Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cam not diving for football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Cam not diving for football

Feb 8, 2016, 10:07 AM

is a non issue for me. He's the QB. They are the most valuable and protected member of the team.

Yes, I would have loved to have seen him get into a wrestling match over the ball, but if he gets injured or concussed, everyone would say "he shouldn't have dove for the ball".

Being a sore loser is lame, but can't tear the guy down because he didn't put himself into harms way by getting into a scrum with a bunch of grown men that outweigh him by fifty pounds and would love an opportunity to put him out of the game.

He'll learn from it. Maybe next year his attitude will match his talent.

Next time he should call Deshaun and ask him how he should handle his post game presser.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cam not diving for football

Feb 8, 2016, 10:23 AM

The Cam defenders on here are comical. Anyone, regardless of position, who does not go after a fumbled football should not be on the field period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 10:27 AM

yep, he takes a lot more punishment running the ball on designed QB runs that he would've going for the football there.

He's a big baby and he showed us all who he really is again last night.

It's easy to be a leader and have fun when you're winning....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Feb 8, 2016, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Cam not diving for football ]

It looked to me as if a teammate had s better shot at the fumble and maybe Cam didn't want to fight for it with a teammate .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Cam not diving for football ]

The comical part is that people actually think they know what was going through his mind....

Personally I think he thought the ball was going to squirt out.

The man routinely runs over LBs and safeties. To act like he was shying away from contacting or didn't want to get hurt is what's laughable....

I agree mostly. The ball seemed to be fairly close to his

Feb 9, 2016, 10:08 AM

feet, which meant a "dive" wouldn't have worked. Seems to me he was adjusting himself to be ready for it squirting out.

I'm not a big Cam-fan, but the announcers made too much of it. As often as he takes hits when he's running the ball, I doubt he was concerned about getting hurt by falling on a fumble.

Does no one else see him on the ground?

1st quarter, no problem. Final minutes of the biggest game

Feb 8, 2016, 10:29 AM

of the year, down by 6 with a chance to take the lead, you go after the ball. That play pretty much sealed the deal

Feb 8, 2016, 10:30 AM

I am not a Cam fan but it looked like two Panthers were on top of the ball and he would bave been diving on top of them without being able to get to the ball and maybe keeping them from getting the ball.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 10:31 AM

It squirted out from under the two Panthers anyway.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its hard to judge a dude for a split second decision

Feb 8, 2016, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Cam not diving for football ]

I can't begin to pretend to know what was going through his mind. I can only say what happened and what it looked like, but in the end we just can't know what he was thinking.

But, to be clear there was a bronco who was in the best position to recover the ball initially (#94) and it appears (again only going by appearances) that Cam sees this and doesn't think he can get to it before the bronco recovers it. Maybe he was thinking it wasn't worth the risk, maybe he was thinking there's a chance it squirts out (which it does) and he can be in position to recover that. I don't really know. But there were not two panthers there in the best position to recover the ball. That narrative doesn't hold.

http://deadspin.com/cam-newton-wanted-no-part-of-that-game-sealing-fumble-1757754557

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Its hard to judge a dude for a split second decision

Feb 8, 2016, 11:38 AM

People can defend him all they want but if you look at the video he is looking down at the ball. If he lays out for it he had the best chance of recovering it. If he lays out he could have broke 94's arm maybe he did not want to hurt the guy. The bottom line is he talked all year and in the biggest game of the year he could not handle adversity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2016, 10:06 AM

If you are really a team player.....you don't have to rely on "what's going through your mind"...in a split second decision....you react instinctually... It's called fight or flight and we see what Cam's instincts are....."get away, I'm too valuable to get involved!"

Feb 8, 2016, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Its hard to judge a dude for a split second decision ]

well if we are going to link deadspin...they hate Peyton too....

http://deadspin.com/peyton-manning-can-eat-shit-1757781250?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Feb 8, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Cam not diving for football ]

I agree. It looked like he was until he saw a teammate almost get the ball. I could care less who won the game, but the officials took the panthers out of the game with bad calls all night long.

You don't have time to think about injuries. It's split

Feb 8, 2016, 10:57 AM

second. Your competitive instinct either kicks in or it doesn't. I know Newtons a competitor, but I have no idea what that was. Any coach will tell you the more jerseys that are your color going after the ball helps.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

he wouldn't have gotten if he would of dove...

Feb 8, 2016, 11:30 AM

The ball was close to his feet, if he would of dove at 6'5" he would have badly missed. Wouldn't have mattered if the panthers dud recover, they weren't going to score on Denver's defense

Re: he wouldn't have gotten if he would of dove...

Feb 9, 2016, 10:24 AM

Superman dives into the pile

Cam-man does a mexican hat dance around it

I'm also fine with him not diving for it

Feb 8, 2016, 11:45 AM

Of course, I was rooting for the Broncos. hth.

If that had been DW in a Clemson game

Feb 8, 2016, 11:59 AM

I would have been infuriated

Re: If that had been DW in a Clemson game

Feb 8, 2016, 12:07 PM

No Question it looked bad...a panther player looked like he had it but knocked it 5 yards back..

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Cam heard eveyone yell HUMBLE instead of FUMBLE and wanted no part of it.***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:14 PM

Laying at his feet was his team's only chance to win the

Feb 8, 2016, 1:40 PM

Super Bowl...and he backed away. Says a lot, I think. He had quit - pure and simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Laying at his feet was his team's only chance to win the

Feb 8, 2016, 2:15 PM

his performance last night seemed like he quit before the game started. how can you not be mentally prepared to play in the biggest game of your life? Carolina's entire offense should donate their game checks to their defense since that was the only reason the game was even close.

Feb 9, 2016, 9:58 AM

I'm glad he didn't dive for it. The Broncos eventually scored and I won $150 on the block board at the golf course.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"he shouldn't have dove for the ball"...

Feb 9, 2016, 10:19 AM

...said no one. Ever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

it was laying at his feet - he wouldn't have had to "dive"..

Feb 9, 2016, 10:34 AM

that having been said, injuries typically occur when players are in odd positions and not "full out".

Had Cam dropped down in that position he would have been effectively doubled over, not in a diving position like when crossing the goal line.

Once the crowd got there and put their weight on him, injury may have been "likely", not simply "possibly".

There was more than one play that lost that game, and there will be other games. Players should always play accordingly -

it is, after all, only a game.

BTW - not a Cam fan at all. He needs to heed the teachings of the great John Wooden and bring the same approach to winning as he does defeat - and vice versa.

Grow up, young man...

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic