Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Calling on Hartins OR Joe21 to share their knowledge of “Gator” Farr & his famous Chicken Curse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 845

Calling on Hartins OR Joe21 to share their knowledge of “Gator” Farr & his famous Chicken Curse

Nov 20, 2018, 4:55 PM

appearance in the 40’s, 50’s & 60’s at The Amphitheatre b/4 moving down to the Big Bonfire located near the Stadium parking lot where a huge GameCockk was roasted (after having been hung in effigy for days) to the delight of many thousands.

Also, the Coots do about the same bonfire deal with a huge Tiger.

What remember you Ole Timers?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling on Hartins OR Joe21 to share their knowledge of Gator Farr & his famous Chicken Curse

Nov 20, 2018, 5:19 PM

I remember the Gator Farr eulogy very well I believe that the gamecock coach was the one 'burnt in effigy' and the Bon fire was always a big event. I also remember hearing the constant drum beating by the ROTC cadets all week! There was always a big pep rally in the amphitheater and the head cheerleader always got a 'bath', remember that?
Perhaps coach Howard spoke at the pep rally. I'm unsure about that. A similar rally was held at the beginning of the season and coach H introduced the players...always with a few remarks! Those were the days. Best remember by the freshman who were nearing the end of rat season. Clemson was great then and more so today in many ways. Hard to believe a bunch of guys could have so much fun without "wimmens"'

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Calling on Hartins OR Joe21 to share their knowledge of Gator Farr & his famous Chicken Curse

Nov 20, 2018, 5:23 PM

Do a search on Farr, and you'll find a 2015 shakinthesouthland article about him. There's a picture of him included with the article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“GATOR” Farr & his famous Chicken Curse...

Nov 20, 2018, 5:49 PM

He looked like Roy Orbinson a bit with glasses & dark hair..or like a mortician if you will..

and he wore all black tux-like outfit with long tails & Abe Lincoln high top hat..and had a scary sounding voice as he put a Voo-Doo Curse on the rubber chicken he held on a string.

That’s about all i remember after 60 yrs!

Help me, Please!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here you go. Link with photos

Nov 20, 2018, 5:58 PM

https://medium.com/@TigerPreGame/october-24th-clemson-historic-picture-of-the-day-f02328e7ca3b

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 845
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic