham who hasn't shown that he can be good when he needs to carry the offense to this point. They open with Washington and despite the talent disparity between Auburn's front 7 and the Wash OL, Peterson has made is name taking down teams in openers.

Replies: 8
| visibility 3,870
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic